It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductees and Spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's interesting that most alien abductees describe the experience as having radically changed or intensified their spiritual lives.

I have noticed from the accounts I have read, that most abductees see themselves as subscribing to "new age" beliefs (reincarnation, lost civilizations, alien guidance of human history, fundamental unity of all relgious quests, etc.

Questions: Do Christians believe themselves immune to alien abduction? Are their many reports of abduction coming from traditional Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc?

The only viewpoints I could find were from Christian groups:

www.orthodoxinfo.com...
www.logoschristian.org...
www.ufomind.com...

In other words, are individuals who are likely to be abducted open to, or searching for, new religious truth?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, my understanding would lead me to believe that most abductees feel it is totally out of thier control, so spirituality would be a way to help them feel like they have some control in some aspect of thier lives. But I also know a person who says that they are in contact with aliens, and that they are spiritual beings...so its kind of up to the individual. I havnt been abducted so I cant really comment...but for a possible spiritual link to the abduction case check this out:

www.cazekiel.org...

I knew this guy, spoke to him a lot in chat a few years back. He tours around now talking about it. He was on Art Bell a few times too.

he is the only person I know that ever seemed to have any sort of spiritual connection and UFO conection that made the spotlight.

Heres an article:

www.ufoevidence.org...

He has some great pics on his site, both UFO and related to the Virgin Mary.

Interesting guy, interesting story too.
I had a very odd encounter with him once thru chat where he explained a golden band around my head, and I'll be if I didnt feel it and still do at times when I feel rather "psychic". LOL

Anyways, I'm not saying one way or another what I think, just pointing you out to his site, you can read up and see what he thinks.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Funny thing, I see his site is down and he was switching to another place, then that place is down....could be a gov conspiracy!!

He often said he was constantly buzzed by jet fighters, had pics to back up his claims too.
Eyewitnesses, the whole 9 yards....Freaky!!

Well, check out the article anyways, maybe the site he was linked up to will come back....unless the gov got him.
JJ!!!
MAN!!
ARE YOU OK OUT THERE???

lol thats sort of a half joke
......umm...really...wow...
wonder what happened?

Anyways, keep checking back on taht link and perhaps the site will come back up.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

well yes, you need to be on a certain "frequency" in order to experience extraterrestrial intelligence. You will find that these people were not only spiritual after the encounter, but also before.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I tend to agree with you on that Sky, but from my own personal experiences (Iwas very young when I was asked if I would help..maybe about 6 or 7 yrs old) there may be more to it.

My fathers side seems in no way to be spiritual at all. Whereas my Mothers side has some of the 'old wives tales' still floating around a little.

My mums mum is the last of 14 children and she was the 7th daughter to be born (heard of the saying 7th son of a 7th son?...supposed to be infused with some form of psychic abilities.)

As for myself, i've no idea how or where my 'talents' came from, or why something would ask for my help. I just know I've had a strong affiliation with things that are not in every day society and has left me with various struggles, yet an amazing look into life and its experiences, so where I've gained in my spiritual side, i've lost on the financial side.

I know what I prefer

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I know!
There is a creator God. Long ago, far away, there was the first act of creation by our creator God.

Mankind foolishly thinks they are the only thing God created? It seems they do think this...

Should it be so strange that all things known are part of the same spiritual circuitboard? I don't think so.

What does it all mean? I could tell you, but you couldn't believe me. So you must all find out that answer for yourself.

That's what the point of the abductees and thier new found spirituality is all about.

top topics

join