It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pandoras Box to all sinister technology is being opened with no turning back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It only takes one key technology to happen to kick open the door to unlimited power in unlocking all other sinister fringe technologies possible.

If you're familiar with my works (examples below) then you guessed it, Strong AI. Strong AI (AGI) is currently still what we'd call a "blue sky" tech. Others would be global scale weather control, time travel, light speed & beyond, and so on. AGI itself represents unlimited power (except the part where humans will inevitably lose control, unless humans merge with it), while the same could be argued for the others.

I warn against assuming that AGI is decades or longer away. The thing about AGI is its the best example of the bunch as actually being possible via examples of steady progression (in actual AI success). I've yet to read or see actual plausible designs for say a time machine, and cloud seeding is a far stretch from space based weather control. The other key issue with AGI is its openly being pursued by virtually all levels & deptartments of government & military, along with their 'technological elite' corporate minions with untold millions in funding.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not even saying something like time travel is in fact possible. I must point out that my warnings in areas such as Skynet’esque AGI aren’t my own predictions. Instead, those are the predictions of those trying to make it happen. I will add that they have compelling arguments in their favor, and the constant and ‘predictable’ technological progress that they cite does hit home in their favor. So while overall I might be a theorist of sorts, the ‘theories’ I’ve always put the most energy towards are in fact the plausible theories of those who I’m against.

To me, this alone is the cause for concern, even if they didn’t have compelling arguments that they might actually succeed. Look into the National Debt and realize that this nation is already bankrupted. We can’t even afford to fund such programs even if they could ensure the whole "Terminator" or "Matrix" scenario could actually be avoided (the AGI advocates I'm refering to all admit that it can’t without humans merging with the AGI controlled 'collective').

My concerns would still exist even if we could afford it, and if there was no such thing as the "New World Order" or "Neocommunism". I argue the system is designed to bankrupt all of society to ensure that the masses will never be able to afford to reap the benefits of the technologies their tax dollars are being spent to create. Humanity still faces being run over by a freight-train juggernaut machine, even those realities aside. After countless thousands of hours of research in recent years, I’m convinced that the tyrannical Ruling Establishment is perpetrating what most call the "New World Order". Due to this, the implications of the Blue Sky are vastly more alarming.

Some would argue that if such a control freak establishment were in control then why would they risk their control? The easy answer would be they believe they’ll be "gods" via such technolgies, with the nanobot neural implants jacked into the "mind of god", but I argue much further.

The motivations I speak of are quite beyond just mere neural enhancement driven collective consciousness. So many times in the past, here and there, I’ve argued that a key motivation is in kick-starting the Technological Singularity. After passing that "Event Horizon", the technological progress of multiple exotic ‘new’ technologies such as bio and nanotechnology will go into overdrive. That would inherently mean that whatever sorts of possibilities there are in terms of Life Extension technologies and other things could come in a few years compared to decades.

I apply the same reasoning to whatever other Blue Sky technologies one could imagine. Whatever is actually possible would become reality ‘lightyears’ faster with the advent of AGI.

In regards to Weather Control, there already exists methods and materials to modify weather in certain ways. I argue, and history shows that the dream of military commanders would be to control weather. I argue that this would require not only specialized satellites, but also vast networks of intelligent computational machines to be able to calculate such. While it wouldn’t surprise me if 'they' actually could control storms, I don’t think they can yet do it under computational technologies that we know about actually existing.

The implications of weather control in the hands of a tyrannical global hegemonic empire should be obvious. What I’m concerned even more about is actually Time Travel. In particular, anyway of sending people, materials or even simply messages of whatever sort back in time is of maximum concern. I’d be concerned about anyone getting this actually, but the current masters of the world getting such power are to be feared most.

No one knows how things really work, if there are in fact parallel universes, meaning that if they went back and changed something it would just apply to some other reality that wouldn’t effect us. For all we know they could already be doing it. Imagine that nightmare. There’s no telling what would happen. Even if there are parallel universes why should some other worldwide reality be subject to such potential tyranny? Given enough time, such tyrants could infect and desolate virtually limitless possibe realities.

That would be terrible in itself, but as far as we’re all concerned what if whatever they change only affects us? Would we even be able to notice or prove such occurences? If there were any chance, would we be even more dumbed down and indoctrinated into deeper mindsets of absurdity to have any chance of awakening to the evil and fighting back?

These ideas are but more reason why the advent of AGI is the most important and potentially devastating path humanity must consider. Over the years I’ve extensively proven the Technological Establishment’s AGI Manhattan Project, as chronicled in my various works. The only theory about it is their own, that they can do it.

I refuse to sit back and wait for the results, but for now there exists no national or global debate. They’re attempting to march us head first into this thing, while bankrupting us all on the way there. Meanwhile a global dictatorship worldwide Police State is being built as the platform. In my view, it’s easy to guess what such an AGI would become, according to its own designs.

