It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, Help I am hooked on surviving disaster series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am hooked I have watched every episode. Its like candy. My excuses are , I guess I like to watch it because, I am a thinker and maybe I have mist something that I can learn, heck this guys suppose to be a expert???
Really thats what I am told ( fell for it) have not checked him out.
Other excuses- Its this or Fox news, this or andy griffith, its packed with action.
No- tonight I found that my DVR stopped recording 1/2 way through the nuclear attack episode and I came unglued. I have tried to find it on youtube heck anywhere and cant. Then I thought what the hhh am I doing are things getting so bad I look forward to this sh--? I say yes! What is on tv that is any good anymore? I have no real defence. This show is full of disinformation unless you are in that exact location, distance of the event so on and so on, but I like to see what I feel are the mistakes too! (Humble)
Is it life like? Past episodes -Do I really think my chances of being gunned down in a mall are pretty good? or being on a airplane thats taken over by terrorists?
What the heck! No matter what my mind reasons left to right. I think UMMM, I still want to see the last 1/2 of this episode darnit! Please no insulting comments I have obviously insulted myself enough. I need kind support and the episode, alls I want right now is to watch it , eat ice cream and pray that the economy dosent fail. I have reverted back to childhood for tonight atleast.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by saralee]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I just watched the (mall shooting episode) tonight, online! I kept thinking; would I really know how to use an AK-47 even if I could take down a terrorist and get it from him? Not to mention taking one out (head shot, no less) in one shot?

It's a fun show and really interesting to learn some of the "military" type strategies/ambushes and whatnot, but I try to take it with a bit of - um - a realistic viewpoint, I guess.

ETA: don't have a t.v. so I'm always days behind, will have to wait until tomorrow for tonight's show

[edit on 21-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I just saw it for the first time tonight.
I kind of felt like doesn’t every one know this stuff already. I would have hot wired the car differently. I think I would have also put on the door of the building , 9 supermodels that need decontaminating. I think that might have upped my odds of being rescued.
Remember the pointy part of the staples face the out side. I thought that was funny, it’s a nuclear holocaust but remember the staples. In that situation I would just be happy I didn’t have to staple the clear plastic to my face. I liked that mask though that was neat

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plasma applicator
I just saw it for the first time tonight.
I kind of felt like doesn’t every one know this stuff already. I would have hot wired the car differently. I think I would have also put on the door of the building , 9 supermodels that need decontaminating. I think that might have upped my odds of being rescued.
Remember the pointy part of the staples face the out side. I thought that was funny, it’s a nuclear holocaust but remember the staples. In that situation I would just be happy I didn’t have to staple the clear plastic to my face. I liked that mask though that was neat

I did not get to laugh at the staple part. What kind of mask did he have?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Yeahh I too thought it was nothing new really, its all common sense or something you can find in the basic army manual for any country or example the avalance, I have a long-term skiing thing that has the exact information in it... so I know where he got it...

I thought the mall shooting was 100% common sense, just the tension that keep you watching it... btw using a Kalashnikova is extremely easy other than your issue rifle it is often the first they train you on, because it is used worldwide and is so simplistic, as Lord of War put it 'so easy a child can use it, and they do'

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Though the recent television shows clambering for shock and awe never stops amazing me, the show in guideline would be somethng interesting, though I think that they are feeding on the fear of the people just the same.

Being calm and level headed in ANY scinerio is the best place to start. But I have a feeling that good military books as well as some common sense would help you survive most situation.

But seeings how there are a great many people in the population that have never thought about how to survive this or that... Perhaps a show about it might be a way to wet one's appetite... Then they can go to ATS' Survival threads.

top topics

join