It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Spies on Capitol Hill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Q Is the President aware of the Republicans on Capitol Hill that are calling for an investigation, saying that there have been Muslim spies planted as interns on Capitol Hill, and obviously they have not produced any proof of this, but this has been an issue that's gaining some traction on the Republican side --

MR. GIBBS: I have not heard the President talk about this, nor have I discussed it with him.

Q -- White House at all?

MR. GIBBS: I have not heard anybody here talking about it.

Thanks, guys.

www.whitehouse.gov...

In an unusual announcement this morning, four conservative Republicans — Reps. John Shadegg (Ariz.), Paul Broun (Ga.), Trent Franks (Ariz.) and Sue Myrick (N.C.) — formally asked the House Sergeant at Arms to launch an investigation of the Center for American-Islamic Relations. They accused CAIR, a non profit group, of trying to infiltrate Capitol Hill with interns and staffers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.politico.com...

Interesting. I wonder if it is true. There must be a reason that these four decided to ask the House Sergeant at Arms to launch an investigation.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It's possible, it's not totally out there. I mean they managed to get their terrorists pilots licenses for 9/11. A little out there, but better safe than sorry. Certainly enough libs that might hand out scholarships and what nots, to muslim students because they felt they were mistreated.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is the equivalent of the Dr. Strangelove scene where pictures of the "Big Board" were being taken. Is this what things have come too
?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It seems to me like McCarthyism. Paranoia reaching the hill seeing the enemy at the gates when there is no evidence (as of yet) to.

With all that this country is going through the last thing we as a society need is our leaders acting paranoid. The divisions in our government are starting to rend the country asunder.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I sort of understand the twisted logic:

1) Barack Obama is "secretly" a Muslim.

2) His whole purpose in life is to declare Holy Jihad on the United States and destroy the country that elected him.

3) He has personal contact with every single Muslim in the country.

4) Every single Muslim in the country is a terrorist spy.

4) Obama has been personally seeing to it that select Muslims are being hired as "go-fers" on Capitol Hill.

5). From there the interns conduct elaborate espionage operations and pass on the information to Al Qaeda. For instance, they learn exactly what's in the five proposed health care bills and communicate them to their masters.

6). Barack Obama succeeds in his secret mission.

Sure. Makes about as much sense as most of the paranoia on the internet.

Interesting, though, that interns of ANY other religious faith are not even being questioned.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What do the honorable Senators think about AIPAC and the fact that the US govt is already heavily infiltrated by Israel? We don't hear a peep from the honorable Senators... Makes me wonder...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Muslim spies? Oh, I'm quite certain there are! I'm just as certain there's lots of Christian spies, no shortage of jewish spies, several Sikh and Hindu spies would be no surprise, and I'm sure there's a whole contengent of "officially atheist" spies.

Spies come in all flavors, after all!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It seems to me like McCarthyism. Paranoia reaching the hill seeing the enemy at the gates when there is no evidence (as of yet) to.

With all that this country is going through the last thing we as a society need is our leaders acting paranoid. The divisions in our government are starting to rend the country asunder.

Absolutely agreed! Well said!

It also smacks of desperation on part of the GOP. When one does not have a foundation to stand on to be heard, and one does not have anything legitimate with which to argue their position, or even to sling towards their opponent(s), the last and final act of desperation is throw feces at the wall and hope that some of it sticks.

Everyday I may become more disillusioned with the Democratic Party, but I become even more disillusioned with the Republican Party for resorting to such infantile acts of desperation to get attention, even if it is negative attention. The Democrats might be idiots and hypocrites, but the Republicans are acting no better than a 3 year old child throwing a tantrum and attempting to blame it on their little infant brother.

After months and months of the same baseless accusations being levied as if they are factual, it is time that the Republican Party put up or shut up. If the Republican Party truly believes that they have credible evidence that there are Muslim Spies on Capitol Hill, then show us the evidence. Casting suspicion and doubt through rumour-mongering when you really have no leg to stand on is worse than teenage girls attacking each other with baseless gossip behind each others backs. Present the evidence or put a sock in it. We're tired of one desperate Witch Hunt after another.

Besides, most of us learned from the McCarthy Era. And those of us who didn't learned from the War on Terror. We aren't going to go on another Snipe Hunt for something that doesn't exist.

The Witch-Hunts are

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Perhaps with the help of CAIR.

Heard of them? Stands for Council on American-Islamic Relations and supposedly functions like a muslim anti-defamation group. However, when you take a look at the tactics they use - intimidation, extortion, blackmail, and other related threats to silence their critics, plus their ties to known terrorists and terrorist groups, maybe this is what is behind the whole issue.

Take a look at this article

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is demanding that the Air Force Academy alter a panel of speakers slated for a terrorist symposium this week, saying it's an unbalanced presentation dominated by anti-Muslim speakers. But recently, and for at least the third time, federal prosecutors have called out CAIR as part of a covert Muslim Brotherhood effort in the United States. First, CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Hamas-support trial of the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (HLF). CAIR was listed among "entities who are and/or were members of the US Muslim Brotherhood's Palestine Committee." Then, when the group petitioned to remove its name from that list, prosecutors said such relief "will not prevent its conspiratorial involvement with HLF, and others affiliated with Hamas, from becoming a matter of public record."

Now, in a federal court filing from December, federal prosecutors have described CAIR as "having conspired with other affiliates of the Muslim Brotherhood to support terrorists." The government also stated that "proof that the conspirators used deception to conceal from the American public their connections to terrorists was introduced" in the Dallas Holy Land Foundation trial last year and the Chicago trial of the Hamas men in 2006.

Desperation on the part of the GOP? Better look again ...

[edit on 10/21/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I am far less concerned with CAIR and as yet unconfirmed and baseless allegations than with AIPAC and the Mossad. Check this out
Or this

Now, I do not know the history of that particular site but they did have the time line I was looking for which is accurate you can google any allegation listed and find information.

What would occur if a few Senators got together and made the same allegations against the hiring of Christian, Jewish, Black, Mexican, etc workers? I know, it would be all over media, those evil bigots. I'm not neither an Arab nor a Muslim, but one doesn't have to be to the the hypocrisy of this situation.

top topics

join