It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How have we not been attacked?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Where did I say anything about religion?

Believe whatever hackneyed thing you want. I boiled it down, but evidently it wasn't bland enough for you. Have you even been to the area, or do you depend on whatever pablum you are fed by msnbc and cnn?

Personally, I think the west should just give up on the area, cut off all ties, all aid, let them kill each other off, and leave them to die in their own filth.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by oozyism

Where did I say anything about religion?

Believe whatever hackneyed thing you want. I boiled it down, but evidently it wasn't bland enough for you. Have you even been to the area, or do you depend on whatever pablum you are fed by msnbc and cnn?

Personally, I think the west should just give up on the area, cut off all ties, all aid, let them kill each other off, and leave them to die in their own filth.

Yes I'm from Afghanistan... Raised as a Muslim, now trying to find my way...

Any ways that has nothing to do with what Muslims believe...

Yeah your personal opinion I respect, why doesn't your government just leave that area? They don't want you there, it evidently shows.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Yes I'm from Afghanistan... Raised as a Muslim, now trying to find my way...

I'm from Germany, never have worn lederhosen, couldn't do a Bavarian dance to save my life, don't find beer all that thrilling, and can't speak the language. Origination has nothing to do with experience.

Ever deal with the Taliban? Been forced to wear a burkha? I'm sure Afghanistan was better under the rule of roving bands of thugs that enforce arab culture over persian culture. It was probably better under the Talibans medieval arab style rule. Perhaps Soviet rule was better?

Any ways that has nothing to do with what Muslims believe...

The whole thing has nothing to do with what Muslims believe. It has everything to do with midieval arab culture.

Yeah your personal opinion I respect, why doesn't your government just leave that area?

They certainly don't listen to me. I don't have investments in the area, and I have no pull with the leadership in that area. The respective governments really just have to tell the U.S. to get out, but money talks.

They don't want you there, it evidently shows.

Who doesn't want us there? Random arabs with no education? The governments? The street sweepers? Cooks? Some generalized 'them'?

I give it two weeks until the Taliban is beating people in the streets of Afghanistan once we do leave. For Iraq I give it maybe three weeks before that country descends into total chaos when we leave there. But that's their problem. If the people want to let the arab midievalism take over, that is their choice. They just have to get their governments to realize that the chance at a modern life isn't something they want, and that barbarism is a saving grace.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Simply you don't like there way of life, it is alright, but then you should realize that there are people in the opposition who doesn't like your way of life. You might think your way of life is all handy dandy and might think everyone loves but that is just not true.

You are the one forcing your way of life on others, imagine if those Arabs or Persian, Muslims simply came to the US and implemented Sharia. I wouldn't be surprised if I see you running around with an AK and a grenade, and as your last resort suicide bombing due to overwhelming opposition power. So have a think on all sides, all views, not just your own and your own people.

I was raised as a Muslim, I lived under Taliban regime, then me and my family ended up in a refugee camp in Pakistan. Forced Burqah? Once again, you seem to think everyone wants to live your way of life, have you ever thought that maybe Western teens are being forced to wear mini skirts? Why else do they wear it in winter cold, minus degrees? They wear mini skirts in snow? Do you suspect they are being forced? But then again anyone has the capability of assuming, but not the capability of viewing the whole picture.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Nice post, I think a lot of people often forget when they are the majority where they live that right for them is not right for everyone. However, on the mini skirt point, I think you were being a little over dramatic. Teenage girls in America for the most part like to be fashionable and attract love interests so they dress according to whats popular. Its part of being a teenager, one of those things you look back on and laugh at.....its not a religious statement....you could make the case for peer pressure but they are not forced to wear them out of fear of physical retaliation.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by oozyism

Nice post, I think a lot of people often forget when they are the majority where they live that right for them is not right for everyone. However, on the mini skirt point, I think you were being a little over dramatic. Teenage girls in America for the most part like to be fashionable and attract love interests so they dress according to whats popular. Its part of being a teenager, one of those things you look back on and laugh at.....its not a religious statement....you could make the case for peer pressure but they are not forced to wear them out of fear of physical retaliation.

Yes peer pressure I agree. Muslim girls wear Burqas even when they move to West, no physical retaliation, it is very much the same.

The individuals who physically assault girls for not wearing Burqas are criminals, just like any criminal who physically assaults someone for what ever reason, it is not based on religion. Islam doesn't condone such activities.

It is a cultural issue, the people of that region need to change their own culture, not an occupying force.

To allow comprehension, look at it this way, see in America if you go out with an American flag and burn it in front of a patriot you have a high chance of getting physically assaulted.

If you wear blue in a blood neighbor hood you have a high chance of getting physically assaulted. Even though it is not illegal to wear blue.

Here in NZ I have been stopped many times by Police officers who advice me not to wear all blue or all red. Because they know there is a risk, the same went for Afghanistan, people were advised not to wear miniskirts and so on and so forth.

