It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like it or not, here comes more stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Like it or not, here comes more stimulus

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- You won't see it all in one neat package. And you won't hear the White House call it stimulus.

But there's a good chance lawmakers will decide to extend some of the stimulus measures included in the $787 billion economic recovery package passed in February and possibly create some new ones as well.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Now it is time to be sneaky. No more of the whole letting the public know what is going to be spent on this fruitless effort to revive our nation's economy. Not that they ever really asked the people what they thought and then took what was said into consideration.

Our government has created a black hole of debt that will never cease growing. This debt will be inherited by our children's grandchildren.

We have to stop spending money that isn't there to spend. In order to recover we must first create an economy based on exports instead of this consumer driven economy that we are trying to keep a float.

NO MORE BAILOUTS, NO MORE STIMULUS.

THE DEBT MUST STOP.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Well, that seems to be what ATSers want, more secrecy. When biden talked honestly about the economy, a bunch of ATSers called him an idiot. Then these same ATSers complain about the government. They're just getting what they want! My guess is a lot of people just want to complain rather than improve their situation or fix problems.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'm not from America but i see what is going on it's the same over here in the UK but the bankers are happy with there bonuses but that's OK the tax payers will be there when needed.
My honest opinion is it's gone too far now the economy cannot be saved there is no money left they keep saying it's recovering but we know different TICK TOCK time is nearly up the house of cards will fall soon then what ?

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
We could double the stimilus debt and still be able to handle it. We still haven't even reached the debt reached after the New Deal. And we were not paying that off recently were we.

this isn't a bank account, money in and money out. People need to stop listening to the fear mongering from msm and realize that national debt is a complicated issue, and not someone's friend loaning us money that is going to call it. China isn't a loan shark.

We are at a very tricky point of recovery. We risk having a jobless recovery, and now they are taking action to prevent that.

Right now, making sure we have the recovery we need is far more important then what we spend on it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by radio_for_peace

Well, I dont see your assessment fair at all. Joe Biden talked openly, but it was a downright lie. We wouldn't mind if it all actually worked but why the hell are we gonna spend a crap load more money if it's not gonna do a damn thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

So you don't think we're in a depression? If we calculated unemployment like we did during the depression, we'd be worse off.

finance.yahoo.com...

The stock market today is behaving in a lot of ways similar to the Great Depression. We've even rebounded to about a 30% loss from the highs just like the start of the great depression did.

www.motherjones.com...

Credit is still contracting, shipping is still tight according to the baltic index....I see more and more people asking for hand-outs in some form. Suicide and depression are getting higher among middle-class and low-income. I just don't see Biden's analysis as wrong.

The dollar is still at its lows...

Not that I'm favor of it, but that's why the government will continue the stimulus package and continue to print money and maintain a huge deficit. Maybe you think the economy is fixed because the dow is over 10k...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by radio_for_peace]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
how can people be so stupid and divided? i am beyond trying to explain what my opinion is about things like this. i just can't believe how stupid poeple have become.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Thanks for making me laugh, in disbelief. Whatever your on it must be powerful.

Originally posted by prettyflowers
how can people be so stupid and divided? i am beyond trying to explain what my opinion is about things like this. i just can't believe how stupid poeple have become.

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting different results! So the people are not only stupid, but insane.

To legitimately invoke the commerce power, Congress must show not only that a federal program is necessary, but also that it is proper-that is, the program does not violate other foundational principles, such as federalism, separation of powers, and limited government. Congress has not made that showing.

Indeed, the bailout quite clearly violates the Constitution's separation-of-powers principle-in particular, what has become known as the nondelegation doctrine, which states that Congress may not delegate its legislative power to any other entity, including the Cabinet departments of the executive branch. Article I, section 1 of the Constitution states, "All legislative Powers ... shall be vested in a Congress." A plain reading of that text shows that lawmaking is for the legislative branch, which does not include the Treasury Department. Yet when Congress authorized the bailout package, it gave Secretary Henry Paul son Jr. unprecedented power to act as a super-legislature.
www.cato.org...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

And what action exactly are they taking to prevent a "jobless recovery"..? By the way there is no such thing as a "jobless recovery", what that would entail is that the rich stay rich and the poor get poorer. Recovery will only come when jobs come back to the US. Currently US companies are outsourcing even more to other countries. Please explain how you came to your conclusion.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

A plain reading of that text shows that lawmaking is for the legislative branch, which does not include the Treasury Department.
Yet when Congress authorized the bailout package, it gave Secretary Henry Paul son Jr. unprecedented power to act as a super-legislature.

good points, but just a mite off IMHO...

the Treas. Govt. FED... were all reacting to Preserve the rules of trade/commerce/contact law...so that the rest-of-the-world would not jump ship and have the idea that our financial products were questionable or even worse 'worthless'.

the Govt entities enlarged the promise that all USA debts/obligations were backed by the 'Full Faith and Surity of the US government' to actually include the fraudulent bonds and other questionable mortgage derivatives that caused the global crisis.

Or else all trust & faith in the reserve-currency & petro dollar would have evaporated all-at-once.... the whispered theme is that the USAs economic hegemony has been busted, trust is both slow & tentative.... escape (from USD & other financial paper) has to be carefully orchestrated at the least possible harm.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh yeah.

They're going to stimulate us into a financial black hole.

You know, with most people, when something not only doesn't work - but actually makes the initial problem worse, they don't repeat the same identical mistake.

Not this group.

They're too stupid admit they were not only wrong, but with disastrous results.

So, lets' do it again, and line the pocket of our buddies, because I'm going to need a job when I get kicked out of office next year.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So what, they're just going to be sneaky about it now? This is such
bull#. A "stimulus" economy will always require more stimulus if it
is the only way to inject capital into the system. They are maintaining
a failed economy by attempting to fill in the gap with the printing press...There's no other way, as tax receipts are down drastically, and they only service so much of the debt...We're in no-man's land economically.

top topics

join