It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrified Alien Found At Wright Patterson in 2003?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by exposethosesecrets

This book is also available at amazon.com:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256155761&sr=8-2

It may be interesting to read and get the whole context of the story. It is hard to believe an Air Force publication would be so explicit and open on the extraterrestrial hypothesis.

Great find!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
seems to me to be an inside joke article for pilots.

Heard about gremlins? it was was often blames for crashes by unknown faults/leaks in the planes in wwII and onwards.

i think this is referreing to the Pretend gremlins in a way.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beatnietzsche

Since you have the book in hand, what's your take on the whole thing??

OK, I've finding some odd stuff. I think one clue is this Vincent J Russo.

He is EXTREMELY well connected.

And an odd side note, he looks a lot like the late Aaron Russo.

And if you do a good search for Vincent J Russo, his name comes up in tons of searches, but when you click on the link, his name is not there.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by exposethosesecrets]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The truth has a strange way of finding it's way out into the open. I guess they didn't expect that to happen when they have been denying their existence on our world and making those of us, who have had personal experiences look like we needed to have a rubber room over the past several decades.

I am glad that it is now out in the open. It is about time.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This just does not sound or look nor read credible.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have ordered a copy of the book and will check it out myself.

One page makes it interesting, but will have to look at the overall tone. For $6, not a bad deal to get a book of historic value.

I will withhold judgment until the book is read.

[edit on 10/21/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

If you've got that book for $6 you've got a hell of a deal!!.......nearly all the sites I've checked are selling for around $95........I'd order a few copies if I were you!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hmm very interesting indeed. I would be curious to know more about the author of this article. It sure seems strange that this would have "slipped through". Thank you for the post!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
I have ordered a copy of the book and will check it out myself.

One page makes it interesting, but will have to look at the overall tone. For $6, not a bad deal to get a book of historic value.

I will withhold judgment until the book is read.

[edit on 10/21/2009 by kidflash2008]

The book you showed has the same title, but the cover is way different.

Could be a reprint in paperback.

The book I took the copy from is a large, coffee table book, very well illustrated with tons of neat historic photos. Talks about area B and area C.

I only skimmed the book, as I was looking for other info, not ufo based stuff.

Don't know what made me look at page 291 but it caught my eye.

Hopefully, you get a cheaper paperback version of the same book, but somehow I find it hard to believe they could stuff all those full page pics in a paperback. Will be interested to see what you get.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If the copy I have does not have what you found in a PUBLIC library, then I would have to say the copy you have is a hoax. It seems you are now stating that other copies of the same book will not have that information in it.

Now I am wondering if I should cancel my order.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I believe this is a satirical article.

The airfield they mention is long gone, the area is now a park and a housing development.

There are no original buildings still standing.

The date though is interesting 23 May 2003.

And the comment about spending hours listening to "nocturnal AM radio"and searching the web.

Sounds like a reference to CoasttocoastAM

On Wed.21 May 2003(actually Thur.22 May 2003 in Ohio because of the time difference between Calif. and Ohio)George Noory's guest was Robert Dean and the subject was ET's and government knowledge

"This is the biggest story in human history," said Retired Command Sergeant Major Robert O. Dean (beyondzebra.com(1)), the main guest on Wednesday's program. He was referring to the extraterrestrial presence on this planet, which he first became aware of while examining top secret reports as a NATO officer in the early 1960's. The initial information he read, detailed a series of large metallic circular objects that were seen over Europe in 1961. But this was just the tip of the iceberg.

The little green man they found?The reference to plastic?

Probably this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2447e3cedfd0.jpg[/atsimg]

I an sure the historians visited the site probably for a unit picnic on Friday 23 May 2003,somebody found a plastic soldier "little green man"and somebody else wrote this article about it and put it in the magazine.

I have seen tongue in cheek, humorous articles in countless military periodicals.

When they moved to Wright Field the military took Everything.

Even the manhole covers.