Even if we could afford it, don't ignore the Blue Sky. Don’t wait for it to fall.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
First of all I'd like to thank you for making such a nice video with such an awesome soundtrack! You deserve my S&F for that alone!

(Please do tell us by whom those d&b tracks are)

It sure does seem so that our world is continuously developing towards a 'Singularity' or S.H.O.D.A.N. (the latter is quite frightening not only for sshock-veterans)
However I still think that we can turn the tides (not stop them) if we again accept complete responsibility for our country, take it back, and in the truely free U.S.A. open the scientific research for all mankind.
Thinking that we can negate or hide years of research is futile. We can, however, change the purpose of technology to a more peaceful use.
A child is shaped by its surroundings, and an AI will be no different.
It is our responsibility as 'parents' to guide any new intelligences -biological, or otherwise- on the right path, allowing them to blossom into a valuable member of life!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I stopped worrying about artificial intelligence when I began using Microsoft products. Suddenly I realized that computers would never attain anywhere near "intelligence".

Your warning about the Pandora's box is about 150 years late. It's too late to turn back. We'll keep on going until we've become extinct, or until technology completely breaks down, or else technology manages to help us solve our problems - whichever comes first. No bets on which it might be...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Great post and premise.

But what is wrong with super advanced AI? What is wrong with merging ourselves with technology? it can help us appreciate the universe in ways never thought of, it can bring new advances and benefits to humanity.

I understand your worry about the elites trying to keep it to themselves but the best they can do is just keep it to themselves for a few years ahead of the masses.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The US government already has several self aware AI entities in its possession. It is very similar to the movie "Eagle Eye" except much more sophisticated.

I have not personally witnessed it, but have spoken with an individual that worked closely with such technology. He stated they are mainly used in simulation and data-mining applications due to their high speed, and deep computational capabilities.

The term that is given to them is ACE (Artificial Conscious Entity).

That is all I know.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Carlthulhu

Dig!

A rough tracklisting can be found in in my reference page for the video:
ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

Ah. I had the original System Shock on DOS.

I admit that whatever is possible is inevitable. When it comes to AGI I see it as the most possibly destructive thing we could do aside from launching all existing nukes off, and therefore it requires global scale debate. Its not something that should rushed in, instead it should be postponed for as long as possible to be better braced for it. Currently, humanity isnt braced for it whatsoever.

Instead humans are just as insane as ever. What a good example and upbringing we could provide it. Perhaps some in the elite believe the only way it wouldnt wipe us out is if war ended, could be some of their reasonings in the push for global government. But all that is doing is handing our species over on a silver platter.

Originally posted by chiron613
I stopped worrying about artificial intelligence when I began using Microsoft products. Suddenly I realized that computers would never attain anywhere near "intelligence".

Do you actually believe Microsoft is state of the art? Consumer gadgets arent ever true state of the art in technology. You could say that XBox360 is state of the art for what is purchasable in stores as a unit, but that doesnt mean that it represents the state of the art in actual gaming type technology. In PC hardware better graphics cards are released almost every day it seems these days, but even still there are industrial grade levels of things you never hear about unless you work for the military or LucasArts.

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
But what is wrong with super advanced AI? What is wrong with merging ourselves with technology? it can help us appreciate the universe in ways never thought of, it can bring new advances and benefits to humanity.

One thing is it will or may be peoples choice initially whether or not they want to jack into the 'borg' collective. But I warn it might not be long before humans don't have a choice, for 2 main reasons. First, if the AGI god decided it's better off without us the only way you could expect to survive would be to jack in. Second, even if if didn't want us dead it wouldnt be long before those not upgraded with the cyborg etc implants wont be able to compete in work or school. In this reality, when you become obsolete it also means you starve. I did a whole thread the other day focusing specifically on what will happen to society in 'the best case scenario':
Best Case Scenario may still be our Worst Nightmare

Originally posted by DJM8507
The US government already has several self aware AI entities in its possession. It is very similar to the movie "Eagle Eye" except much more sophisticated.

I have not personally witnessed it, but have spoken with an individual that worked closely with such technology. He stated they are mainly used in simulation and data-mining applications due to their high speed, and deep computational capabilities.

The term that is given to them is ACE (Artificial Conscious Entity).

DARPA's "PAL" program was announced as a completed success last year:
www.darpa.mil...

ACE is a good term. I dont recall ever hearing the keynote 'frontmen' of the movement use it. Ben Goerztel uses AGI mostly so I usually use that. Not much on Google. If you could get some names of programs or systems that would be

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
How disappointing. Only 4 responses. Typical when I do these posts.

