It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim 'cleric' Sheik Haron allegedly sent hate mail to Australian war widows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Muslim 'cleric' Sheik Haron allegedly sent hate mail to Australian war widows

www.news.com.au

THEY are young Australians who paid the ultimate price, losing their lives at war - but now their families have allegedly been targeted by self-styled Muslim cleric Sheik Haron in an anti-war campaign.

Finally, after an alleged two-year letter-writing spree that has devastated the families of seven Diggers who died in Afghanistan, Haron faces criminal charges, The Daily Telegraph reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is without doubt one of the lowest acts I have seen in a while. I am happy to announce that this barbaric troglodyte has been charged and now faces court.

He actually hand delivered a letter to a widow while she was at her late husband’s funeral!

I think his punishment should be to send him back to Afghanistan and drop him in the middle of the war zone so he can see what soldiers have to go through.

But this gutless wonder would never have the stones. No, he would rather pick on defenceless widows. What a pathetic loser.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver
I think his punishment should be to send him back to Afghanistan and drop him in the middle of the war zone so he can see what soldiers have to go through.

Firstly I am not advocating their act but....
You seem to not be much of a world observer bro

What soldiers go through?
What about CIVILIANS go through during an invasion?

How many innocent civilians have been harmed from clumsy bombings and mistakes that end up costing lives? but the killers never face consequences.

Imagine the resentment and anger survivors must feel when a family member is killed and nothing is done about it. When there are no other jobs available because all the businesses have fled, what else is there to do, but join ranks with the resistance
afteramerica.wordpress.com...

Once again i'm not advocating what they did
horrible approach

but i'm not too happy with your assessment of the situation either

Those soldiers shouldn't be there to begin with
Tell me something

How do you think americans would react if pakistan invaded us without cause?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You should keep in mind that, then, wars were fought with a far more brutal manner in comparison to today. There were not UAV's or guided mortal shells or guided artillery shells. It was not a computer game, it was far worse than any single one us can imagine. That being said, sure i say, back on a c130 and first flight back to were ever this worm crawled out from.

Enough said.

Oh wait on....isn't America the most barbaric nation in our modern history. Now what if i was to do an identical thing to a person who lost his or her loved ones in Iraq, Afghanistan or the Twin towers ?

Do you think i would survive beyond 48hrs ? ....I think not....

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The citizens huh, Hapless bombings you say? I didn’t see them willing to hand over Osama to us, the citizens that is, nor did I see them raise up to throw off their shackles from the Taliban.

The Taliban would not hand over Bin Laden and Co, Remember they flew planes into American buildings, I think the government showed great restraint after 9/11, We could have nuked the entire country but we didn’t, Some Afghans got killed, I am sad about that but hey "Mess with best, Die like the rest"!!

To the OP it is very disgusting what that coward did, he is similar to the nut jobs we have here who protest at American Soldiers funerals whit stupid signs like “THANK GOD FOR IEDS" "IEDS are GODS RESPONSE FOR HOMOSEXUALITY"

I thank the Australian people for there sacrifice, I served with a few Aussies, and they were very good soldiers

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think individuals like this give communities a bad name. To be honest I don't believe his sentence was even harsh enough. I Would love him go through a form of rehabilitation and counseling where he is made to understand the copious amounts of grief war widows and families go through when their husband or wife don't return from the war zone.

Sometimes I think people like these are far worse than suicide bombers.

There will probably be an episode covered by Insight on this topic on SBS.

new topics

top topics

join