It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown warns of 'catastrophe' without Copenhagen climate deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Brown warns of 'catastrophe' without Copenhagen climate deal

www.timesonline.co.uk

He also told the forum, which is gathered in London for a second day of talks, that he believes a deal in Copenhagen is possible, but with fewer than 50 days to go governments were not making progress quickly enough.

Mr Brown called on world leaders to work together directly to achieve a deal that sets out binding targets for rich countries to cut their emissions, action by developing nations and finance to help the poorest countries cope with the impact of climate change.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Gordon Brown addresses a joint session of Congress www.youtube.com
H.R. 2454 Climate Change Bill www.govtrack.us

UNFCCC website www.facebook.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WARNING! A treaty creating a One World Government is going to be signed in December !

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The propaganda has kicked into full gear.

We are being told by world leaders that we have only 50 days to save the future of mankind.

The Coppenhagen meeting deal is a Treaty drawn up by the UN's Framework for Climate Change Convention (FCCC). This Treaty will create a Global greenhouse emmissions Tax on big countries and supposedly siphon that to less wealthy leaders of poor countries.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Fixed UNFCCC website
unfccc.int...

Treaty Text as of October 2009
unfccc.int...

Obama at the UN on Climate Change and Humanity
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I guess I can quote myself from another thread in a different area...

"The scope of the Treaty is the development of a world wide system of carbon-based debt by "developed countries" to the "developing countries" who are not yet able to contribute to climate change. All that while "maintaining sustainable agriculture", "enableing long-term economic growth" and it will even go so far as to "ensuring the survival of all countries."

2/3 of the Senate's vote must take precedent of the President ratifying a treaty. Obama believes that global warming is an irreversable threat to"future generations" and must be confronted by this generation, "boldly, swiftly and together."

Are we to believe the Senate will decide weather to curse mankind to catastrophy, or grant us all salvation? ... Read More

Gordon Brown says om nom nom

Gordon Brown adresses a Joint Session of Congress.
It gets interesting at 17:00 but skip to 20:23 and you get a good hose-down.
www.youtube.com...

Gordon Brown puts a 100bn dollar price tag on climate "adaptation"
www.guardian.co.uk...

So what does the senate believe?

Well, back in June, the house passed 219-212 the...

$$$$ H.R. 2454: American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009$$$$.

The Bill places a value added emission tax on big utility companies who would then pass the expense on to the commercial and residential consumer. The Senate has yet to place a vote.

And now we have Pelosi and Biden campainging for another stimulous bill, which we can't pay for.

Looks to me we are getting shafted much harder than usual these days."

[edit on 20-10-2009 by 16grit]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Heres a bit of the treaty text:

from page 10. pararaph 18:

First we have this idea of which is...

"...a shared vision for actively promoting sustainable community-based ecosystem management...to enable sustainable economic development."

...all fine and dandy. And this is to be funded how?

By...

"Developing country Parties lacking sufficient capacity to respond to the challenges of climate change require access to resources in a timely sustained and cooperative manner...financing, technology transfer and compensation must be provided by developed countries to address the full costs of adaptation in developing countries..."

...taxing the hell out of "developed counrties" for the benefit of the Investors.

So, what if our markets are closing down and we can't pay our existing bills and people are losing jobs and are homeless and its still getting worse?

According to the Parties(yea, now the world countries have a pronoun, suckuh),...
from page 10. paragraph 20.

"In order to fulfill this shared vsion,Parties have agreed to establish a coherant, cohesive and integrated system of financial and technology transfer mechanisms under the Convention and a follow up/compliance mechanism. These institutions are robust and effective"

And that system is?
from paragraph 21.

"....and ensuring that global crises, such as the financial crisis, should not constitute an obtacle to the provision of financial and technical assistance to developing countries ..."

Seriously though, so far all I learned is that my country, sorry, Party picks up the tab no matter what?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Brown's dramatic use of the word "catastrophe" is nothing more than political rhetorical bullying (example GWB43's Czar ?Paulson name? who used the same tactic to push all sorts of shenanigans on congress last Fall which worked so well that SCARED congressmen voted FOR TARP while 99% of the letters and emails from constituents clearly said vote "NO").