There is NO old abandoned buildings where McCook was located

During the balance of 1927 & into 1928, caravans of trucks & rail cars carted all that was portable from McCook Field across & out of town to Wright Field: wind tunnels, propeller test rigs, dynamometers - even manhole covers bearing the designation U.S. Army Signal Corps. Nothing went to waste. When this had all been accomplished by the end of 1928, McCook, like ancient Carthage, was demolished & laid level with the dust. Indeed, the ground was regraded so that nearly nothing remained of America’s first "Cradle of Aviation."

Abandoned airfields in Ohio.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I decided to go straight to the horses mouth I just emailed the ASC/HO office.

To: [email protected]

Subject: Home Field Advantage Excerpt Clarification

Body:
Dear ASC/HO Staff,

i34.tinypic.com...
I recently came across the above excerpt from the Postscript section of Home Field Advantage: A Century of Partnership Between Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and Dayton, Ohio, in the Pursuit of Aeronautical Excellence and would like some clarification of your offices stance regarding this excerpt. I was specifically wondering if any clarification could be given regarding:
Is this a joke?

If so:

Why in an otherwise dry history book is there a page with such strange subject matter, without direct indication of falsehood aside from the material itself?

If not:

Who among the ASC/HO staff made the original discovery of this petrified body?

Who among the Air Force Research Laboratory Staff has had access to these remains and on what basis have they concluded it to be of extraterrestrial origin?

Which scholars from Ohio State University has had access to these remains?

Any further details you can provide regarding this incedent would be appreciated.

Best regards,
MY NAME

I'll post back once I get a response.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by exposethosesecretsThe book you showed has the same title, but the cover is way different.

The book I took the copy from is a large, coffee table book, very well illustrated with tons of neat historic photos. Talks about area B and area C.

Hopefully, you get a cheaper paperback version of the same book, but somehow I find it hard to believe they could stuff all those full page pics in a paperback. Will be interested to see what you get.

I have canceled my order now. I am not going to play games like this. Either all the copies have the same thing, or this is some kind of hoax. I have better books to buy and read.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I never heard about this story before, and I've pretty much been reading this kind of stuff since I was a little kid back in the 80's - very nice find

On another note, I like how the idea of "Gremlins" came up; apparently the whole "gremlin" thing started back in 1929, but I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking into it... however, I did discover that the author Roald Dahl - the guy who wrote Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - aka Willy Wonka - aka the movie with the Oompa Loompas that pretty much EVERYONE has heard of before.. also wrote a sequel called Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.. I read the book myself back when I was in middleschool.. anyway, since I read it so long ago I don't remember everything about it... but I do remember aliens being in it. Willy takes Charlie up into outerspace and all kinds of crazy stuff happens - a lot different than the first story that pretty much everyone knows about, especially since they made a movie out of it and then the new version back in 2005, which totally sucks compared to the actual book and original movie but whatever... turns out the same guy also wrote a children's book, in 1943 - years before he wrote anything about Willy Wonkda - called The Gremlins.

taken from Wikipedia:

The Gremlins is a children's book, written by Roald Dahl and published in 1943. It was Dahl's first children's book, and was written for Walt Disney, optioned for a film that was never made, in part because no one could establish exactly who owned the word "gremlin" and in part because they could not figure out how to make creatures who destroyed Allied aircraft lovable enough for a cartoon. On 25 September 2006, a reprinted edition of the book was released by Dark Horse Comics.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wanderingwaldo

Be interested to see what they have to say. Nice work.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
and just because I'm bored, here's some more info about The Great Glass Elevator (wrote by Roald Dahl in 1972)

taken from Wikipedia:

The book begins where Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ends: Willy Wonka has just given Charlie ownership of his factory, and they crash through the roof of Charlie's house and inform his family of the good news.

Charlie's grandparent (except Grandpa Joe, who had already gotten out of the bed) are nervous about going inside the travelling elevator, and after twenty years in bed, refuse to get up. The bed is thus pushed into the elevator, which then takes off. At a critical moment during the return trip to the factory, a panicking Josephine grabs Wonka away from the controls and steers the elevator with its occupants into an Earth orbit. The elevator circles the planet until Wonka sees the chance to link it with the newly-launched Space Hotel, a private enterprise of the United States government.

