It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influence of Avatars and Images: are you affected?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Don't tease - Tell us, we want to hear

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Mine is of a photo which my father had taken while traveling around the world. I use it because I like it a lot and it is unique as it was captured by my father.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I chose my current avatar for 2 reasons:
1. Its me with 2 sexy chicks at a sci fi convention
2. I created the demotivational poster because I can poke fun at myself and if anyone else gets a chuckle then great
Its just a fun avatar, nothing more

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I wouldn't want to hijack the thread.

But I will say this. I went looking for crazy. Then crazy came looking for me. Only problem is your not supposed to photograph crazy. Guess that rules out insanity eh?

Do an all powerful spirit being a little favor and it's like I'm a saint or something.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I picked mine because of where I go on the forum this is how most people are.. Either right or right... there is never any wrong, so I put this avatar up to display what i feel about alot of people I run into on this forum..

Yes it is I also..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
My avatar is Queen Anna from V!! I think she is showing everyone what to do when you see the dentist, to remind everyone about dental hygiene!
edit on (11/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

That avatar does send a message, I wonder if the reader is receiving the same message you think you are sending?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I always liked the Lady Skadi Avatar. Something about the pose and the general ambiance projects an image of somebody who has seen more than enough BS in her time and will not be putting up with anymore today, thankyouverymuch. To me, it evidences a kind of subtle, sardonic and muted "eyeroll" response to the world, a form of intelligence which is more than appropriate for this site.

edit on 9/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
There is someone here with an Av pic, of what appears to be a starving ferel Kitten, rubbing up against someone's foot in a rugged looking boot. This picture has really disturbed me, because I get a menacing feeling from it, like the boot-wearer is gonna do something like kick the baby.
Some Avs get in my head and make me sleepless and distraught, so I hope people --know-- how others are going to see their Av.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I guess it all depends on what they get from it! What do you get from my avatar?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I find that my avatar changes the way people respond and treat me.

Avatars I have used which have illicited aggression in others are:

Topless Spock and kirk hugging
Zombie snowhite
Karl Mark - but with a funny caption "your mother is like my politics - every worker gets a share". I didn't believe in the politics- thought it was funny and had to change it within two day after being attacked by Americans mainly. Didnt matter what I was contributing to the thread - the responses were all about my avatar.

So I generally now choose my avatars so they convey a convivial nature- just enough quirkiness, just enough humour...little focus on trying to gain sexual attention from males on the site.

it's just enough to convey individuality yet slip quietly under the radar.

It's definitely been chosen to illicit a deliberate response in others to ensure that I can be heard (metaphorically).

So yes, my avatar is about positioning and it's about gaining a more subtle response from my peer group.

edit on 7-9-2011 by stellify because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
hmmmm....avatar....i change it every so often....but this one i have had for awhile as it is a bit confrontational....what is in it....a change in the essence of being...a transformation anew...a change from the the existance of the human form into the realm of the evil within......moving form the glory of man to the hands of the dark prince.....the face of the antichrist.....

the charge of the faith in mankind....

okay okay....it looks

but it is what is in the name that is important

Please Let Us Be Enlightened.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

LOL I thought she was yawning. OT Mine is just related to the STARZ STARZ STARZ******* I like STARZ
I also acknowledge Alpha & Omega hence the sign below the celestial sphere. In the past I have had different attitudes and have made my avatars related from Dragons to Mer Ka BA to ALPHA & OMEGA my last gold avatar to what it is now. There are some that are alarming with strange baby stuff but they know who they are..
edit on 9/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Your analysis is good, that is largely why I like that painting...
It evokes a message I easily identify with.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Damn, such profound replies.

Mine is simple. I like the Legend of Zelda games.

I could always make up something about how the Triforce represents the qualities of the human psyche though if you wish.

I would've had a hand doing the devil horns because I'm a metalhead but then some ignorant, dopey member would try to claim I'm an Illuminati member or some ish so thought not.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join