It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Isn't Anybody Doing Anything?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just about everyone I know is unhappy with everything that is going on, but no one is standing up and doing anything. Why aren't there protests going on? Why is it that no one is doing anything productive to helping change the country? Does anyone have any theories? I really think it's because no one knows a different life then what they have now.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Just about everyone I know is unhappy with everything that is going on, but no one is standing up and doing anything. Why aren't there protests going on? Why is it that no one is doing anything productive to helping change the country? Does anyone have any theories? I really think it's because no one knows a different life then what they have now.

There are many causes of this phenomenon of which you speak, but this can be summed up in two words: Gordian Knot.

en.wikipedia.org...

Imo, the entire world is tangled into one massive Gordian Knot and it will be something huge, massive that will be needed to slice right through that massive knot and I really do think that the coming official ET/UFO Disclosure will be THE sword that will have the power and energy that would be sufficient to slice right through that knot and free us from the massive, world-wide entanglement in which we are stuck.

What else but a well-televised official ET/UFO Disclosure has that kind of power to slice through that Gordian Knot? Nothing else comes close, not even wars and I do think that any major world war at this stage simply will not happen. It'll be stopped before it starts.

So a world war is not it. What's bigger than that? ET/UFO Disclosure, easily.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
because 99.9 percent of (the american population and maybe others) are completely #ing oblivious to any of these conspiracy theories let alone that they are actually happening. Most people don't care at all and are just going to let whatever happens happens. Thats the way it is. Maybe YOU can be the change but again it is how it is.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Majority of the masses are bunch of useless sheeps that don't care much about on what's going on the world.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well alot of people don't even have a clue I have only awaken within the last 6 months and I talked to people about some of the stuff.

They just don't believe you when you tell. Even about ecomony they just don't care they say they saw it was inproving but when its really about to crash. Within days to years they say it will be ok nothing will happen.

I feel crazy talking about the stuff on read on ATS when I tell people, at least when it happens they'll be the crazys and I will be prepared.

We need the masses to do anything the time is not right.

Its looking like its coming soon but we willl not be ready unless people start to wake up now.

Protest will not work unless we have well over half of the country then I still wouldn't count on it working without a new smaller goverment.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
----------------------

The answer is simple:

TELEVISION

It has effectively rotted the brain of America.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
my own mother laughed at me the other day

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

but no one is standing up and doing anything

I am happy to see your concern.

What would you suggest we do?

I am up for anything as long as it does not take away my quality television time.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
what to do ? What to do ? You are participating at the level of your truth. All is as it will ever be ,including you and your truth ! so relax ! All of your current turmoil is the collision of perceptions finding there way to the truth. If you as your earthly master have been sincere in your time here your path forward will be easier to handle. If however you have chosen a difficult path and have scattered your energies it will be harder for you to "condense" into a clear "you". This being as it is ,your participation will be a sincere moment or moments and will be as it has to be at the moment of pure truth approaching us. Ecstatic bliss ! So fortunate you are if you can " be " here for this pure
union of souls.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I don't think people care that much.

I mean, when you think about it why should they, everyone has it pretty good, or at least enough of us do. That "the government" or the "elite" are screwing me all the time is very much not apparent...I mean I haven't done much today. Went to the gym, posted on ATS, surfed the net, and talked to my buddies. What should i be doing? What am I missing out on that should have me so upset? You say everyone should be outraged and I really don't think so. They should be aware, they should be thinking about whats going on, they should want answers to inconvenient questions, but how upset should they be? I took a hot shower after exercising in my local gym, I came home, made myself a cocktail, and will likely go and buy some awesome cuban food at the shop around the corner, after having a machine wash all my clothes....life is good bro, you haven't caught on yet?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsof0ld
my own mother laughed at me the other day

Sorry to hear that - but it is almost impossible to get the message across. People are incredulous - they can't believe it - because it is so far outside of their 'programming' and experience.