In the White House, President of the United States Lancelot R. Gilligrass, the Vice-President and Gilligrass's strict nanny, Elvira Tibbs, and his Cabinet see this mysterious object dock with the Space Hotel and think it contains hostile agents of a foreign or extraterrestrial government. The space shuttle containing the hotel staff and three astronauts approaches the Space Hotel, and the shuttle's crew prepares for the worst. On the Hotel, Wonka and the others hear the President address them across a radio link as Martians, and Wonka proceeds to tease Gilligrass with nonsense words and grotesque poetry. But in the midst of this, the hotel's elevators open, revealing five gigantic, brown-green, boneless creatures shaped something like eggs with eyes. They change shape, each forming a letter of the word SCRAM, and Wonka motions everybody to get out of the Space Hotel quickly.

Those shape-changers, Wonka tells the others, are predatory extraterrestrials called Vermicious Knids that have infested the Space Hotel. Since they can't reach Earth's surface to prey on its natives because they burn up in the atmosphere as shooting stars, the Knids are waiting in the Space Hotel for the new arrivals in the shuttle, some of whom they instantly devour. Capable of flying in anaerobic space at improbable speeds, they pursue the survivors but are unable to board the space shuttle. Instead, they dive-bomb the shuttle's engines and hull, destroying the rockets as well as the cameras and radio antenna. Without its rockets, the shuttle is unable to escape the Knids by breaking orbit and returning to Earth.

Seeing all this from the relative safety of the Great Glass Elevator, which is Knid-proof (one Knid bruised itself badly on the Knid-proof glass and has been chasing the Elevator ever since), Charlie suggests that he and his companions use the Elevator to tow the shuttle in to land. Willy Wonka, in agreement, pilots the Elevator into range, whereupon Charlie's Grandpa Joe connects the two vessels by means of a steel cord. The Knids change into living segments of a towing line, with which they intend to drag the spacecrafts away. The bruised Knid wraps his body around the Elevator, providing an anchor for this operation.

This plan proves again to be a double-edged sword. Willy Wonka activates the Elevator's retro-rockets and plunges to Earth, taking the shuttle and the Knids with it. The Knids burn to ashes as a result of the friction with the atmosphere during re-entry. At the right moment, Wonka releases the shuttle, which floats safely home. The Elevator crashes into the chocolate factory, ending its flight in the Chocolate room.

This story goes on to basically talk about different ideas on Time Travel...
pretty crazy stuff when you actually stop to think about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I did a little checking and there is a hard back and paper back version. The ahrd back one has the wright flyer on the fround. the paperback has a different ISBN # and a different cover. I have no clue if they are the same book but they have the same title.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by exposethosesecretsThe book you showed has the same title, but the cover is way different.

I have canceled my order now. I am not going to play games like this. Either all the copies have the same thing, or this is some kind of hoax. I have better books to buy and read.

Why? Could have the same text, I don't know. I'm just saying, the book I found at the university library was a large, heavy book printed on nice paper and was full of photographs, base details etc.

As a book collector, $95 would be cheap for this book. One could spend days pouring over the info contained.

I've seen these type of book reprinted in paperback, and they just don't do it justice. But page 291 might be there. I would be curious to hear if it is or not.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Even though this was not formal writing or reference material imo. I've heard about the alien at Wright Patterson. It makes sense, project blue book was (and still is) housed there (probably
). And theres a bunch of threads here, mostly really old

[edit on 21-10-2009 by afterschoolfun]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If the copy I have does not have what you found in a PUBLIC library, then I would have to say the copy you have is a hoax. It seems you are now stating that other copies of the same book will not have that information in it.

Now I am wondering if I should cancel my order.

I went to the link you provided from amazon and if you look at the picture, the cover has an entirely different title. The photo title says, " The First 50 Yrs. U.S. Judge Advocate General's Department. It also says it's a paperback.

If you go to this link, you can see the cover photo is exactly the same as the OP posted and Chapter One 'Birthplace of Aviation:' is available to read.
www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by virraszto]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join