It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist ads to adorn New York subway stations

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
As long as nobody comes up with a "Merry Christmas" campaign, what's the bother?

Isn't no religion a religion too?

it is, these people are just advertising a faith

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I understand that atheists have more faith in their own intellect and strongly discourage any belief in "mythology".

Then you are misunderstood my friend, faith is defined by believing something without evidence which the majority of atheists demand but the delusionist don't.

My question is, why is it okay for atheists to destroy faith while faith can not do the same?

This sort of question is normally asked by an xtian type, atheists are not necessarily out to destroy faith they just don't want this delusion imposed on them, and would prefer not to have it influencing children.

Faith cannot do the same simply because believing something without requiring evidence normally has no impact on a mind requiring evidence.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by TreadUpon
As long as nobody comes up with a "Merry Christmas" campaign, what's the bother?

Isn't no religion a religion too?

it is, these people are just advertising a faith

here we go yet another dumb assed claim that athism is a religion, probably started by some pseudointelectual xtian apologists.

Why is it that you people open your mouths and let some other sheeples words come out ?

I do not accept your imaginary friend in the sky exists.

You cannot provide but neither require, any evidence whatever that this imaginary friend does indeed exist.

My continuing observation that there is no evidence of your imaginary friend is not a religion .

If your claim is true then this would imply that your lack of belief in Santa Claus ( one would hope you don't) is a religion.

Why is it that so many xtians feel it necessary to assume everyone else should think childishly just because they do ?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Mine isn't imaginary... he exists as sure as I do, for he is I.

Autotheism.... It's about time!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Atheists, or what ever, can never "accomplish" anything. God sees, hears, tastes, smells, and what ever other senses I left out. You can't escape him. It dosen't matter, they all will understand and recognize him when the time comes. They are doing what they're soppose to be, defying the Lord so to me they are supporting God because he already said what they would do and they're just proving it right. So great job!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
@ moocowman: Take a look at the details of life. Look at the detailed orchestrated movements of the very things you hold in your skin. How can something so perfect just happen for no reason? Think about how this world works, not the industrialized parts, but nature. Look at the details. The proof is in the pudding. If one system, the heart, doesn't pump blood to your body, how do you live? Get all the way down to the cellular level. How can something so perfect just happen? The fact that we need oxygen and fluids to live. Not just because. You didn't have to teach yourself to breath. It was an automatic occurance at birth. Think about the things you do without being taught. That's your proof. I could go on all day but I'm limited. These things don't just happen for no reason. Something past our understanding put it together so it could work in a perfect harmony. Take a second and think about that. Yes the big bang occured but who/what caused the bang? One bang create all this for no reason? For no point? Come on now, I want you to think really hard about this. God is there. It dosen't matter what anyone says we ALL are worshipping him wrong. We could never understand alone.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Anyone who is offended by it, should go away.

If we all burn in hell, so be it.

But can we not live peacefully upon the earth?

No... On this planet I cannot even respond to a thread on a blog with a simply "yes" or "no" without breaking someone's rules.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHOCK-EM-BABY
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Atheists, or what ever, can never "accomplish" anything. God sees, hears, tastes, smells, and what ever other senses I left out. You can't escape him. It dosen't matter, they all will understand and recognize him when the time comes. They are doing what they're soppose to be, defying the Lord so to me they are supporting God because he already said what they would do and they're just proving it right. So great job!

How do you know this? Are you GOD!?!?!
Probably not. Thanks for the opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

here we go yet another dumb assed claim that athism is a religion, probably started by some pseudointelectual xtian apologists.

Why is it that you people open your mouths and let some other sheeples words come out ?

I do not accept your imaginary friend in the sky exists.

You cannot provide but neither require, any evidence whatever that this imaginary friend does indeed exist.

You cannot provide but neither require, any evidence whatever that this imaginary friend does not indeed exist.

My continuing observation that there is no evidence of your imaginary friend is not a religion .

My continuing observation that there is no evidence your imaginary friend does not exist is not a religion.

What we need to accept is, we cannot prove God does exist just as we cannot prove he does not. Yet you do not accept God, which means you 'know' he does not exist, therefore you are holding faith in this idea.

I however hold faith in the idea he does exist...we are both 'in a sense' religious.

The only non-religiou folks are the Agnostics who when asked 'Is Christianity right?' will simply say '
God knows'

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Looks like the atheists ads got their money's worth.

