It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT: Special Swine Flu Update, something you need to know

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hi marg.
Good thread. Myself, my youngest daughter and youngest son all had something back in March too. My oldest son was stationed at Ft. Riley in Kansas and we'd made a few trips there during March. Now that I look back on it, I think we may have had swine flu. My husband and 13 year old daughter didn't get it. At least, my husband didn't get it with the same severity as we did. I felt like death for three days and so did my kids. Fever, vomiting and other undesirable symptoms dominated us for those three days. I didn't feel myself for a good week after. Kids bounced back faster.

None of us have ever had a flu shot with the exception of one I took while I was pregnant with my 8 year old son at my doctor's insistence. Didn't know then what I know now. We won't be taking the swine flu vaccination either. My children's school had a clinic last Saturday, so I was fortunate in that I didn't have to worry about them being "accidentally" vaccinated.

My main concern now is my niece and nephew. My nephew had the vaccination because of his asthma and underlying heart issues. My niece is getting one because she's had chronic bronchitis and pneumonia. I'm very worried about both of them having them. They have no natural defenses as their mother has had them on some sort of medication, mostly antibiotics, literally, since the day they were born. My nephew is 14 and has been sick a good portion of his life. He's an athlete, so I think that's helped him somewhat. My niece is 6 and I honestly can't remember a time when she hasn't been sick. The fact that my sister-in-law is a true hypochondriac doesn't help either. Nor the fact that she has a doctor that accomodates her every whim. I hope these shots don't compromise them in any way. I guess time will tell.

And dizzie, I'll be thinking of you and your family. Best wishes.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just to add a little note:

I had to go to the emergency room last night and I got to have a nice chat with an ER doctor, I think I may have even made a friend.

I felt him about by pretending to want H1N1 vaccine (cough cough) since I have asthma.

To make a long story short we ended up BSing for awhile and he pretty much was a CTer and believes that the H1N1 is at the very least a money making scam (but potential could be far sinister) and is very dangerous.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

Thank for sharing your concerns about your family, I hope the vaccine will help them get over anything and without any side effects.

It has to be hard to be a mother of young children and having to make decisions because the children underlying health problems.

Hopefully everything will go well for them.

Still you are right, the March thing did get us on some fever, I got some stomach problems but no bad and so did my husband, the fever was mild and only for two days and my husband was working with not problems.

You know we all thought it was the seasonal flu but the difference was that my chest was burning and then it was like having water in my lungs.

My husband was the same and he got a nasty cough that took a several weeks to go away.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wylee

I been trying to find information on other countries that has been vaccinated and any side effects as we know here in the US things will be kept hidden until is not other choice because the INTERNET will be inundated with complains.

Thanks for the link those are very interesting developments.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

One of the problems that is found with the vaccine is that nobody knows how effective will be from keeping people from getting the swine flu.

Because the lack of proper testing and because the big pharma hurry into putting the vaccine in the market.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

That's very interesting. It also makes me worry about my niece and nephew even more. Especially since you claimed to have asthma and he didn't give you one. That's essentially why my nephew supposedly had to have one in addition to his heart condition. Scary stuff indeed.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
My kids and I got the live attenuated H1N1 nasal spray (Flu Mist). We all had a runny nose and I had a sinus headache but that’s it. I guarantee that it is better than getting the swine flu!

Oh and it is more like someone squirting a stream of water up your nose vs. a mist. The sheet I got says The 2009 H1N1 LAIV does not contain thimerosal or other preservatives.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

This is where it gets confusing. We hear that German soldiers are getting the safer version of the vaccine.

LAIV life flu mist must not be given to people with underlying health conditions.

Some vaccines have the additive, some include mercury.

The flu mist causes the person to be contagious for 21 days.

We already have the swine flu and our trusted doctor says we still need the H1N1 vaccine to protect us from the SAME flu when it returns in the Spring.

So from what I gather the additive is dangerous, which will be included in all shot forms, except some soldiars. The live Nasal mist is dangerous to people with underlying conditions.

This stuff gets deeper by the day. I'm guessing it's safer to get through the flu and skip the vaccine. We have Tamiflu so I'll leave it at that.

I agree with the person who said the majority of the population has already had it or has it now.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

We didn't have a cough, thank God. I don't think I could've stood anything else. The headache alone was bad enough. I just assumed because we were in a town that was populated with college kids and military alike, that's where it came from. Who knows though. I'm not even sure it was the flu, but it sure felt like it.

I'd still rather take my chances with the flu than the vaccination though.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom

That's very interesting. It also makes me worry about my niece and nephew even more. Especially since you claimed to have asthma and he didn't give you one. That's essentially why my nephew supposedly had to have one in addition to his heart condition. Scary stuff indeed.

I was pretty much born with asthma and I'm about to leave my twenty's so I have been dealing with my illness for awhile.

The reason I went into the ER was a severe attack so I figured he would be all for injecting me with that crap.

His views were very interesting to say the least.

