It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs's Griffiths Says 'Inequality Helps All'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Well if I had "extra" money to spend I would love to use "magic" and become rich, but right now the IRS is gouging my husband for no paying enough taxes "that is what they said" so they forcing my husband ot file single and 0 and I don't even work, we has lost our spending income.

I imagine the "magic" will reach all those right now on the unemployment lines that are lucky of having benefits, even when they had better things to do with the benefits until it last, but for those that do no qualify for benefits and needs to feed a family I guess the magic is a nightmare right now.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Kaytagg

but right now the IRS is gouging my husband for no paying enough taxes "that is what they said" so they forcing my husband ot file single and 0 and I don't even work, we has lost our spending income.

[ they are telling your husband that he can no longer claim "exempt" or declare 19 dependents on his weekly pay... so as to have a higher take-home paycheck... which only works for a couple years, until the IRS tells the employer that a employee is trying to 'game' the system, ]

I imagine the "magic" will reach all those right now on the unemployment lines that are lucky of having benefits, even when they had better things to do with the benefits until it last, but for those that do no qualify for benefits and needs to feed a family I guess the magic is a nightmare right now.

...before the recession ends, most everybody will have exhausted all their unemployment benefits and the series of benefit extensions the administration(s)/Congress had approved...

in the mean time, a sizeable number of unemployed are being bounced off the benefit rolls because of employers claiming the employee either quit or is not really eligible for benefits...
Whats the reason ->
well, the employer stands to recoup the unemployment-insurance premiums they paid into that workers covered wages.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wonder how many in this thread would be rallying against the rich if they themselves had money? I wonder how many of you are just jelous. I am not rich and i still hate these people but i like to think i hate them for the right reasons, not simple jelousy. I just have this nagging feeling that many in this thread, if they became rich would forget all of the arguments they have made and move in to their newest mansion. Most peoples convictions seem to disappear with money.

I think society as a whole is just to fixated on flash cars, big homes and other stuff that they don't really need or use. I have always said i'd hate to be rich, and i would but maybe i'd love it if i could spend the money on helping others.

I wonder though how long it will take before violence starts breaking out and these bankers end up dead. I'm not condoning violence here, this was just me thinking out loud!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
it would be funny if it isn't sad

it reminds me of these similar sayings:

war is peace
slavery is freedom
ignorance is strength

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
next thing these fags will be saying is " God only helps those who help themselves" but what he really means is that inequality helps all ( those who lust after money and power and helps all others into slavery and debt).

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm so outraged at that statement that I honestly can't find the words

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Whoever posted the Obama is going to go after these guys with a 90% tax, give me a fracking break.

That is what they said about AIG, and lo and behold, it is still going on.

Enough is Enough. Theft is Theft. Slavery is Slavery.

REVOLUTION IS REVOLUTION!

edit to add (a 90% tax on taxable wage income is a tax on wages, if a bonus is given they apply it in a way to avoid wage income! very sneaky huh?)

[edit on 10/22/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just stupid... but I would love to see how they made so much profit in 2009 more even than 2008. I thought you guys were in a recession/depression?
Any doubts about the bailout money going to help the American economy? Its like your neighbour robs you blind, then pulls the next day in a brand new car dripping with bling and asks you "what do you think of the new car neighbour"!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
They're just testing how far they can really go at this point. I suppose they succeeded if all we're doing is complaining about it on the internet. I'd say rise against but the MP would be at my door calling me a terrorist and you'd never hear from me again.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

you know ...... LOL .... every-time I read another article about how these guys are getting paid obscene bonuses from TAX payers bailouts I just can't get this image of a big bully kicking the living daylights out of someone in the school yard and telling the kid just relax...... its going to be ok.

I mean its so in your face its SICK, like a train wreck you don't wanna look but its going to be spectacular.

Its just crazy...............

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have an idea ... take away all his money and give him a job as a janitor.

Just think how "We" will all benefit as he climbs his way to the top again!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Whoever posted the Obama is going to go after these guys with a 90% tax, give me a fracking break.

That is what they said about AIG, and lo and behold, it is still going on.

The biggest joke about that is that up to this point, this admin has been standing right at the front of the line, bending over backward to give these thugs and criminals everything they want! They have made it more than clear that THEY WORK FOR these crooks! So if anybody believes that Obama is going to all of the sudden flip a 180 and "pursue" his CONTROLLERS, then guess what---The latest, slick-talking politician (in a never-ending line of them) has just duped you into more complacency and temporary apathy while his handlers are yee-hawin' off into the sunset with their latest heist from us all. Our system has been infiltrated and corrupted to its very core. We are going to have to take it back if we want this to stop. HOW is going to be the real challenge that awaits us all. But we are being given NO CHOICE---They just keep pushing and pushing, and taking and taking...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Every possible system you can imagine will involve inequality, even the failed communist regimes had unequal status and people.

The best you can hope for is that living standards improve for everyone regardless of what the top earners get

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree with you to a point. I think some people are changing but you're right most love money as much as the rich guy. That being said I do agree there will be a backlash from this economic rape. I don't know if it will get violent it's an economic free-for-all they're looting the economy and people are getting pretty disgusted so who knows.

More importantly I really don't see any major changes in the attitude of our government or financial leaders it's business as usual for them. They're happy with the way things are going. At best some might feel a little embarrassed by how blatant Wall Street has been and would prefer they tone down their gluttony a bit. Our government doesn't give a crap how we feel they've seen people in other nations deal with poverty why should we be any different? What choices does an impoverished person have but to jump through their hoops? This is what is meant by having to "tolerate the inequality" we've got to put up with what they do no matter how unfair, because they've decided they know best. Our government obviously agrees and accommodates.

The bankers now have our government jumping through their hoops too but at least our leaders got something for their corruption namely their office. The bankers got a powerful government in their pocket and filthy rich. All the people got for their fixation on flash is debt. We played right into their hand. I don't like placing too much blame on the common man. We've got to remember TPTB are highly educated and have come up through the ranks they know how to play the game. The average Joe goes to work pays the bills raises the kids and does not have the time, connections or inside knowledge privy to the few who run things. The government is the people’s only protection from the elite and now more than ever it works for them. So look out it's really going to suck to be the common masses.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I wonder how many in this thread would be rallying against the rich if they themselves had money? I wonder how many of you are just jelous.

There is some of that... On the other hand, one has to question the usefulness of a person or an organization that created the financial havoc which came down so hard on so many, and yet they are able to rip metric tons of money off it!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If Obama and Congress have any moral authority left, they should go ahead and allow Goldman Sachs to pay their scumbag upper mgt operatives $23 Billion in compensation in USD $ --then tax them with ZERO loopholes at the rate of 93% with a simple US Federal WITHOLDING Tax.

Each one of these overpaid pigs (whoops, I'm insulting the pigs, sorry !) at Goldman's upper management (many are dual nationals with Eretz Yisro'el) will still make a tonne of ca$h off the backs of the rest of us even at THAT witholding rate, believe it or not---

Sorry, but Goldman pays less than 2% in taxes to the US Govt. and should be made to carry their own pig-weight from now on...in fact the US govt should BACK BILL them for highly questionable offshore corporate tax loopholes (1999-2009) over the past 10 years.

Or maybe we should just publish the names and addresses and the EXACT amounts these corporate sluts are stealing from the stockholders and the US govt. in un-paid taxed--and let the people take care of the problem.

Hint: most of them would have to leave the country

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The banker means inequality of theft not inequality of ability or luck. They will learn what the Babylonians learned the hard way; theft does not produce wealth. You can not pillage the same village twice. Eventually, there is nothing to pillage.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by eradown]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join