It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the new Ghost shows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It seems 2 new ones have arrived just before Halloween, one is Ghost Lab on Discovery, they seem to use different methods from the others, but for some bizarre reason they don't use infrared , this is beyond stupid in this day and age. They also have some patented maneuver called "era cues", they simply play old music from the period,etc. It's not really a new concept and the name, one which they repeat a zillion times per episode, sounds lame.

The other one that came out the other day was very unique, they had this guy cut his wrist to communicate with the dead and they investigated a haunted lake by having this guy dive in it.

Both shows are better than Paranormal State and a few others.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
watching Ghost Lab right now actually. It's just okay IMO. whats this other one you are talking about? is it that Ghost Story show thats 30 minutes long on the travel channel? I watched a little of that but I didnt see any cutting. I want to see that.

oh and I like Paranormal State. except Chip Coffee(sp?). I just expect to see him burst into song and dance everytime he shows up

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I watched EXTREME PARANORMAL last night, .... and it is the most retarded, over produced peice of crap I have ever seen. The dailogue and techniques are just ludicrous, ... they make stupid assumptions like " oh this ghost must be here"

I saw one part, where all three of them were in a cell, one of them hears something and goes running, and see's a shadow that only he see's. When he meets up with the other two he says " Well I thought it was one of you at first" which is so retarded, because he had left the other two to go see the noise.

The last segment, was them actually diving under a lake to try and capture paranormal activity, ... the one diving starts panicking saying there was something grabbing his leg, ... it was obviously so fake.

all gimmicks, no substance. I dont know where they found those idiots at, but they need to go back to working at carnivals.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Dude on the new Ghost Lab just got scratched , this seems like a common occurrence on shows.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I watched EXTREME PARANORMAL last night, .... and it is the most retarded, over produced peice of crap I have ever seen. something grabbing his leg, ... it was obviously so fake.

all gimmicks, no substance. I dont know where they found those idiots at, but they need to go back to working at carnivals.

That must be the other show I was referring too , some guy shed some blood and set fire to it to draw the spirits. I was entertaining I must admit, yet very over the top

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just tuned into Ghost Lab. Haven't seen it before. Hm. They have a Tesla Coil, for some reason.

I love the ghost shows and will watch them all, crap or not. lol.

So, I'm not a good critic.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I agree and I will also add that my wife and I were fans of Paranormal State. Wish that had been brought back. We liked Chip's character. he was dramatic and added a bit of color to the otherwise serious subject at hand.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Extreme Paranormal is a bit over the top I must admit. But I'm not gonna lie, i enjoyed it.

I like how they tied the occult practices into their investigations.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Killerghia

Paranormal state will be airing new episodes in December. I like that show (although a little dramatic and staged at times). I still think Ghost Hunters is the best, old school debunking and investigating.

Ghost Lab is ok, kind of a poor mans Ghost Hunters. I like how they immediately review evidence.

There is a new spinoff for Ghost Hunters coming where Steve and Tango train young ghost hunters for those who are interested.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dj Deadman

the thing with leg pull was a bust lol , how come he has a guy with camera filming him underwater and then there is shot from over the water and he panics ....

also when he was diving and "something" grabed his leg again why the pheck he didnt say a thing after screaming like a baby ... tension rises and he surfaces w/o problem but for some reasson he could not say ... im ok coming up...

As for ghost lab well its diffirent aproach than ghost hunters but is it more scientific ... Nooo its just filled with cool gadgets like big touch screen at command center etc.

overall ill be watching both but extreme paranormal just for the kicks ;p

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

True.

Now that i think of it. The occult dude told him not to leave the spirit circle and what not that if he leaves he'll be in great danger... What about the camera guy?

Now if it wasn't so fake it'd be a decent show. I say the other shows need to start tying in occult influences and practices in the investigation

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
any one watch the south park episode where they poked fun at ghost hunters? it is very new. ike is being haunted by the very recently deceased celebrities and they call in ghost hunters. even though i like ghost hunters, what the people at south park did to them was very funny!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Yeah I saw that episode, it was a little harsh, however Jason and Grant have been accused of fraud before, ..... and i distinctly remember one episode, ... where they set up a camera and it showed a blanket moving off a bed, ... however upon analysis Steve the tech guy discovered that someone had hoaxed it using their camera, .... Jason and Grant dismissed it saying there were alot of people aboard the ship, .... but I think it was actually them who hoaxed it !!! who else would know how to work their camera like that !!!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by blackthorne

Yeah I saw that episode, it was a little harsh, however Jason and Grant have been accused of fraud before, ..... and i distinctly remember one episode, ... where they set up a camera and it showed a blanket moving off a bed, ... however upon analysis Steve the tech guy discovered that someone had hoaxed it using their camera, .... Jason and Grant dismissed it saying there were alot of people aboard the ship, .... but I think it was actually them who hoaxed it !!! who else would know how to work their camera like that !!!

Yeah, I remember that one, they were on some government ship and blamed the service people.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Rate the new Ghost shows

I really gave up on the ghost shows last Halloween when Sci Fi channel botched the Ghost Hunters special. It totally ruined the credibility of TAPS to be subjected to, of all things, professional 'wrasslers' in their investigations. Beyond that, some of the events looked staged.

At this point, I am reminded that most TV is about entertainment and not discovery.

There is actually some pretty good material of ghost hunts at youtube... and they seem far less contrived.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Man, I had high-hopes for Ghost Lab, but it was a complete suckfest. The 2 "owners" are borderline unwatchable due to their over-the-top mannerisms. Everything is glammed-up for the cameras.

I've given it 3 episodes now and it's not changing. IMHO - it isn't worth watching

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap

where they set up a camera and it showed a blanket moving off a bed, ... however upon analysis Steve the tech guy discovered that someone had hoaxed it using their camera

Yeah, I remember that one, they were on some government ship and blamed the service people.

I believe the ship was the Queen Mary and if I'd caught something like that, I'd have dismissed the whole ship as a tourist attraction. And I haven't watched the episode yet, but the GhostHunters with Meat Loaf as a guest is under fire for a moving water bottle. It's on YouTube and a window that was closed is suddenly opened and the bottle is moved?

I'm not thrilled with Ghost Lab either for reasons stated by others.

But like looking for UFO's, if one is real, then maybe it's something to see. But not being there, I take it all with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think the best of the bunch at the moment is Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel. Some of their episodes are fantastic, nothing fake either (I assume) as some eps are quite uneventful.

They are having a live 7 hour broadcast this week:
www.ghostadventureslive.com/

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Extreme Paranormal is pure staged tripe. "Blair Witch " on TV. I saw the first episode last week and put me on the fence, just started watching this weeks and the first 15 minutes is just horrible acting.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Extreme Paranormal is pure staged tripe. "Blair Witch " on TV. I saw the first episode last week and put me on the fence, just started watching this weeks and the first 15 minutes is just horrible acting.

It on now, they just buried some guy in a voodoo graveyard with chicken blood on his forehead, now they are playing some voodoo chant to draw the spirits.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join