That was his main concern that it is untested/rushed though production and there is no recourse to sue if you are injured.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Please take good care of yourself and your lungs until all the seasonal flu and swine flu is over, I got the hopes that this will be over just like the seasonal flu is every year and the past history of the swine flu.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

My nephew has had asthma all his life too but they keep it under control pretty well. He has to take an occasional hit from his inhaler but I think playing basketball, football and running track has helped him greatly. I guess it just depends on the doctor as to whether or not they encourage you to have the vaccine.

Like I said earlier, my sister-in-law goes to the same doctor she's been seeing since she was a kid and gets pretty much anything she wants. Even for my niece and nephew. I guess some doctors would rather give in to pressure than try to educate someone on the possible dangers of this vaccine.

Oh yeah, ditto what marg said. Take extra care of yourself.

[edit on 10/21/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The vaccines in Sweden were made by Glaxo smith Kline.

Article quote.

"The Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions are hoping that Sweden will be able to renegotiate the deal with the company that manufactures the Swine Flu vaccine, Glaxo Smith Kline, if it should turn out that Sweden has ordered too many doses."

Buyer Beware

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I would have to give the Pres a shot myself and also be there and analyze the vaccine contents myself before I would believe he got the shot. Some people will believe anything...lol

ALSO-I have now heard that people that have taken the H1N1 vaccine are now getting sick 4 weeks after the shot...... we will see.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
APPLAUSE!

Originally posted by marg6043

Please take good care of yourself and your lungs until all the seasonal flu and swine flu is over, I got the hopes that this will be over just like the seasonal flu is every year and the past history of the swine flu.

Thanks Marg, I appreciate it

The Er doctor prescribed me a bunch of emergency drugs so I can pretty much do everything a ER can do minus the oxygen. (I started a thread recently worrying about how asthma suffers will fare if the SHTF so I figured while I was there I would at least ask for medications, doesn't hurt to at least ask.)

He even recommended vitamins and what not that will help keep me clear.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't like the argument:

"more people died from the vaccine than by the flu itself."

you never know how many lives the vaccine could have saved.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Some interesting information here.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
H1 virus was around in 1918 - 1957 if you had gotten the flu back then you won't need the shot in all probablility. Daughter just attended pharmacy meeting here in Michigan. ( She also attended symposium in Toronto which indicated not good to get both regular flu shot and swine flu shot .) The best shot to get is the pneumonia vaccine as most people die from it not the flu. Good for five years and life time after 65, my opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am nervous about the flu vaccine for many reasons. I typically am against the regular seasonal flu vaccines. I have caved in and given the vaccines to a couple of my kids in prior years because they are at high risk.

However, I dont want to underestimate the H1N1. I know that you are saying not many people are reported to have it or die from it. I want to point out that only 122 cities in our entire country report on deaths due to the flu or pneumonia. Only 150 labs in our country (a lot of those are hospital labs) report on Influenze A possitive specimens. Only a little more than half of those will check for H1N1. Those are the numbers that you hear being reported. Now, there are 3,000 outpatient services who volunteer their numbers on Influenza like illnesses. Those numbers are shown in percentages so there is no way of actually knowing the numbers. Also, influenza like illness is defined by the cdc as " ILI is defined as fever (temperature of 100°F [37.8°C] or greater) and a cough and/or a sore throat in the absence of a KNOWN cause other than influenza. " As of now, all specimens that show possitive for the flu ARE H1N1 or unable to be subtyped. There are no signs of any other subtype out there causing problems right now.

For those of you who plan to get the mist vaccine for influenza of anytype or have already, you are NOT going to be able to take tamiflu for weeks. This could be seriously problematic for those who are taking the vaccine due to weak immune systems, or underlying health concerns. This flu bug spreads fast and if you get it before the vaccine kicks in, your out of luck. The warning label is on the tamiflu. Unfortunatly it is not being mentioned to folks before they are immunized. It takes a couple of weeks for immunizations to kick in.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 2cents worth

Just to let everyone know the pneumonia vaccine only prevents pneumonia if you are infected with the Pneumococcus bacteria, and not all strains of that bacteria. You can still get pneumonia from all the other organisms as staph, strep, pseudomonas etc., etc., including viruses.
link

edit to add link

[edit on 21-10-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There is one thing that is not making sense to me:

First.. they are saying that more children have died, but they are not releasing the information in regards to their local as they did last spring whenever someone died. This makes me question the validity of the story.

Please do not think that I would purport to call parents liars, and say that their children did not die, I am simply questioning why we are not told where these deaths have taken place. I'm only looking for truth.

Second..

There was an interesting thing that the msm pulled today on a local channel out of Los Angeles, during a brief news break in the afternoon, they showed a little girl on a respirator and talked about swine flu.

This was enough to frighten a friend of mine into taking her child to the nearest clinic and get her a vaccine pronto.

I am seeing so much fear being drummed up, but I am not seeing solid information.

They want people to make informed decisions but that's pretty much impossible without the entire truth.

So until I see people literally dropping around me, I will not get my child a swine flu vax. Is that irresponsible? Maybe to some people. But this whole ordeal since it began last spring has me really thinking there's something more than meets the eye.

And let's stop and ask the big question here.... WHY CHILDREN? Why are children mostly adversely affected?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join