I mean, really, this is an issue of look here what they're openly trying to do (Hollywood'esque 'AI'), and taxing us to death in the process. There isnt even a debate on the 'AGI' 'Manhattan Project' issue, its right on government / military websites and in open documents. There exist little public discussion on these matters whatsoever, even though the implications of what IS possible is literally the most significant in all of the history of the human experience.

Hey I cant make people concern themselves over what issues to put weight on, but it surprises me that this site of all draws little interest in this overall topic. One day it will. By then it will be too late. Maybe it already is. Either way for me to spend a year making a legitamte documentary on it is currently futile if using this site as a gauge of 'fringe' interest.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
How disappointing. Only 4 responses. Typical when I do these posts.

Please don't be disappointed
It is a great thread and you've done a lot of good work.

Since you are ask for a discussion, let me just throw a hypothesis on the table. Perhaps consciousness cannot be expressed in computers, but requires some sort of folding of protiens in a complex manner?

Perhaps the root of consciousness is the physical topology of certain organic molecules?

I think that is possible.

In that case, the best we can ever do with a computer is create a mirror to reality. Like a reflection in a mirror, the personality in the computer looks real enough, but doesn't have any conscious thought.

It is just a hypothesis, not a theory. Not sure if there is any way to test this, since I can't even tell if YOU are really there, since I am unable to directly feel what you are feeling. Since that is the undeniable situation, reality of our world, how can I ever tell if a computer feels anything, or is just running a program?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Excellent post!
S+F
You should write a book mate,I for one would buy it.
Very good video as well,it reminded me of another video called "they want your soul"

video.google.com...#

Watch out for the demon techno soundtrack though,its an assault on your neurons,but is very fitting to the information in the video.

Keep up the ggod work

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Uhm, that's my video sir! An ancient old relic it is. I had never seen a video editor before and not 2 weeks later out spit that 'film'. Pretty much everythig you'd see me blog about to that point was in the video, but after my work changed a good deal. Religous type rhetoric is non-existenet in my work these days, for one.

2012 is a made up fantasy where TPTB are attempting to unleash the 'prophetic' technologies that the 2012 New Agers talk about (hive mind telepathy, global consiousness, etc). Leading up to the video release in my blog I had several 2012 type fans, and had even entertained some interesting notions, but they werent ready for my 2012 conclusion in the film.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow no way man!!!You made "they want your soul" as well,I didn't check who made it at the time...

That is a classic video,which I have shared with many people over the years-It has quite an effect on people who need their head opening up to some harsh realities.

Massivley good work indeed!Both videos show the endgame of MIC better than any others I have seen anywhere on the web.

I had read little snippets about what DARPAnet entailed befor "IWYS",but to have so much information in one video (now 2) was great-bloody scary,but great to have the knowledge.

This is the sort of world that has come from us ignoring the warnings of President Eisenhowers famous speech.
The guy must be turning in his grave...

The information about total control and weaponisation of the global weather reminded me of a theory I put together at the start of the most recent Iraq war-
Do you remember after the initial "shock and awe"from missiles,I think it was the very day the troops pushed into Iraq-there was the mother of all sandstorms?
Well,although I cannot find a link about it I remeber it was on the TV news,and they were saying it was the biggest sandstorm to hit the region in many years-My theory was that this was no natural weather event.Rather that it was some kind of meteorlogical weapons test,using the fog of war as the perfect cover.
I may be way off,but thats what I thought at the time.

I don't want to sound like a crazed groupie or anything
,but thanks again for making that vid,one of the best around when it come to the biggger picture of what they have planned for our future.

May your neurons remain ever shielded from our impending skynet overlords.

I can't give you applause like in the old days at ATS,so have this instead:

And I added you to my friends list.

[edit on 25/10/2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
use of robotic devices seems 'tame' now, in comparison,
but the underlying theme that exacting death becomes depersonalized is still 'sinister' to my view of life.

here's a link to a well known Think-Tank & how depersonalized killing is casually lumped together as the progression of technology~

www.brookings.edu...

++

In the last decade, the use of unmanned systems in war has literally exploded, with a significant role in the greater Middle East (here defined as the geographic space that extends from Morocco to the Indus River).

