It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Real" Lunar Anomaly - Knock Yourself Out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Back in the early '80s when I got interested in the nascent lunar anomalies fad I acquired several NASA pictorial publications including the big and heavy (9 pounds!) LUNAR ORBITER PHOTOGRAPHIC ATLAS OF THE MOON. Another one was APOLLO OVER THE MOON: A VIEW FROM ORBIT (NASA SP-362).

What was driving me was that I had acquired 2 books that were catching on. One was George H. Leonard's "SOMEBODY ELSE IS ON THE MOON" and Fred Steckling's "WE DISCOVERED ALIEN BASES ON THE MOON." The photos in Leonard's book were better reproduced than Steckling's but the detail to convince was lacking and Steckling's photo reproduction was a joke. So I needed high resolution photos to verify their findings, or not, and the NASA books were as good as it got short of ordering photos and slides from NASA.

None of the claimed structures and artifacts claimed in the 2 books' photos could be seen in the higher resolution photos but looking through every inch of every photo (the ATLAS has over 600 large photos) over and over resulted in my finding not real anomalies but interesting images such as the one I'm about to "reveal."

What I found is what resembles a "sickle" but not as in the classic image of a "hammer and sickle." If you take a bar of thin metal, long and narrow, and you bend it twice and attach a handle, this is what my "anomaly" looks like. You're wetting your whistle, I bet.

Okay, here is the link. The photo is AS15-2076 (M) and the NASA book is "APOLLO OVER THE MOON: A VIEW FROM ORBIT" (NASA SP-362), FIGURE 199, page 191: history.nasa.gov... Scroll down to FIGURE 199.

The b&w photo shows craters Delisle and Diophantus. Delisle is the one we want and it's at top right. While you can blow up the photo it's better if you save it and use your Windows Picture and Fax Viewer as this will allow you to magnify the photo beyond mondo. But whatever you have it'll make the "anomaly" stand out better. I clicked on the + 7 times and that "sickle" really stands out!

Look at crater Delisle where 7pm is on a clock face. You should see it immediately. But the more you blow up that area the clearer it becomes. Even if you don't see a "sickle" because the handle is not that clear, the shape of bent "metal" in a squarish C shape even with a "glint" is eye-popping.

Fun?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"Real"?

So all the other anomaly's found by people are fake? This one is real though because YOU found it?

I also have no clue what you're talking about. It would be very nice if you would learn how to upload images so we can get a better idea of what to look for.

For I believe the 5th time now, I offer that help to you:

Tutorial: How to use the My Pictures section

or you can follow this small guide:

Click on the members tools button towards the top of the page. In the menu click on My Pictures. If you don't have an account, create one. Otherwise, log-in.

On the left under where it says My Account, click on Upload / Change Photos. Now click on Upload Photo.

You get a page where you can put in a caption and a description (both are optional I believe). There's a Browse button under Upload Photo. Click on it.

Locate the image on your computer. Double click on it then click on Add Photo!

You photo is now uploaded. Simply click on it and you have some options located under the image. If you'd like to post it in the thread, copy the code located in the box under Embed on ATS and then paste that code into thread and you get this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb1efcf5cfbb.jpg[/atsimg]

If the image is too big it will appear cut-off. Simply remove the letters ats from the part of the image code that says atsimg and /atsimg and then it will add scroll bars to the image.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So you are suggesting that there were Giant Lifeforms farming the moon? I am not trying to come off as rude but the shear size of that "sickle" would be ENOURMOUS.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'll be a nice guy and post the image

I'll even circle what you're talking about so people know what to look for:

[edit on 20-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It looks like a mall ledge to me.

What does the area between the bar and the lip of the crater look like to you?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I actually see all kinds of stuff in that crater and towards the lower left of the image.

I won't point them out though. I'll just say what they resemble. Large smoke stacks like you'd see at a nuclear power plant and a pyramid. Among other things.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Why is your subject: A "real" Lunar Anomaly... when you say

resulted in my finding not real anomalies but interesting images

Seems misleading.

I see a Z in there, which I suspect is erosion. If your referring to the dark U next to my Z. I suspect those are shadows off a cliff. Much like at 5:00 (on a clock face).

But, it looks like the aliens are peaceful. Note the easily recognized hand signal for "Peace" between 1:00 - 5:00. (Gansta Style even)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
I actually see all kinds of stuff in that crater and towards the lower left of the image.