The best way is to start small - maybe show them the clip regarding money in my signature - get them thinking - tell them there is a lot more to it - if they have any questions.

Sometimes - asking people questions is the best way to broach subjects.

What is money? How come the government has to borrow all the money for the people from some private bank at interest? How come people are called corporations in legalize?

How come if there is a recovery - unemployment is rising, and delinquency rates are rising? What is happening to all the real estate mortgages that are failing?

Why is the US fighting in Afghanistan? How long is it going to take to kill the 100 Al Quaida that are remaining there? Why do we need tens of thousands more troops in Afghanistan if there are only 100 Al Quaida left there?

Why did the US invade Iraq? Why is it still there?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Look around, everyone has seen the jokes about the “people that go to Walmart”. Seriously do you want them on your side if it come down to the SHTF. Why go swimming with a anchor, these people are the ones that as long as they have their TV, and the fast foods and the lives are not changed they are not going to help. People in this country is eating themselves into their own demise and you are not going to change it. You want a war, try changing that lazy lifestyle and you will have a war on your hands. Be careful what you wish for!

For me I am going to take care of my family and others that want to join, for all the rest that refuse to learn and make a change, well natural selection at this point seems fair. If you want a change, then change yourself and not worry about ones you can't change. Remember, but there is no cure for stupid.

Tru

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I scream all the time to friends that something needs to be done to either wake up the sheep or help guide them.

I see the problem as lack of a strong, ethical leader or group of leaders. If I could find an organization to belong to that had plans for really trying to change things, I'd join in a second.

One thing is for sure, I will never vote for a Democrat or Republican again....two sides of the same coin. They will fight to maintain their power forever. They have the media behind them and the sheep just grazing away on American Idol and Dancing With The Stars.

We need a leader like former Idaho Congressman George Hansen (if you don't know who he is, look him up! It's worth your time)...someone with strong ethics, morals and ideas to fight TPTB!

Where is this group?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
For the same reason people who are the survivors after gunmen shooting sprees. They knew the first couple of people to rush the mad man would die, but those behind them would live and take out the madman. No one wants to be the first wave for fear of dying.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
now taking volunteers for first wave

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What it really comes down to is comfort. The majority of people are comfortable because they have food,water, and a roof over their heads. Any one of these critical elements goes missing then you will see things happening. The majority of people just want to make it and all the stuff (materialism) in the end does not matter as much because they are wants and not needs. People see real poverty on tv from other nations and this gives them perspective on their own lives. We know we got it good.

Poverty is rising in America so things might change if the government continues down their current path.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think more people are aware of what is going on than what a lot of people give credit for its just that the poor and middle class, which are the ones getting screwed, which also make for the majority obviously, have children they have to take care of, or a job they have to be at, something that has to be done all the time, so they are all probably waiting on someone else to take of it. And i dont believe this is our demise either because the more people that are aware and do not do anything about it; one, will be able to find ways to not cooperate with big brother agenda, like flu vaccs, or CC's, and two they wont be as likely to be involved in something violent which i believe they will only answer violence with something worse. As far as protesting if ten million of us decided to march on washington the other 290 mil would be calling us terrorists based on the lies they heard from the TV. So what can we do? I just live on man, try to keep moving forward.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a few reasons:
-people are idiots
-people are lazy
-people who aren't stupid are too scared to take the risk
of angering big brother
-and of course, it cuts into television time

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I can see what you're saying. And I agree w/ most of the others. A mixture of obliviousness, non actionable leaders, and all that. I seen one news broadcast a few days ago and I forget which network, but there was like a huge line of vehicles filed w/ people that were waiting for a ... get this - a drive through swine flu vaccine center. Can you believe it? The sheep are so mentally obliterated, that they will line up for this crap, and get the shot w/out having to get out of their vehicles!

Mindless consumerism. TPTB make it so easy, that Darwinism take over.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by hhcore]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

check it out, since I can't make it work. The one I saw was swine flu.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join