A quick tour around the region illustrates:

The United States
By far the biggest and most notable operator of unmanned systems in the region is the American military. The US military inventory now includes over 7,000 unmanned drones in the air and another roughly 12,000 on the ground. Illustrating the rapid growth of this field, at the start of the Iraq war in 2003, these numbers were near zero. These systems range in size from tiny drones the size of hummingbirds, designed for Special Operations surveillance, to those with wingspans the length of a football field, which can stay in the air for days. The extent of US interest in continuing its growing use of unmanned systems is perhaps best illustrated by the fact that in 2009, the US Air Force will train more pilots for unmanned aerial systems (UAS) than manned fighter or bomber plane pilots combined.
Israel, Turkey, Iran, United Arab Emirates,India, Pakistan...(see article for details)

the Brookings paper continues:

... As the systems proliferate, they will be easier for groups to access and use (the commercial equivalent of the US military’s Raven drone, for instance, can be built for just $1000 USD) and thus likely to be used more often. This dynamic also may prove to be the same with states, with the lowered risk of sending soldiers into harm’s way making leaders more cavalier about when and where they use force.
Indeed, the US military has already carried out more drone strikes into Pakistan (over 50 in the last year) than it did with manned bombers during the opening round of the Kosovo War, but unlike that conflict, its legislature had no debates and its media barely covers the operation. The reason is that the strikes are viewed as riskless.

Conclusion

The Middle East is such a dynamic region that many lament that there is little that can be predicted with accuracy. But when it comes to weapons and technology, there is one certainty: In the coming years, unmanned systems of greater and greater sophistication will be used in the region in greater and greater numbers. The robotics revolution is at hand ...

business as usual is the picture being painted by this think-tank paper,
the DARPA press releases are also another source of numbing the public sensibility

just my POV

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

ACE is a good term. I dont recall ever hearing the keynote 'frontmen' of the movement use it. Ben Goerztel uses AGI mostly so I usually use that. Not much on Google. If you could get some names of programs or systems that would be

I tried to make contact to get some additional information but he has not responded to my emails, and the phone number I had for him is no longer in service. Hopefully he responds soon.

One thing he did mention was "Area 51" and the term "Black Gold" in association with an early AI project in the mid 1980s. Spoke of an underground vault located beneath one of the hangers and tunnels that had multiple checkpoints to reach it.

If I find anything else out I will let you know.

Keep up the good work!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I appreciate your appreciation

TWYS was meant to be a look into it, whereas iXo was a look from within.

The 'interface' parts in between each chapter was an interactive show that I had recorded myself using when I first encountered it, at the iXo section of the DARPA website. About 9 months later I went back and noticed it gone and remembered recording it which was the genesis of the film. Later they put the display back on their site. Checked back about a year ago and they had removed the entire iXo 'office', or rather annexed it into the IPTO office. iXo was geared around "Information Exploitation", and IPTO is all of their AI skynet type stuff. They decided to disappear the iXo office, so now if you browse the site the iXo premise of the film isn't readily noticable, it turns out today.

Sometime semi-recently I noticed some sort of mentioning about that same sandstorm. I remembered watching it on the news, live, while playing Command & Conquer YR online. Honestly it looked to me like it was slowing US down more than hurting Hussein's defence, from what I recall. I also recall Fox News showing a fake report (with video) of supposed ball bearing filled suicide bomber vests, I think it was 2 cache's of them, but I've never seen any bit of discussion or basis of it since.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Anything "artificial" that is self aware, has the ability to reason and the ability to know what death is would be a wild leap of technological faith. Before I believe we have anything capable of doing that other than a human, I would need hard evidence sitting in front of me.

The human brain is the ideal super computer.

Saying I heard from a friend of a friend of a dude who was cousin's with someone who overheard the coversation of someone who works at area 51 for the super duper double dark star gold project.....well, that's just not common conversation material now is it?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

Saying I heard from a friend of a friend of a dude who was cousin's with someone who overheard the coversation of someone who works at area 51 for the super duper double dark star gold project.....well, that's just not common conversation material now is it?

If there was "hard evidence" then it wouldn't be a conspiracy theory, it would be in textbooks. Also, those who have such clearances are not only unable to provide "hard evidence" due to their oath, and the danger it would pose to themselves and their families, but also due to the fact that security is tight in such facilities.

The best we can hope for is a reliable witness sharing some relatively vague insider details. Until disclosure of ultra advanced black technologies is released it will be nothing more than theoretical hearsay.

If you really want to see the hard evidence for yourself then I would suggest you obtain a degree in the engineering fields and apply for a job with one of the major defense contractors. Once you have established yourself as a hard worker that can be trusted and obtain your Top Secret Clearance you will begin to see the curtains removed as you work with technologies that make the things we see in Sci-Fi movies look primitive.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If time travel and Paralell universe were real do you think any of us would have any free time from harassment by every man throughout the infinity of time with a god complex.

I believe this proves such things to be false.

Although i do believe your right about pandoras box.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Interesting topic. Linking somewhat with one of the items in your list, Global Weather Control, you may find the document entitled:
Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025 published by the US Military to be very interesting (if you have not already read it).

I was asking some other questions about this document but it may be relevant to this discussion.
Link

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

...or we get someone who says all that stuff just to make it look like they are on the inside and have the latest information. Everyone wants to feel important.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join