Here goes line second.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Trouble my friends. I don't like these messages. I fear there is something sinister behind this.

Saying there is no god is like saying you don't exist. You take out the spiritual nature that is who we are, then you might as well bend over and kiss your freedom goodbye. I mean that.

You will be a piece of meat to control according to Big Brother without a creator. Nothing more than an animal, to tag and monitor. It already seems to be happening, how about those RFID tags? Might as well just tatoo USDA Choice on your ass. You will be a nice little simulus/response animal, just like psychiatrists like to label us as. "Take your pill there fellow, we control your emotions now. You're just an animal, you can't think for yourself. You cann't create your own future."

The creator is a part of our existence, period. You rip that out, and I'm dead seious, we are in trouble. You have given up your power as a spiritual being.

I'm standing up for all those that believe in creation, not just one particular religion.

You never ever want to put the idea out there that the creator doesn't exist. You never ever want to put the idea out there that spirits do no exist.

Troy

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Actually, yes I do.

I don't believe any of what you said. I don't believe we are "spiritual beings." Yes, I think we are animals. Simply not liking the fact that we are animals doesn't change the reality that we are.

The Chip is bad for more reasons than any religious thing. I don't need a Creator to be free. I don't need a Creator to deserve a human life. I don't need to believe in a Creator to not consider myself or my fellow human beings as pieces of meat. I think it's kind of sick that some old mythology is how you identify humanity, instead of our own natural abilities and accomplishments.

I feel sorry for anyone who needs to cling to ancient stories to feel like they can have a purpose in the world. It sounds to me like you have that problem.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Our spirituality does not come from and is in no way linked to the god of the Bible ... the Creator I believe in is much bigger than the vengeful, violent, jealous and fear mongering god of the Bible.

That said, I have to agree with others here that if you remove that spiritual symbol (right or wrong) people will be giving up their souls to something they don't know ... and when people don't have spirituality, it is a recipe for disaster, anarchy and ultimately the fall of humanity ... haaaang on just one second ... that sounds just like Christianity and other manmade religions!!

Is that perhaps why humanity has become what it is today?!

For 2000 years and more people have primarily been following the god of the Bible in one religion or another ... and yet, here we are on a planet at war with itself?!

EvilBible.com

If you dare to take a peek at the above site, you might learn and agree that Bible based religions can only result in murder, hate, war, plunder etc. etc. if one considers that the Bible is full of accounts of the most horrendous atrocities committed by the very same god that purportedly loves us.

Go on ... I dare you today to do a little of your own research into your own Bible based religion ... it is time to wake up to a spiritual freedom that is devoid of fear and threat of retribution ... manmade, Bible based religions have only one function ... control.

[edit on 26/10/2009 by Psyagra]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Sorry but this is just nonsense, you seem to suggest that without spirituality people don't value freedom. I'm an atheist and yet i value freedom very deeply. I value free speech as well and these adverts are just that, free speech, i'm fully against ID cards and RFID chipping.

Basically your points are not based in any logic, at all.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It always makes me wonder why there are those out there that deny (fear) the existence of God. It is extremely obvious He exists and Science is beginning to prove the existance of God in my opinion in a more tangible form than the Bible itself.

Look at some of the great findings in the recent decade. The Hubble Deep Field is a good example. Do you honestly believe all those galaxies just came out of nothing? That it was all just random chance? If you believe that it was indeed random seriously stop and think about it. Billions upon billions of galaxies just appearing from a giant explosion. Improbable! In fact impossible.

The Big Bang was God himself. It's the only logical outcome. Another example of recent was the CERN shutdown. You can call it what you want. The future interfering with the past, but I believe it's Him protecting us from ourselves. Think about it. They can't be entirely sure that it's activation wont destroy the universe. Even though the particles are small they're slamming together they are imparting a lot of energy. They really don't know exactly what they're creating there!

The universe is so complex from the largest view of the cosmos down to the the smallest atom. Or even as small as within an atom! It just didn't happen because the universe is random. Something created it. The simple fact that this Earth is the perfect distance from the Sun to sustain life it proof in and of itself. You don't even have to look far to see the Creator, you only have to look at yourself. You are Him and He is you!

This is my first post here and I enjoy reading a lot of the topics people post on here. I didn't join up to go on a religious tangent and try to sway and save anyone. I'm just here to point out simple facts that prove His existence. It's so obvious to me and I hope others can see the same.