What bothers me though, it's all hamstrung up in Copenhagen ... and DENMARK is the one (of three) who actually MELTED the North Pole for their own gain (both in land and oil rights). See 2007. Denmark BOMBED holes in the North Pole as deep as 16 and one half feet, used huge ice-breaker barges to cut a river through the ice ... etc. etc. all in a selfish attempt to map more "continental" shelf for themselves. It started with a UN mandate that had a deadline ... and countries such as Canada, Russia and mostly Denmark had to stake their final claims by a certain date (now past). After stakes were claimed, they could then use their area exclusively for oil drilling.

Anybody who has ever defrosted a LARGE freezer with 20 years worth of ice buildup can recognize the implications of bombing holes through the permafrost and cutting paths through the permafrost with ice-busters will dramatically speed up the defrosting time.

Pity, a NWO case of the wolf guarding the henhouse as usual.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The wolf has always guarded the henhouse. Its just that now, the FCCC is going to increase the power of the UN to take everyone's money and give it to "the poor" without any oversight involvement. The Coppenhagen Treaty seeks to be the CURE ALL of Climate Change.

Besides the greenhouse gas debt system, what sort of actions do you think will take place at the subnational level?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 16grit

Personally, in my never been humble opinion, I think the whole schmuck WILL be passed with Obama's blessing.

On a lower levels, I think the whole system of carbon credits is as much silly schmuck as believing the Federal Reserve has assets to cover all the money it issues. The winners will be the richest companies as they'll continue to pollute and merely add their added costs to the final product price. Companies that have credits to sell will obviously be so small that the paperwork might not even be worth the hassel. It's just another Big Boy's game of Spin the Roulette Wheel and let's "Redistribute the Wealth".

All-in-All, it won't make a hare's bit of difference in pollution! Not one bit! This isn't the way to cut pollution.

And I re-iterate, it still seems like a good diversionary tactic ... let's not notice global warming MIGHT have been created by ice-crushers removing the Earth's built-in "air conditioner".

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thank you 16grit for this thread.. to me this is an extremely important topic that has sinister undertones that is lurking under the guise of 'doing the right thing' - I would like to hear more about this and understand the full implications of this treaty as Lord Monkton has already alluded to.. I suspect this will be barely mentioned in the MSM and will be ratified before anyone actually knows anything about it..

The chess pieces definitely feel like they are moving into place for check mate...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It seems to me that world leaders have taken Obama's lead and are united on at least one front: threatening the masses with total destruction should we not do as they say.

It's getting ridiculous.

The stimulus bill had to be rammed down our throats -- or else the entire financial system in the US would topple....

Climate treaty has to be signed now -- or else all of mankind is destined to be destroyed by global warming.

Healthcare has to passed now -- or else millions of Americans will die from lack of insurance and the US will go under due to increasing medical costs.

Swine flu vaccine has to be developed immediately -- grant immunity, throw money at it, forget testing -- if we don't have the vaccine NOW we willl all surely die from Swine flu.

Auto company bailout -- the entire US economy is riding on the ability of our auto industry to survive -- give them the money NOW!

The fact that global warming is being lumped together with all of the other near-miss crises of late makes me think that "we the people" are just going to be sucked dry until we have nothing left.

The biggest problem, in my opinion, of passing this legislation is that it is not at all specific and leaves open the possibility of incorporating taxes, fees, fines, expenses, to almost anything that could possibly do with the environment.

As fas as I'm concerned, this legislation is nothing more than a gateway bill: it will allow governments all over the world to take as much money as they want to "fix the problem".

Everything we do affects the environment one way or another. From what we drive, to what we eat, to what type of windows we have in our houses -- it can all be connected to the environment.

