It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the new Ghost shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
where they set up a camera and it showed a blanket moving off a bed, ... however upon analysis Steve the tech guy discovered that someone had hoaxed it using their camera

Yeah, I remember that one, they were on some government ship and blamed the service people.

I believe the ship was the Queen Mary and if I'd caught something like that, I'd have dismissed the whole ship as a tourist attraction.

It was the Queen Mary. It's a hotel. The room had two doors if you remember. The second door was like a service access door that went to the hall. The door to the room was locked, but not the other door. They thought a hotel guest messed with it. I believe they used a digital camcorder in that room. Anyone with basic electronic gadget know-how can operate one.

Honestly I wouldn't put it past a producer telling them to spice things up to keep the show interesting. Half the time they investigate they probably come across nothing. That doesn't make for good tv. That goes for all these shows.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I have to agree with you. I used to be an avid "ghost show" watcher, but now I avoid them at all costs. It seems like these days if you've seen one, you've seen them all. I love how they always make you think they're going to show some unbelievable footage, and its always a disappointment. I find it so annoying that these people are supposed to be professionals, yet they hear a leaking faucet and they scream and run. I used to go on "ghost hunts" with friends and we did encounter some very creepy things. After experiencing the real deal, watching those shows is laughable at best

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think Ghost Lab is fantastic. Discovery may have happened upon a show that is potentially superior to SyFy's Ghost Hunters.

I think Extreme Paranormal is the exact opposite: talk about a trio of stupid Bubba's trying to provoke spirits to manifest before the camera. In the last episode they actually talked one of their members into letting himself be "buried" in a coffin for the program. Don't you usually have to have at least a twelve pack of beer in you before you do stupid stuff like that?

May Extreme Paranormal die quickly.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I like Ghost Hunters the best, I have seen Paranormal State, Ghost Adventures and Ghost Lab and I enjoyed them, but I usually forget to watch them. I wish the shows would give the investigators helmet cams or shoulder cams, the actual cameramen never seem to catch whatever they see. I also would like to know how many production members are in the room with the investigators each time, but we're usually never told.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I like the new techy methods that Ghost Lab uses. But the show is so fake. It actually makes TAPS look good.

They go somewhere and have like 20 experiences in an hour. Stomping, slamming doors.

It was ridiculous. Obviously just a money generater.

Pity.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i've watched show after show, and paranormal state seems to be the only one worth anything, and half of my reasoning behind that is the funding it gets from the Penn State, and i doubt they would get that without some truth behind it. plus more often then not they seem to be indifferent as to what is going on there

extreme paranormal=full of crap. 3 d bags doing retarded things. if they are trying to be for real, they are stupid for trying those things without supervision

ghost adventurers...i personally dont like them. the few eps ive seen looked staged.

i only watched one episode of ghost hunters and it seemed like a steaming pile of crap.

but i will take a peek at ghost aventurers 7 hour thing...they wouldnt give them that amount of time "live" if the network wasnt behind something actually happening..so either they believe these guys know there stuff, or they have major things staged

and ghost lab was weak. that's my only word for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

You have got to be kidding that both of these shows are better than Paranormal State...Extreme paranormal is extremely stupid.Ghost lab while it may prove to be slightly interesting so far is doing nothing for me. Paranormal State is far,far better and much more interesting.....

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

No the company is giving Ghost Adventures (Is it Adventurers??) a live show because ghost shows are big money right now and Ghost Hunters gets good ratings with their halloween specials even though I don't recall them finding anything particularly interesting. Though I love the idea of it being live, even if "live" happens to be a delay of sorts, because you have a chance of actually seeing something that could be huge before they go to editing and any news gets to media. Of course we could also always see a hoax that fails miserably, but that's good for TV ratings too.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I was so psyched when Ghost Adventures came to Lompoc to investigate the La Purisma Mission, .... I used to volunteer there !!! and I actually kicked back in alot of the bed's that Zach laid in trying to get a response.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

after watching the live show, it seemed pretty legitimate...other then the dude with the hat and the flying device...but only he knows for sure ya know?

i was watching a web cam and noticed a shadow figure myself in the medical ward.

and on the show, when aaron and that couple were doing evps..i noticed a shadow that wasn't related to anyone in the group, and captain douche bag was down the hall and had no light behind him, plus his shadow wouldve hit a door or something and stopped there.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, I have a hard time with whether or not to believe anything I see on any of these shows. After all, they are for "Entertainment Purposes" and while I do believe that there are things paranormal in our world...I'm not 100% convinced we're going to find the best evidence on a TV show. Or any real evidence from a TV show at all, for that matter. What gets me are the people who blindly believe everything they see and just bash you personally if you say anything even slightly negative about "their" show.

However, I do faithfully DVR and watch some of these shows...even if for only the "Entertainment Value" since they are still better than much of what is on the TV nowadays. I think the fact that everyone has such different opinions of all these shows supports why we have so many of them on TV right now. Just like anything else, if everyone liked the exact same things, this would be a very boring world.

Anyway, here's my take on the ones I have watched in no particular order:

Paranormal State: I simply can't stand this show. I normally can at least watch most of the paranormal shows out there but I can't watch this show at all. Don't get me wrong...I have watched numerous episodes, enough to come to the conclusion that it is simply not a show I want to waste any small part of my life watching. If not the worst show out there in the genre, the it is surely close to the worst.

Most Haunted: Perhaps worse than Paranormal State...in fact, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it's worse. It seems so fake and just utterly ridiculous to me. I cannot sit through even one episode.

Ghost Lab: I want to like this show with their premise of using technology and "casting their electronic net". However, so far I have found the show sort of boring, kind of bland I guess. But not nearly as unwatchable as the two I mentioned previously.

Extreme Paranormal: I only caught one part of one episode, so not nearly enough to form an opinion. However, I am willing to give it a try if I remember to watch or at least tape it for later viewing.

Ghost Hunters International: I find the cast boring and for the most part very unlikeable to be honest. Otherwise it's pretty much the same as Ghost Hunters with perhaps better locations.

Ghost Hunters: Used to be my favorite. I was drawn into this type of show by them...but feel that their credibility is highly suspect now. Yes, like so many others I wanted so badly to believe what they were showing me. Especially since they "debunked" so much stuff, in the beginning at least. Now they try to pass off as evidence things they would have at one time readily debunked. Plus...I have to admit I think the whole live Halloween event last year totally destroyed them as far as any shred of credibility goes. Now they appear to just be going through the motions and not having any fun doing what they allegedly love to do.

Ghost Adventures: My new favorite of all the shows. Every episode is good for some guaranteed laughs and even a few "Wow" moments, as in "Wow if that was really real...that was incredible!" Truly a better format, a better way to do the show than Ghost Hunters, and much more entertaining (and perhaps more juvenile) talent. Don't get me wrong...I am not buying all they are selling. Some of it screams fake or at least very misguided...but for pure entertainment and watchability...this is by far the number one show for me.

Guess this goes to show that everyone has different opinions...and that's what makes the world such an interesting place.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Coach Knight

I don't agree with your comment about Paranormal State (because I think it's a pretty good show), but I do agree with your comment on Most Haunted. Most Haunted has been proven to be fake and it's extremely easy to see that it is a total hoax just to gain as many viewers as possible.

I enjoy Ghost Lab and Ghost Adventures, while Ghost Hunters has gotten tedious and Extreme Paranormal is sorta good.

I'm not sure why you hate Paranormal State, unless the show fakes every story they do, then they deserve to be off the air, but I feel good in saying it's an authentic show.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join