It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Cap and Trade" a straight up scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We have to pay some kind of climate change tax for our activities. They, (overlords) will take the tax or fee and use it in the correct fashion. In this case it is to help the third world nations somehow.

Is this kind of like some rip off charity that collects money and only pays out about 5% of what it takes in?

A thousand points of light, a million points of light, a billion points of light.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

I knew it was a scam from the moment that I found out the person who started, owns, and benefits the most from a website selling carbon credits is none other than Al Gore.

Everything else should fall into place from there, yes?

Follow the money... first question of every GOOD detective should be, "who benefits?"

That'd be your criminal.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Follow the money... first question of every GOOD detective should be, "who benefits?"

That'd be your criminal.

Bingo, Jomina. You hit it on the nail.

The cap-n-trade scam is total BS. BS!

If implemented, it would lead to another massive bubble with which the damn elites can scam even more money from the rest of the world. Europe already does have a cap-n-trade scam going on and guess what? It led to NO reductions to pollution...but it did lead to higher costs for energy.

Total scam. Bastid elites!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Cap and Trade will do little to reduce CO2.

It just moves the problem ether overseas or makes the public pay the tax and not the companies that make the CO2.

That means that its just a tax scam.

It also hurts companies that make goods in the US because they are trapped
by not having any control over where they get power to run there operations and with the economy the way it is no money to go to alternative power systems.

This will mean more Chinese c**p made without any control over there CO2 out put.

The US needs to put a cap and trade TAX on all imports made by foreign companies that make products with high CO2 power systems.

I also believe that the C&T tax will not be fairly placed on all companies in the US and the Democrats will find a way to reward any company that supports there cause and will use the TAX to punish any companies that opposes there polices.

I see a lot of court cases over this C&T tax when the democrats use it to punish companies they don't like and cause a unfair trade condition.

I also see a lot of scam offsets run by companies that will trade "clean" energy to companies for tax saving by the companies that buy into the scams.
I also see a lot of fly by night companies that will sell products that claim to reduce CO2 output but do nothings in the end.

The government also needs to regulate the charges that power companies charge companies to transmit power over there lines.

If a company wants to build a solar or wind power plant in the desert to supply power for there business in a city the power companies can charge any thing they want for the company to use there lines and some are allready charging 20 to 30% plus some of these same power companies are scamming the state by claiming that clean power as part of there system.

I know of one big company on the east coast that wants to build a wind and solar plant in Nevada to offset there CO2 at a factory in the east coast but the electric grid does not connect between Nevada and there plant on the east coast so they can not 'send" the power to there plant but they want to take the credit and not pay the C&T Tax.
www.eere.energy.gov...

the real joke is Texas can leave the US without any problems because they have there OWN power system independent of the rest of the US.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie
We have to pay some kind of climate change tax for our activities. They, (overlords) will take the tax or fee and use it in the correct fashion. In this case it is to help the third world nations somehow.

Is this kind of like some rip off charity that collects money and only pays out about 5% of what it takes in?

A thousand points of light, a million points of light, a billion points of light.

of course it is....all it does is make a few elite rich...like al gore who trades carbon credits...just another way to rob us all blind...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Much as I loathe the man, it's a bit unfair to pin this C&T on Obama and the democrats. This has been years in the making, since long before anyone ever heard of Obama.
I still think it was Gore's pay-off for throwing the 2000 election, depite the evidence of widespread vote fraud.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Cap and Trade is more than just the largest tax increase in human history.

It is the largest expansion in government ever!

Just the implementation of federal building codes and inspectors.
One part of this, every village, town, city or metropolitan area will need to hire and train the inspectors. What will they be inspecting? Well, if you want to sell your house you will have to upgrade it to the new codes. Where do they get the new codes? You guessed it, California, the most draconian code system in the US. What, you do not have earthquakes in Ohio? Well too bad, you will be building your homes to earthquake specs. Never hear about the fire sprinkler systems they now require in California. Too bad, just because it costs $20,000 to retrofit a house, does not mean crappola to the federal government.

So if you live in an area that the average price for a small 1100 sq ft basic home goes for the low asking price of $94,500. With the upgrade retrofit, which will cost in the neighborhood of 50k, home prices will rise 50%.

Oh how I want the revolution to begin.

See one of their sneaky ass ways of screwing us again.

new topics

top topics

join