It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want To Believe but....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We all want to believe there's flying craft around us.

But were is all of the hard evidence. Nothing but endless paper trails that don't account for anything. Lies & deceit? Hoaxes? Untrustworthy people.

Always have a blurred picture or two of hundreds, never a clear one.

I have never seen any solid evidence in years of looking for it.
Eyewitness accounts but you can't totally believe in that, or can you?

People have drawings but they could be making things up.

Will we ever have good quality clear evidence of flying craft not from this planet?
No more foggy/blurred photos or shaking video cams or CGI hoaxes.

Let's get some real stuff!!!

Isn't about time?

I haven't in my lifetime had the opportunity to witness something special as an unknown object in the sky. Have seen comets, planets, and meteor showers but nothing crazy.

Let me know what you think.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
For me i learned all there was in this field within a short while after coming here, i do not bother with the uso alien stuff here on net anymore.

The government is good at clouding truth, so most of todays news about this stuff is just rubbish. Thats why i just to the past for info.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ontariocanada

But were is all of the hard evidence. Nothing but endless paper trails that don't account for anything. Lies & deceit? Hoaxes? Untrustworthy people.

Always have a blurred picture or two of hundreds, never a clear one.

I have never seen any solid evidence in years of looking for it.
Eyewitness accounts but you can't totally believe in that, or can you?

People have drawings but they could be making things up.

Will we ever have good quality clear evidence of flying craft not from this planet?
No more foggy/blurred photos or shaking video cams or CGI hoaxes.

Let's get some real stuff!!!

Isn't about time?

I haven't in my lifetime had the opportunity to witness something special as an unknown object in the sky. Have seen comets, planets, and meteor showers but nothing crazy.

Let me know what you think.

There are maybe hundreds of thousands of people who claim they are abducted, hundreds of thousands of people who saw something in our skys.

Lets just say that only one of them, just one, is not lieing or mentally ill, then voila, there is the proof

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have a saying an its called BADEESH!

Do a little looking yourself dude radar doesnt lie not multiple radar tracking the same object and this has happened 100's of times. These things can do right angle turns at mach 5 - which is ... ... impossible for humans. Work the rest out yourself

Radar cases

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Wayback1984]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

---

I think you need to do a considerable amount of your own research as it seems to me your saying you don't believe and your waiting for evidence to come to you.
Suggest you give ATS a good look-see in the archives under Aliens and UFOs.
It will take awhile to get through but there's plenty of hard work already researched and posted by other Members, in stock ready for the persons wanting real information.

Good Luck,

Decoy

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What about those 52 school children who all witnessed a UFO land right in front of them...and Aliens get out who spoke to them telepathically. They were each interviewed by a respected psychiatrist and he concluded they were telling the truth...I really don't know how anyone could deny that as absolute proof. I think the main problem we have...is that people only ever bring up one or two cases when trying to make a point...it's only when we bring all the evidence together...that we end up with a case so solid it could break crystal...

[edit on 21/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ontariocanada

Speak for yourself. I, for example, do not wish to believe anything. I'm interested in this, as with many other subjects, because I want to know about it, and hopefully at some point understand it.

Think about your question for a moment. What exactly would constitute "good quality clear evidence" of UFOs being of non-earthly origin? You talk about photos and videos but I don't see how from photos or videos, regardless of clarity and credibility, we would ever be able to assert the origin of these things.

We could even get great footage of an unknown object performing mind-blowing maneuvers outperforming any known aircraft, but still how would that help us determine the origin? Because regardless of our own personal beliefs, we just don't know what the military, of different countries, have or are capable of doing.

Applying this to earthly concepts, try this mental exercise: going back to a time where flight had just been recently mastered, how would a person who had never seen or heard of an airplane, know who made it just by seeing it flyby over their heads?

Photographic and videographic evidence can only show us that something anomalous happened. That's it. Because when it comes to helping us determine the origin of this phenomena, it's a completely inadequate.