Thank GOD for ATS for He has given us a tool more powerful here than mankind has ever known. The internet was a gift from God!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

I agree with you ... however, I think we should be careful of using the word "God" too loosely because it means different things to different people from a wide range of religions and sects. The "God" you speak about I like to refer to as The Creator of all that is and is not the same entity that is spoken about in the Bible.

I don't believe that The Creator has any of the negative and very human-like qualities that are attributed to the god of the Bible ... we have been lied to and all in the name of slavery and control through fear.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It seems some people are bent on turning this thread into an argument between believers and non believers. Sigh...
Getting back to the original post, I don't understand this either. To me, atheism is the absence of a belief. So it seems incongruous that it should be treated like a cause to promote. And as an atheist myself, I don't think atheists need support in knowing they are not isolated.
Is it a shot at believers? I say leave well alone. You can argue that some people are deluded but belief must bring them a lot of comfort. And who can be sure of anything 100% anyway.
Is there not anything more worthwhile to spend dollars on?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I guess I am guilty as charged ... but not intentionally so.

See, I think the two go hand in hand ... why else would some object to the atheist signs going up? I would venture that it is (mostly) people who have a deep rooted faith in their own religions who are objecting. While I know there are also atheists who disagree with the signs, I think the ranks of the objectors are primarily made up of, as you call them, believers ... the same ones who's church probably also puts up signs like "Jesus loves you" or "God is the way".

Personally, I lean towards these signs being a waste of money and completely unnecessary ... unless of course, as some have also suggested, that they also come with a hidden agenda of their own.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Your post is littered with inaccuracies and conjecture.

All of the real scientists are actually quite sure that CERN won't destroy the universe. The whole panic movement over CERN was started by a biologist or a botanist or some such thing. I forget exactly what sort of scientist it was, but his field had jack all to do with particle physics.

And how do you know what can and can't happen by random chance? I can just as easily make the argument that an intelligent, omnipotent designer would only create a simple universe instead of a complex one. This is a massively flawed universe. Stars are out of balance and collapse into black holes. Life exists, yes... but only by destroying other life can it persist. Planets and asteroids are misaligned so poorly that they frequently collide. Matter is so unstable that certain elements will destroy cities *simply by having too much of it in one spot.* Even going by Christian religion, creation is so imperfect that it's had to be destroyed by flooding so the "perfect God" could basically try again.

The Universe is too complex and random to have been the result of an all-powerful creator.

There's another huge gap in creationism. You folks are always preaching that the Universe is too big, too complex, and too awesome to have been created from nothing. Then you turn around within the same belief system and try to claim that there's some almighty, perfect, omnipresent "God" or "Creator" who, by random chance, has just sort of "always been there."

Well, which is it? Do infinitely large, complex, and supposedly perfect things need created, or can they just be there from the beginning? Pick one or the other, but don't keep flip flopping to try and make your mythology sound like it's rooted in logic.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I suppose I could say the same about yours. Who said the universe would be perfect? I don't believe I did. Why would it be perfect? What would be the point? I think it's so much cooler that the universe is in chaos. Maybe more like controlled chaos. The universe has rules. Laws of physics that it must abide by. Which again those rules had to of been made by something. Call him the Flying Spaghetti Monster for all I care. There is someone who created this universe no doubt about it.

I believe Science and Religion go hand in hand. The stories of the Bible are WHAT he did. Science is HOW he did it. Don't you understand? That's why you can't prove miracles, because it's like a Science experiment where you don't have or can't create the conditions to replicate it. Huzzah a miracle. As in it wont happen like that again!

In regards to CERN maybe it's more a matter of what we shouldn't be doing rather than what we can. Obviously there is something extreme about the type of particle they're trying to create.

How do you explain Atheists that have died gone to hell and then were saved and returned to their body and then become suddenly devote believers? There are documented cases. People don't just make that # up.

Anyway what did Atheists expect? There are crazy Christan folks that go around door to door trying to push religious. I am not that kind and I believe that is wrong. I can see why some view the Bible as a control mechanism. So them using the same tactics is wrong of them.

You just have to know for yourself and not be slave to a religion. God wouldn't want that. Religion is merely a way to organize thoughts when studying God. It must be used in a good way and that is the key.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join