It is just the way it is, you can't forget the norm of a society and expect everything to be OK.

I hope the clarification helps everyone understand.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
There is no proof you were 'attacked' . Back in 2001 , Colin Powell was going to produce a white paper to provide all the evidence of such a crime perpetrated by external agencies , but it failed to materialize . So far , it is all just supposition and speculation , the product of spurious tape recordings, torture , lies, and a bellicose chauvinistic baying mob . But thats the way you do things isn't it , who needs international law .

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I don't really understand the question in the OP.

The US has NEVER had a major terrorist attack on its on soil preformed by a foreign terrorist.

So what's the confusion?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613

Since 9/11, we have lost, perhaps, 10,000 people to terror. That's including those killed on 9/11, our various soldiers who have died in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and some others who may have been killed through terror - say, people who were kidnapp

So, you are saying .. that those soldiers killed in Iraq by the 'insurgents' are to be put down to acts of 'Terror' ? I know they feed you some BS in the US , but you only got to do a simple mind exercise to free yourself of those notions . What would you do if a foreign nation occupied America ? . And if you did what I think you'd do , would you call that terrorism ? I do not understand how people are this far dumbed down . People have got to a state of such dumbed downness that the US is reaching a critical mass where the dumbed downers will achieve overall majority , it can be seen on forms such as this where the prevalent tendency is toward embracing ignorance .

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by SpacePunk

You are the one forcing your way of life on others, imagine if those Arabs or Persian, Muslims simply came to the US and implemented Sharia. I wouldn't be surprised if I see you running around with an AK and a grenade, and as your last resort suicide bombing due to overwhelming opposition power. So have a think on all sides, all views, not just your own and your own people.

They are trying to implement Sharia in the UK. The whole paradox about Sharia law is that according to Islam it does not apply to the non-Islamic, but in countries where arab midievelism is rampant, they apply it to everybody in direct violation of Islam.

As for the burkha, I'm sure that it's native to Persia. Your people have already let the fifth column of backward arab thinking take over your country. We won't allow it in ours.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
And they have a right to defend themselves against occupiers by international law , nowhere does it class such actions as terrorism . On the contrary , you did not even obtain a UN mandate to invade Iraq , so if anyone is the terrorist in Iraq , you are .

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

They are trying to implement Sharia in the UK. The whole paradox about Sharia law is that according to Islam it does not apply to the non-Islamic, but in countries where arab midievelism is rampant, they apply it to everybody in direct violation of Islam.

As for the burkha, I'm sure that it's native to Persia. Your people have already let the fifth column of backward arab thinking take over your country. We won't allow it in ours.

No they are not forcing there way of life in UK, if they were, the Brits would take up arms against them, but the things is no one is forcing anything on the Brits.

Forcing means forcing.

In the UK, British born individuals are bringing change to the system, not Arabs/Persians who flew from thousands of miles away. They are British, just like any other Brit. That land is their home, that is where they were born.

As a British born citizen they have the right to bring change to Britain similar to any other British citizen. After all Britain is a Democracy, the rule of majority, so if the majority is Muslim then I think you are going to be very pissed off aren't you? So what you need to do is to also get involved as a British citizen, because Britain gives right to all its citizens, there is no discrimination based on religion, race, gender etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Explanation: Not under Attack?

I'm quite sure I can provide heaps of evidence of the US being under CONSTANT attack....but before I blaze away upon this memetic battlefield with reckless abondon, I will 1st ask that Republican08 disclose exactly how they define what an attack on the US actually is for the purposes of this thread.

Personal Disclosure: FYI and IMO! Once is happenstance, Twice is coincidence, Three times?, Now that's when your under attack!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Americans are all paranoid delusional psychopaths..

You have not been attacked, because nobody is really interested in attacking America..

The whole world really wants to live in peace, but Americans go around carrying out surgical strikes and invasions around the world, bullying third world countries, and bragging about weaponry and "strategy" against imagined enemies.

Even Americans themselves are stocking up on guns and weaponry to use against EACH OTHER.

Ask an American about nuking Iran.
They will say hell yes, because we can.
Since when has Iran posed any threat to American soil.

No, nobody wants to invade or attack America.

All your enemies are waiting for you all to go completely psycho, start a revolution, and kill each other off in the most vicious way possible.
We could not be bothered attacking you.

So buy more guns and ammo, and get ready.

The guy that blows your head off from a cowardly concealed sniping position will be some overweight and unfit American punk, wearing a smiley tee shirt and a baseball cap.
When he splatters your head against a wall, he will smile and think himself a true patriot and a hero.

You walked into his line of fire unaware, and DESERVED to die.
That is the mark of a true warrior, patriot and absolute hero.

So be a real man, a true American, and get the very best and most lethal weaponry to use against your fellow Americans.
The rest of the world expects you to do your duty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join