If there will ever be proof of the origin of these things, it won't be trough any photo or video.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
your all right.
with enough digging, the truth will come out.

documents and people that can't be disproved.

I'll have to do a lot more looking.

I guess I am waiting for it to hit me right in the face, maybe others are too.

Like you said, I need to do more research.

Peace,
N8

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. Just don't let your "wanting to believe" fool you into believing something that may not be true.

Enjoy the life you KNOW and "IF" it happens....roll with it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

thanks nerbot,
thanks again for the bottle of wine too!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

"But were is all of the hard evidence. Nothing but endless paper trails that don't account for anything. Lies & deceit? Hoaxes? Untrustworthy people."

Hard evidence: How about the researcher in California that came into possession of a piece of the Roswell crash material which has been analyzed multiple times, even with electron microscopy. The results being that the material possesses extremely unusual properties which preclude it from being from earth AND also state that it is obviously "manufactured"?

Untrustworthy people: How about multiple U.S. astronauts and also Russian Cosmonauts who have made clear and unmistakable statements about seeing alien spacecraft?

People have been sentenced to death on a mere fraction of the amount and quality of evidence available on the subject of alien visitation to Earth.

Some people just refuse to believe and probably will not believe even when "official" disclosure by some government occurs. Instead it will be framed by the disbelievers as a scam created by TPTB to control the "Sheeple" Makes me wonder why I even bother abusing my fingers on the keyboard writing replies like this.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I already --know--, as opposed to believe; That UFOs are real, because myself and others witnessed genuinely anomalous (as opposed to twinkling stars and stuff) UFOs back in the late '70's, during the Great Lakes massive flapwave.
HOWEVER: Only these past 2 years, have I been questioning as to WHAT these things really are. It annoys me to no end, that everyone 'comes from' the 'Extraterrestrial Hypothesis' 'Conventional Wisdom'. Without thinking about and questioning that. Here is an --excellent-- sample of what I mean. Not too long ago, while listening to a UFO-themed show on Coast-To-Coast AM, a woman called in to excitedly describe the (quote> "alien spaceship" she witnessed over her backyard. She proceeded to describe an apparently oddly moving high little light in the sky.
Just think about this. the next time you watch one of those GhostHunter shows, notice how the truly anomalous looking and moving bright orbs that are not mundane particles, look --just like-- little UFOs indoors. These GhostHunter shows influenced me toward alternative thinking about my own long-held conventional wisdom about UFOs

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayback1984
I have a saying an its called BADEESH!

Do a little looking yourself dude radar doesnt lie not multiple radar tracking the same object and this has happened 100's of times. These things can do right angle turns at mach 5 - which is ... ... impossible for humans. Work the rest out yourself

Isn't the standard explanation for them that they are rock formations?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that Aliens are visiting our planet.A couple years ago, I noticed blinking light in the sky. That was not plane, that was not a star. There are a lot of people who claim abductions.There has been a lot of news about UFO. There are a lot UFO sightings have been documented in the last 60 years and recorded. A lot of sightings don't even get reported. Even if you think all these people are crazy,does'nt that make you a person who is narrow minded?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My philosophy, as I say every time, is "Not EVERY SINGLE PERSON is lying or crazy". And I highly doubt that all of the Ex-Government employees and whistleblowers are full of crap. Battle of LA in the early 40's was NOT a mass hallucination (
), and neither was the Phoenix Lights '97.

Plus the images of these "Ancient Astronauts" from the BCE times, THE BIBLE, gods and deities - all of that stuff... It's right there in front of our eyes. Some of us just aren't choosing to see it.

I really think the bible and mythologies are the biggest proofs. What resides in "The Heavens"? God and gods! What does "The Heavens" translate to? I'm not even gonna say it.

Oh fine... THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!

Arggggh, I get charged over this. The truth is in such plain sight it's aggravating that people can't (nah, WON'T) see it. They'd rather believe in Divine Beings and Wizards that come from the heavens...

Jeez...

Off Rant!!! Until next time!

[edit on 10/21/2009 by impaired]

new topics

top topics

join