It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Has Died

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by Roadblockx

The word "families" is plural for the word "family". That means two or more. If even just two "families" forgive this man, then Laurauk's statement is true.

"Families" does not imply all, nor does it imply a percentage. It implies two or more. If you want evidence, ask for evidence that at least two families forgive him rather than throwing in the word "all" when the word "all" was never once uttered in Laurauk's post.

I am not interested in a pissing contest. But when you put words in others' mouths and finish up your post with a sarcastic final sentence, be ready for a "pissy" response.

Two quick lessons you have to learn. One, don't assume or infer from statements made until you ask for clarification. I wasn't being sarcastic as many on ATS here are, I was simply stating that I viewed this as a chance to teach/educate me on something I may not have known about. Your failure to see that caused you to assume and now you look like an even bigger ass. Had you simply ASKED before you ASSUMED, you would have saved yourself a lesson. Second, when you are going to make a statement in response to someone else's claim, make sure that your example is useful. In this case, saying that "families" had forgiven this guy so why is the other guy holding a grudge implies that he knows that most of them have forgiven; otherwise why mention it. Would you say that the people in this thread agree with you? No, because you don't have the numbers to back that response up. Instead, you would be left looking foolish for saying that. Now, had you said, some of the people here agree with you, then you would have used it correctly. Basic debating 101 friend.

As far as a pissing contest, I think you get the hint. Ask before assuming, don't use an example unless it helps your case. Use these and you will be much more worthy of debating. For now, you offer nothing to the thread and only detract from the debate.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
I wasn't being sarcastic as many on ATS here are, I was simply stating that I viewed this as a chance to teach/educate me on something I may not have known about.

Your demeanor thus far in this thread towards anyone you disagree with proves otherwise.

In this case, saying that "families" had forgiven this guy so why is the other guy holding a grudge implies that he knows that most of them have forgiven

Wrong. As I said, "families" means two or more families. It could be two families or it could be two hundred. It does not mean all, it does not mean most, it does not mean half. It means two or more. Look up the definition.

Use these and you will be much more worthy of debating.

Speaking of debating tips, do not put words in others' mouths. When you do that, you assume that is what they meant, therefore making you a hypocrite for calling me out about assumptions.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Laurauk

Fact, he was found guilty. In a court of law. Pretty much sums up the fact that he's freaking guilty.

Yeah, becuase no one has ever been convicted even though they were innoccent.

Hardly the definitive 'fact' you are making it out to be....

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Prove it otherwise.

It's a fact as long as it can not be proven otherwise. Sorry, but he was convicted. This is indeed a fact.

Scottish authorities released Megrahi, a Libyan agent convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie airliner bombing in which 270 people were killed, on compassionate grounds in August.

The decision to free Megrahi, who is terminally ill with prostate cancer, and to let him return home to Libya angered the U.S. government and relatives of the 189 Americans killed when Pan Am flight 103 exploded.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 10/21/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
Justice without mercy is no justice at all.

In this case it should read "Justice without execution is no justice at all".

He deserved to die a long time ago, preferably at birth.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well apparently the man is not as dead as some people think.

Lockerbie bomber still alive, Libyan official says

www.reuters.com...

LONDON (Reuters) - Lockerbie bomber Abdel Basset al-Megrahi is still alive, a Libyan official and Megrahi's Scottish lawyer said on Wednesday, dismissing a report that he had died.

"Megrahi's condition is stable. He's alive," the Libyan official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters.

"It's absolutely untrue," lawyer Tony Kelly told Reuters when asked if he could confirm a Sky News report that his client had died. "He's definitely not dead."

[edit on 21/10/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Did I say ALL FAMILIES?

No I did not, do not try and twist my postings, which I have not posted in this thread, that initself is misleading.

Seems some posters think it was only americans whom died in the Lockerbie Bombing, sorry to burst your bubble, scottish people died also.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Eveyone knows including the families invovled, that evidence was withheld from the Trial of the Lockerbie Bombing. There have been numerous calls for the case to be reopened and examined. Both the US and the UK Governments have refused to do so. If they have nothing to hide, then why not reopen the Case.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think they should have let him go, let his family and friends know he was comiing home and then we should have shot the plane down with a missle right before it landed in Libya. That would have been justice!

[edit on 21-10-2009 by MJsGhost]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It has never been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he did the bombing.

The UK wanted a bomber to convict, Libyia gave them one ........ anyone.

I suggest that anyone who is interested in this case have a good look at the evidence.

As for being a 'monster' ...... One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. Look at how the US had supported the IRA over the years against its 'friend' the UK.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I too, can't say I miss the guy, but celebrating his death, makes us akin to him in a way (if he's even guilty).

I wish this could bring back all the people who died in 1988.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
how covenant for him to die..i bet its all a cover story to get Britain and America back together again....

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Actually there has been no reports on the Major British News channels, apart from speculative news from Sky News, I will take thier report with a pinch of salt.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

You're not busting any bubble of mine. It sucks that ANYONE died regardless of what country they are from.
Glad to see you post that....

Look, if you are hung up on the word all, fine, I take it back. You didn't say "all". Now can I take it out of your mouth since you said I put it in?
Ok, so why did you mention that families of the bombing had forgiven him if only a few actually did? Did you think that added to your point? It actually backfired. Because only a few families have forgiven this guy, it looks like those that believe this monster is getting too kind of treatment are justified in feeling that way. Now, had a majority of those families forgiven him, then I would agree with your point but as it stands, you blew it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I believed he was innocent from the start,so i personally hope he lives as long as possible among his friends and family. Sad that true justice will more than likely never be served regarding the lockerbie bombing.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Remain on topic and stop the personal attacks and insults.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join