I won't point them out though. I'll just say what they resemble. Large smoke stacks like you'd see at a nuclear power plant and a pyramid. Among other things.

Yes that's what I thought as well. Very intriguing and it looks like a huge structure with a curving wall shaped like a sickle and the main structure to the right with towers etc.

Great find Ed thanks again.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It looks like an enormous balcony on an equally enormous building. Anyone got any good, good really hi res pics, the ones that make the computer sweat when you open them? More detail is needed.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
interesting find. it seems to take on a different look when viewing it in other images ?

AS15-M-2076

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Kieth Laney Pic looks same as the one in the Op...
keithlaney.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
It looks like an enormous balcony on an equally enormous building. Anyone got any good, good really hi res pics, the ones that make the computer sweat when you open them? More detail is needed.

Try opening the very large images in the hundreds of megabytes to the 1 gigabyte range on a system with 256mb's of ram. You're system will laugh at you then call you a dumbass.

I speak from experience
I don't know what I was thinking when I did that.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that the photos in the NASA books are higher resolution than what can be seen on the Intenet due to the difference between emulsion film versus digital. So if I took a digital photo of the book's photo, even at my digicam's 6MP, chances are that when I reduced the photo to put it on the web, it would look no better than what can be seen at the site I sent you to which looks better than I originally thought.

But if you go to the website that has the digital version of my LUNAR ORBITER PHOTOGRAPHIC ATLAS OF THE MOON, my book's photo quality blows the web's version out of the water.

This sickle image is still visible which is why I brought it up here.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Try opening the very large images in the hundreds of megabytes to the 1 gigabyte range on a system with 256mb's of ram.

Been there, done that. A couple times, I was sure the computer was gonna go 'fwoomph' from trying.

My equipment only knows suffering, torment, and hard work.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The pic of the moon in question

Now... for an added treat, there's a section under that ridge that's right next to the crater. Put the square on the bottom of the lefthand part of the ridge (the bulge), and click down 9 times, and left once. The thing I am pointing out is next to 2 craters.

Honestly, it looks like a lake bed with tire tracks around it. Or a pool, with that weird ledge in there.

It's gotta be weird rock formations, but still something to see.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Hey David - thanks for helping Mr. Ed out (again). Personally, I see nothing moon-shattering in the photo in question - though our dear Mr. Lear likely disagrees...

P.S. Off-topic a sec: David are you aligned with Alienunderware? Are you using "their" CARET font and proprietary logo by permission or just having a little fun?

They sure are putting out some great new equipment, eh? See the Alienware 3D New Product Video for a very cool example of *cough* your avatar and byline in action!

Oh - and chime in on the Isaac/CARET thread - we'd love to hear from you! (have fun reading through the 432 pages of posts...)

Carry on!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

cool find ed, did u see the other guys links that showed the up-close and personal shots of the same area? looks completely different, but its from nasa so who knows, maybe they photoshopped tge whole damned thing

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

nice one.... thanks.....

com'on 'never any straight answers'.... we need close ups from the dark side..

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah same old same old this is the sum of most lunar anomalies
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a1bd06b1e25.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Hey David - thanks for helping Mr. Ed out (again). Personally, I see nothing moon-shattering in the photo in question - though our dear Mr. Lear likely disagrees...

P.S. Off-topic a sec: David are you aligned with Alienunderware? Are you using "their" CARET font and proprietary logo by permission or just having a little fun?

They sure are putting out some great new equipment, eh? See the Alienware 3D New Product Video for a very cool example of *cough* your avatar and byline in action!

Oh - and chime in on the Isaac/CARET thread - we'd love to hear from you! (have fun reading through the 432 pages of posts...)

Carry on!

I have nothing to do with Alienware personally. I just took the head from a wallpaper they have on their site (So i doubt they'd care I used it since it's there for anyone to grab) and it says ATS in the CARET font. Don't own any systems of theirs but have messed with one before. They make great systems, but a little on the pricey side IMO

I believe that whole thing was either:

A viral ad done by Alienware to promote that contest they had where you had to decode the text that used the CARET font.

A viral ad that was done for the TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The drone crafts appeared in that series a few times.

Could be a mix of both of those. Just my opinion on it. I never believed those drones were real craft. IMHO it had viral ad all over it. There was too many viral ad's going on at the time.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yeah same old same old this is the sum of most lunar anomalies
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a1bd06b1e25.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb4b69ee3c53.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join