Of Emperors and Sky Gods

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

the Hopi and the Navaho of the "Four Corners " area will agree with you too..ever see a Kachina doll?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbmitch
the Hopi and the Navaho of the "Four Corners " area will agree with you too..ever see a Kachina doll?

Sure, thats fairly well-known in Ancient Astronaut Theory

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Have been you reading "UFOs in ancient China", by Shi-Bo???

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Have been you reading "UFOs in ancient China", by Shi-Bo???

No, never heard of that

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My heartiest thanks you, Skyfloating for a job well done. I thoroughly enjoyed all three of your posts. It further proves the similarity to so many of the ancient creation stories. I was intrigued by your description of the circular saucers/dragons and was struck by the similarity with the ouroboros. I don't know if someone has already made that connection...I haven't had time to read everyone's comments to your threads.

Puts this image in a new light to me.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by JoeBarna]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hi Skyfloating

In your research on the theme of ancient aliens of China, have you ever came across this type of ancient Chinese immortals called "the feathered men"?

They are most prevalent during Han dynasty as the prosperous period reinforce the belief of immortality in the afterlife, as the feathered men are said to be immortals who serve the higher deities, like Xi Wang Mu (AKA The Queen mother of the West). But the tradition of "feathered men" goes deeper into the past. I will provide some pictures from my ATS photo albums which i have uploaded before, will supply more examples (particularly from Han dynasty murals, because my internet quota is all used now) later.

Bronze "feathered men" from Han dynasty

Yu ren (literally "feathered man") from the Sanxingdui culture

Depictions of men with the bodies of bird on lacquered coffin of Marquis Yi of Zeng state (433 BC-)

(475-221BC) lacquered figure of winged deity from the Chu kingdom

Jade "feathered man" from Shang period (16th-11th century BC)

Commonly held notion about them is the idea evolved from Neolithic bird worship cultures then elevated to the level of seeking immortality as material lives got improved.

These "feathered men" are supposed to be "immortal", it’s said they live at a place where there are no nights.

It is said in order to achieve ascension mortals need to grow feathers or wings first, which can be done with the help of self-cultivation as well by taking certain drugs or substances.(It's well-known the first emperor of China, Qin Shihuangdi longed for immortality, but ironically, the mercury in his "elixir of immortality" more likely poisoned him than what he intended")

But i suspect some of the ideas in these ancient believes may have other source of inspirations than pure imagination. For instance, the immortality seeking Qin shihuangdi's meeting with the twelve giant immortals as recorded by official dynasty record,

I thought you might be interested.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by sunsky]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have a question about the ancient people to your guys. But to start a new thread would be to much for a small question. I hope anyone can answer this question.

The ancient ancestors knew that there were stars and planets above them. So why didn't they or the visitors simply said that they were people from other stars or planets? Why did those people saw them as god or skypeople and they self presented themself as Gods why? Why didn't the most of them said we are from the stars or planets?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
@ UFOexisist

Have you ever watched the AAT documentary (the one featuring Giorgio tsoukalos, George Noory etc, i think you can get it on youtube), they make a good example of WW2 Polynesians who worshipped U.S army airplanes even after the Americans left, as their level of knowledge has yet to enable them to regard such things as an airplane anything but "magical".

But such scenario finds parallel in ancient Chinese record as well, for instance, the Shi yi ji (records of gleaning) says "the first emperor of China, Qin shihuangdi was visited by twelve giant immortals who came by ships shaped like spiral shells capable of submerging into the bottom of the oceans without wetting themselves; they told the emperor things from the past as if they were witnesses; a single object with the size of a grain can illuminate the entire hall, thrown it into the waters, the foams generated by it can drift as far as several miles; the emperor was so impressed with their craftsmanship he called them the immortals" . Qin China was one of most technologically advanced civilization at the time, yet the first emperor was so impressed by someone else's "craftsmanship" who they referred to as "the immortals".

also consider this, the Moon is the brightest and closest heavenly body known to mankind for as long as we can remember, yet before American astronaut Neil Armstrong, despite all sorts of imaginations no one knows exactly what it's like up there on the planetary satellite. Perhaps that’s why ancient cultures tend to personify the Moon and other heavenly bodies as "god" rather than some habitable place.

plus there are still a lot of people out there just like Kevin from UFO hunters who refuse to believe that Aliens actually exist, even though mankind themselves are now exploring other heavenly bodies beyond their own. And by the very moment anything associated with human have left marks on another planet, we become effectively "extraterrestrial" ourselves, bar that the rocks didn’t greet people as "god”.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by sunsky]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
thread title should be, of emperors, sky gods and pharaohs

www.bergerfoundation.ch...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The image you posted was interesting, as i have been watching a collection by Micheal Tsarion lately... his accounts in to the origins and the "serpent beings" probing into the venacular of words like "nation" deriving from the same celestial beings is pretty revelant to the content you have displayed here...

in fact both accounts seem to make the other even more interesting to time line, some where in between the forms of the "gods" and the "human" and the merging of the two and the birth of "religion".

also the timeline zero theroy originating in this age is interesting enough, some of the Terrence McKenna material is great on his theory of the I-Ching...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sunsky

Thank you - I had yet to come across those feathered men. Awesome

edit on by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The native cultures of North America and Hopi speak of the feathered, children of the feather, and the reference to feather is believed by many to be, space flight.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...
Star Warriors

The Hopis & the Greys

www.crystalinks.com...

