It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Has Died

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Convicted Lockerbie Bomber Has Died

www.postchronicle.com

Lockerbie bomber Abdel Basset al-Megrahi has died, Britain's Sky News said on Wednesday, quoting "reports."

The British Foreign Office could not confirm the report and the Scottish government said it was checking the report.

Scottish authorities released Megrahi, a Libyan agent convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie airliner bombing in which 270 people were killed, on compassionate grounds in August.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy although I still think he went out a lot easier then those that he murdered.

Will this begin to ease the strain between Lybia and the US/Britian? Not sure but letting him out was a huge mistake and I hope those that celebrated what he did meet the same end.

www.postchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Letting him out for being fatally ill, may be o.k.

They should not have flown the criminal to Libya at the cost of the UK
tax-payer, especially not to give Ghaddafi the chance to give him a great
reception, which he did, thus frustrating the families of the victims.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Justice without mercy is no justice at all.

I can't say I'm sorry he's dead. But the decision of the Scottish Justice Secretary to release him was both compassionate and right.

He was flown home by a Libyan airliner, wasn't he ?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Let him cook for eternity.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

To a certain degree I will agree but I am a huge supporter of severe capital punishment especially when children are involved. For this guy to be given an ounce of mercy after what he did to the children, mothers/fathers and families, would be too much.

Hell will be too nice of a place for this piece of human filth.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Good thing he died, said those who really did the bombing. Scapegoat cant talk anymore and everyone is happy.

[Edit] Typo

[edit on 21/10/2009 by PsykoOps]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.

That is partly my concern. It almost seems like the UK was put into a position of "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" kinda thing. I wonder what UK will get out of this.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
He's going to be pissed when he finds out that whole 14 vigins waiting for you in heaven BS was a lie!

Good riddance
-E-

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy although I still think he went out a lot easier then those that he murdered.

I'll be thinking the same when Captain William Rogers who blew IR655 out of the sky finally kicks the bucket. I should point out that at least two military personnel involved in this murder of 290 people actually received medals for their work during this time.

Anyone interested in the Lockerbie story would do far worse than to read Paul Foot's work on this sham.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I see you around several different yet common threads and usually agree with you. In this situation, you have me a little confused. I admit that I don't have a vast amount of knowledge as most on ATS but I wasn't aware of a conspiracy with the bombing. Could/would you be willing to expand?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Wow! MysterE stopped by... Kick-@ss.

Are you aware of a Lockerbie conspiracy?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

See, this is one of the bright spots on ATS and isn't recognized enough. People are always willing to offer up how something can relate that we may not have known of otherwise.
Nice work!

One story about the Lockerbie bomber is posted and you someone posts a story about Captain William Rogers who I had never, ever heard of which leads into a learning experience. I can't thank you enough for bringing something like that up. I honestly wouldn't have ever known of or bothered to read that story. Can you offer up your experience with it while I begin the research?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
reply to post by Merriman Weir

See, this is one of the bright spots on ATS and isn't recognized enough. People are always willing to offer up how something can relate that we may not have known of otherwise.
Nice work!

One story about the Lockerbie bomber is posted and you someone posts a story about Captain William Rogers who I had never, ever heard of which leads into a learning experience. I can't thank you enough for bringing something like that up. I honestly wouldn't have ever known of or bothered to read that story. Can you offer up your experience with it while I begin the research?

Unfortunately, this is the way media and Western culture works. We all know about the tragedy that is Lockerbie - and it is a tragedy no matter who was ultimately responsible - but a similar, and actually bigger, loss of life only a couple of years before is rarely mentioned. The reason being, of course, is that rather it being American lives that were lost, it was Americans that were actually responsible. Not only responsible but also receiving commendations for service which covered the time of the murder.

I vaguely remembered this happening at the time in the late 1980s but it wasn't until I started reading more about the Lockerbie case that I was reminded of the IR655. One of the early theories was that Lockerbie happened as retaliation for the IR655.

Again, Paul Foot's work on this covers everything as far as I'm concerned. I used to have the PDF but it was on an hard disk that died. Most of what is said in the mainstream news about Lockerbie is bollocks and a whitewash.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Afraid to say he's very much alive and kicking right now. The reports are false.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Well, i'm just waiting for the oil deal, that Britian claims wasn't the reason for the release, to take place so I can cry foul.

-E-

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is both sad and funny. But probably not for the reason you think.

It's sad and funny how hypocritical people are...

If a criminal politician, media figure, or celebrity dies and someone says "good riddance" to them, the counter argument is always that it is wrong to wish death or express happiness over the death of another human.

But if a "terrorist" or someone who political correctness does not allow the expression of sympathy towards dies, that whole belief that "it is wrong to wish death or express happiness over the death of another human" goes out the window.

In both instances, if you go against the grain, you are assumed a bad human being simply because your opinion does not follow what is popularly accepted.

So for someone like me who does not feel sympathy for criminal politicians, media figures, and celebrities and is called out for not having a little human compassion, what happens if I now show compassion for this particular criminal? I know what will happen: I'll be called out.

You have to love the hypocrisy of people. In the end, they all believe what they believe is right, and anyone who does not agree with them is a terrible person.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Can't see this man's death confirmed in the British media ... can anyone assist ?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Google Video Link

"I'm not dead"

Hope he manages to tell his story and release any evidence that he has before he dies

[edit on 21-10-2009 by badBERTHA]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
May he burn in hell. (if there is a hell)

If not, may he be forced to relive every death he caused over and over and over.

I spit on his graves general direction.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join