Further, it will potentially also give the government the ability to control what businesses fail and what businesses succeed. Can't you see companies lined up at the White House lobbying to either pass or reject certain aspects of this bill based solely on how it's going to affect their bottom line?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well this will give all the unemployed something to do.

With no jobs, why not be a beaucratic enforcer with no independent thinking (b/c that's against protocol) and tell all the people that don't work for the state how to live their live. That's what this country was founded on right?...

Goldman Sacks and JP Morgana are the only people making any money, and these are the guys that we are going to pay for our carbon credits.

Why don't we join the IMF and the Federal Reserve as one super-regualtory, Beef Supreme juggernaut, and put them in charge. Oh yeah, Obama's already trying to do that. Then maybe they'll tax us for breathing.

All this centralism will come and go. They might even get this passed and enforced for a little while, but it will only speed up their demise.

CO2 is one of the building blocks of life fact.. Along with oxygen, this is what plants breathe, and is around 375-400 parts per million in our atmosphere. From wiki, CO2 is a trace gas being only 0.038% of the atmosphere and has been found at 4 times its current levels.

I know humanity is retarted and slow to change, but 60 days till catastrophe is only going to turn more people off. Brown's just jealous of Obama's Peice of ...... Prize and is trying to showboat being as ridiculous.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by wylee]

[edit on 21-10-2009 by wylee]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yes, the UK has put out a series of ads about CO2 actually warning about severe earth changes with land masses submerged. But they've been building those bases since 1983, and I have a thread about the two known processes and what we could be facing:
www.abovetopsecret.com... I included these most recent announcements in it, one of my friends lives in the UK and has sent me some of this information, and she's also aware that the UK is one of the areas that will most likely be submerged unless we push strongly for DISCLOSURE.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I can say for myself, I am more afraid of the world of debt and poverty the --policies you outlined would create. This is going to be a large ammount of money funneled to the World Bank to be spent "adapting" the entire world as it sees fit.

Gordon Brown estimates $100 million from every "deloped country" which is likely to mean the G20 countries.

Remember the G20 meating late September?

Pittsburg, PN was the venue to discuss your Nuclear Proliferation, Climate Change and...

We delivered a concerted fiscal response worth in total

We must continue to implement our financial support
measures and expansionary monetary and fiscal policies
until recovery is secured

www.pittsburghsummit.gov...

That's why Congress whored itself and passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan early 2009 which was good to the Banks. It opened the doors to the Teasury further than the 08 TARP allowed. What was that noise? It was just the Group of 20 Nations collectively draining money into the Banks.

This plan to change the world to save the world was being set up long ago.

BUMP!

[edit on 21-10-2009 by 16grit]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 16grit

have these guys figured out yet how to stop the global warming on mars, pluto etc after we have "saved the world"??

These planets are getting hotter as well.

*rolls eyes*

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The issues we have presented have nothing to do with the GHG debate.

We are taking a look at the policies which arise from the fear of man-made GHGs.

I beg your pardon, but I withhold my opinion on man-made GHG's and whether or not affirmative action decides the fate of billions of people.

Back on Topic Please^^

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 16grit

Fair enough, I was mocking Mr. Brown and his idea that if we don't act now mankind will be doomed.

IMHO it's a crock/scam for our tax money.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
An effort to discect the UNFCCC Coppenhagen Treaty is takingplace elsewhere on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Whenever someone uses fear to rush people into action I question the agenda. It was done with Iraq, it was done with various stimulus around the world and it's being done with climate change. I'm not anti-green but fear should not be used to rush people into decision making. Careful level headed planning and strategy is needed. Any climate deal needs to be about saving the environment, not taking money from the hands of the many and putting it in the hands of the few. Corruption will almost certainly do that if forcing people to part with their money is a major component of the deal.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by 4ortunate1]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The real question is, what are ordinary citizens in any country going to do when their leaders are meeting together to decide our collective fates without actually considering our billions of opinions on the state of the world?

Sadly, the answer is becoming "nothing" as time continues to pass.

Globally, much like in America, there is no democracy.

new topics

top topics

join