Native Americans followed the movements of the celetsial markers - much as we do today. They called it Star Knowledge. Beyond the land where they lived, was the sky, and that beyond were dimensional portals or sky holes. Beyond that was an area that they called the Ocean of Pitch, were the beauty of the night sky and the galaxies spun out towards them. Beyond that were the boundaries of the universe. And that set along the rim at the boundaries of the universe were 4 different exterrestrial groups.

The Hopis called the Pleiadians the Chuhukon, meaning those who cling together. They considered themselves direct descendents of the Pleiadians. The Navajos named the Pleiades the Sparkling Suns or the Delyahey, the home of the Black God. The Iroquois pray to them for happiness. The Cree came to have come to earth from the stars in spirit form first and then became flesh and blood.

Each year a medicine man performs the green corn dance where he takes 7 ears of corn from 7 fields of the 7 clans to insure a healthy harvest. Early Dakota stories speak of the Tiyami home of the ancestors as being the Pleiades. Astronomy tells us that the Pleiades rise with the sun in May and that when you die your spirit returns south to the seven sisters.

They believe that Mythic Mountain is actually the home of the Kachinas. This mountain top is a sacred one. Being the home of the kachina spirits it is the place where all of the large mythic beings they honor in their rituals land. "We come as clouds to bless the Hopi people" is a quote passed from generation to generation.

There are some remarkable drawings that appear to be luminous discs of light in the petroglyphs all along the south west. Photographs of Billy Meier's Pleiadian space and beam ships look just like these rock petroglyphs from long ago.

...According to legend, at the destruction of each ages of humanity - the people that were pure of heart went down into the center/heart of the Earth and there remained protected.

In this place lived a group of beings they called the Ant People. Drawings of the Ant People bear a strong similarity to the gray aliens, having large heads, short bodies, long spindly fingers, in some cases 4, 5, or 6 digits. Some of these drawings have the indication of telepathic thought waves coming from the beings' head themselves.

Hopi Prophecy speaks of the return of the Blue Kachina - Star People and Star Knowledge - at the end of this cycle of time.

Im going to look for the references to the bird/feather people of the natives, but...The feathered serpents of South America where the reptilians and yet the ones coming from the sky, the bird in Mexico would defeat the snake/devour the snake.

www.experiencefestival.com...

A snake-eating bird of prey appears in a legend of the Mexica people, who gave rise to the Aztec empire, and it is represented in the Mexican flag: The Mexicas, guided by their god Huitzilopochtli, sought a place where the bird landed on a prickly pear cactus, devouring a snake. They found the sign on a island in Lake Texcoco, where they erected the city of Tenochtitlan ("Place of the Prickly Pear Cactus" – present-day Mexico City) in 1325. (In the Coat of Arms of Mexico this bird is depicted as a Golden Eagle..

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, Id have to agree that people riding on feathered beings and similar such tales could easily symbolize very ancient memories of aircraft.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
SATCAT # 36605.

Its LEO object, check it out.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A Jade Bi with three "celestials"

An ancient pendant with two "celestials"

The Jade Bi, the round ritual object for heaven, as well the C-shaped Hongshan jade "pig dragon" , they were the manifestation of the ancient Chinese belief of a "round heaven". But why they believed that the heaven is "round"? I have never really thought about that question until i read skyfloating's threads on ancient aliens of China earlier this year. While i was open to the possibility that anicent alien contact was the source i was not readily convinced.

But after i stumbled upon these ancient artifacts i realized how well skyfloating's devotion to AAT has served him, i dont know how he reached such conclusion, but he should be applauded. I now believe his theory regarding the origin of those "round" shapes. Though just what really is the round object over the "celestial" may open for interpretation.

The origin of these artifacts are unknown, but their archaic style points to the neolithic period. Because they are from a private Chinese collector who put the photographs on his personal blog dedicated to ancient Chinese jade, as result very few people know their existence. But for Skyfloating's theory, they are enough to tell that he is not trying to chase the wind and clutch at shadows.
edit on 26-10-2010 by sunsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
wow...I'm aware this is an old thread, but I came across it on OP signature on another tread.
Great effort, I'm presuming it's not C/P

I always thought that ancient legends and myths were more than just that. It is more convinient for the mainstream to ignore them than to try to understand them. I'm not saying it's all true...but one must wonder. Either the ancients were crazy as chimps with no bananas, or there is some truth to some myths.

A myriad of great things open up as soon as we accept the possibility...could it be true? Tales of sky gods from multitude of cultures...tales of flying machines...

why would they invent that? If it were God they were referring to...why flying machines? When flying in a machine was not a known concept at the time...or was it?

Anyway...great post Sky...you put some real effort in to the thread. Thumbs up

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Isis told Horus to protect the people of Egypt from Seth, the God of chaos, storms and floods. Pharaos are said to be Horus “in human form”.

It was SET not Seth Just Sayin .

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingArthur

Isis told Horus to protect the people of Egypt from Seth, the God of chaos, storms and floods. Pharaos are said to be Horus “in human form”.

It was SET not Seth Just Sayin .

there's evidence that prominent figures in the biblical text, were also in egyptian texts, which, over time, had various flip flops over who was the good guy and who was the bad guy. in the example skyfloating gave, god of chaos is equivalent to sumerian enki, god of storms to sumerian enlil and god of floods to akkadian ea. there are equivalents in hindu texts as well. these are the same stories with their own generational spin and in their cultural backdrop and language.

for example, egyptian isis is equivalent to akkadian inana. (and that's just one of her many names). osiris was equivalent to nimrod, who was also akkadian enmerkar, and before he died, was also known as egyptian narmer. that'd make, in this example, narmer (and by extension, nimrod) horus while alive, and osiris after death. if you take taht particular approach to the subject.
edit on 14-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9   >>

join