It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Evolution (PONDER WITH OOZYISM)

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
OK I have a simple question which has been bothering me, why can't we evolve ourselves? Reverse engineering anyone?

Does politics have something to do with it, or are we just not that advanced yet in the area of biology? If we know nature can cause evolution and cause huge change in huge periods of time then we should be able to create different species of humans using the same methods.

I thought we knew how the methods worked, or do we?

Aren't our bodies encoded? Can't we use reverse engineering on those codes to cause the burst of new species? Or do we just claim we know evolution yet only having a glimpse of what it really is.

We know how atoms work, we created the atom bomb. Isn't that how science is suppose to work?

Discuss this issue with me

I'm really interested

thanks for your time

ooz




posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
im only spamming posts at the minute so i can send a u2u but i do know a small amount on the subject, but not much. Yes we do know about how Atoms work and evolution but how to control them is another issue, evolution is a long process. thats about all i know sorry lol



posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 


Talk about major controversy.

Stem cell research and DNA manipulation. Heck they even made a movie about DNA and Dinosaurs. RAR! Someday supposedly we will be able to pick the smart gene for our kids . Strange new world we are headed towards.


S & F



posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamofflying
im only spamming posts at the minute so i can send a u2u but i do know a small amount on the subject, but not much. Yes we do know about how Atoms work and evolution but how to control them is another issue, evolution is a long process. thats about all i know sorry lol

Yes evolution is a long process but that is because there is no control, it is by chance and by nature. We humans are intelligent and we understand the mechanisms. If an unconscious being can cause evolution as they say in a long period of time, a conscious being should be able to do it much faster.



posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
 




Does politics have something to do with it


The eugenics movements in the late 1800s and early 1900s involved both marriage prohibitions and state-imposed forced sterilizations. This resulted in the tremendous social stigma we see today. The racial purification efforts of ww2-era nazis further intensified it.

Our society has been left with the notion that biological self-improvement is somehow morally questionable.



or are we just not that advanced yet in the area of biology?


Genetic engineering has been around for a long time. We have the technology, though there would likely be a good deal of trial and error, since most of our efforts have apparaently been with anything other than humans. We'd probably get a few "mistakes" if we started tinkering with people, but it's mostly political and social issues that are stopping it from happening.



posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket
 


What a waste of talent, do you think? Especially when it can be used for much good. Leaving our generation in the dark because of some weak hearted individuals who do not want to visit the uncharted territories.

We have already been in those roads before, why do we feel uncomfortable now? For me it just doesn't make sense.

We created devastating weapons which has the ability right now to destroy all humans, but we can't push a policy which allows biological improvements to our host body. That is like saying we shouldn't improve a computer, why?

Typing this reminds me of a post, I will find it:

post by All Seeing Eye
 


For the evil to defeat these messages they must destroy, all, the receivers, and that, is all of mankind. Because of the nature of the unobtrusive manner, I suspect, of the delivery system, one ultimately has the choice to pay attention to the message or not. It remains the choice of the person, not some "alien" trying to trick you.

 


It seems some are moving towards the annihilation of all mankind, might as well bring objectivity in the subject for enthusiasm.

thanks for your comment

[edit on 21-10-2009 by oozyism]



posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Does politics have something to do with it, or are we just not that advanced yet in the area of biology? If we know nature can cause evolution and cause huge change in huge periods of time then we should be able to create different species of humans using the same methods.


it's an interesting thread idea.

there are two things that spring to my mind straight away.
the first is "define evolution". for instance, every generation last century had a higher average height than the generation before it. generally, children have been taller than their parents for the last 100 years. is this evolution?

the secound thing that sprug to my mind is that although, in theory, i like the idea of hitting the FF button on evolution, i wouldn't risk my childs health and happiness on testing the theory.

is it humane to fiddle with the DNA of an unborn child.



posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman


it's an interesting thread idea.

there are two things that spring to my mind straight away.
the first is "define evolution". for instance, every generation last century had a higher average height than the generation before it. generally, children have been taller than their parents for the last 100 years. is this evolution?

the secound thing that sprug to my mind is that although, in theory, i like the idea of hitting the FF button on evolution, i wouldn't risk my childs health and happiness on testing the theory.

is it humane to fiddle with the DNA of an unborn child.


I'm not going to define evolution, which needs another thread as in itself, but I'll explain later since no time now.

Testing it on unborn babies? If it is not born, then it is not a baby? This needs a good thinking... I will hit you back tomorrow, good night..



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join