It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Unprecedented Number Of Death Threats Against Obama -- And Secret Service Overwhelmed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The Boston Globe reports that a new internal Congressional Research Service report and government sources say there are an unprecedented number of death threats against President Obama -- and that the Secret Service is insufficiently funded and staffed to deal with them.

According to The Globe, a report issued by the Congressional Research Service shows that the Secret Service is investigating more threats against government officials than ever before, and questions whether the 144-year old agency should continue probing financial crimes, as was its original mandate.

Hardly a surprise that Obama is a marked man. There have been several articles and discussions on threats to the current POTUS. Its a bit difficult to believe that Secret Service resources are stretched that thin but it appears so. I don't see Obama finishing his term personally, there is far too much pent up angst amongst those he is trying to lead, yet alone the fact that he is a first. He will be this generations Kennedy but I don't think he will carry the same legacy.

src

brill

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

i wouldn't degrade kennedy like that. ha..ok maybe that was a bit over the line, but kennedy had a lot of potential, was trying to avoid vietnam, was keeping LBJ at bay, and i think would be a vital resource today.(yea he didnt do most of what he said he would for civil rights, and for that i have always been critical of him) obama so far hasn't really amounted to much...but then again, kennedy didnt have too much time to before his number was punched.

but back to the lecture at hand, i agree that obama is seriously marked. if i hear a news report that he was assassinated, i wouldn't question it one bit.

i kinda find it hard to believe that the SS is overwhelmed. by now wouldnt they have figured what the real threats were? after 144 years and all

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Im worried that someone is gonna get him and that will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Scarry version 2~ He lives from a wound that should have killed. Anticrist or right hand man.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Someone told me that if/when obama gets killed the race war will begin
just speculation

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This will just open up an opportunity to create a counterfeit CZAR.

Seriously though, I find it hard to believe our SS is "overwhelmed"....even if they were we would never know it. Regardless of what your political views are you have to admire their job, I always have.

~flamesuit on.~

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Signals]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is a horrible possibility. I wish people would just use common sense. Enacting political change through violence is not the way to go. I hope that people can keep their sanity and may cooler heads prevail. Making jokes about this is a little bit over the line don't you think. We are talking about a human being with a wife and kids. Take away the title of President he is still a person. Not just a stuffed suit without feelings.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
And the soldiers he sends to Afghanistan are people too.... with feelings and wives and children at home.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by guardstarr
We are talking about a human being with a wife and kids. Take away the title of President he is still a person. Not just a stuffed suit without feelings.

True....but his decissions affect billions of people.
I wonder how many threats the congressmen and senators get ? They are just as guilty. I would love to see them all voted out and new faces from top to bottom....but doubt that happens.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Mark these words. . . . . .

Obama and his ilk will use this to their advantage, and our disadvantage.

'nuff said. The Prophet has spoken.

(I once guessed 2 out of six lottery numbers, so I'm qualified)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Nevermind!

[edit on 20-10-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Yup, gotta agree. It wouldn't surprise me if an "event" was staged in an excuse to either clamp down tougher gun laws or even an attempt at a gun grab. Do I believe that the Secret Service is overwhelmed? Not for a minute.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I doubt Obama's going to be assainated. It's a different time, the secret service is better than ever.

They might lack the people to investigate threats, but they don't lack the people to protect the president. And if they do, the president should re-think his travel plans.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
And the soldiers he sends to Afghanistan are people too.... with feelings and wives and children at home.

I agree with you 100%. That's the point I was trying to make. Take away all the titles, uniforms, speeches, etc. They are all just people. Brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, etc. I was just thinking that people should see each other as just that, people. Humans. When someone kills a president. They only see a president not a person. Same with a soldier. They just see a uniform. They don't see the humanity. If people could open their eyes to that.....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
After reading this, I am kind of not shocked, but it is not surprising. Most presidents end up having threats made against them, but hopefully it is just people who are venting, if such happens, then Joe Biden becomes President of the United States and the Nancy Pelosi becomes vice president.
It is a sign that perhaps maybe President Obama needs to be paying attention to, and that is that the people of the country are not happy with the policies and direction of the country. From my point of view, the federal government is not watching or listening to the people of the country, rather focusing on only a few, rather than the entire country. And the more that the adminstration alienates or tries to control, the more upset the people are going to become.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I can't stand the guy, but I would sure would not want him to be assassinated. One presidential assassination in my lifetime is more than enough.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by brill

I doubt Obama's going to be assainated. It's a different time, the secret service is better than ever.

They might lack the people to investigate threats, but they don't lack the people to protect the president. And if they do, the president should re-think his travel plans.

I'm certain the same sentiments were shared in 1963. I'm not attempting to draw parallels but the facts from the article coupled with the general uneasiness of people (never mind radical groups) just leads me to believe it is inevitable. I certainly don't wish to see misfortune come his way but short of a complete withdraw on the 2 war fronts, an upswing in the economy and employment, sustained peace in the middle east, cheap oil, etc. he's got a bulls-eye on him. Even then there's always the lunatic fringe lurking.

brill

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Guys, the USSS is not that big. It only has 3,200 special agents (the ones who wear suits with the sunglasses and earpieces), 1,200 uniformed divison officers (who guard the WH, VP's residence, and foreign embassies), and 2,000 civilian support staff.

Read the book In the President's Secret Service by Ron Kessler it just came out and you can get it on Amazon.com - it goes into detail about how the USSS is poorly funded, overstretched, and has a very high turnover rate.
www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
It is a sign that perhaps maybe President Obama needs to be paying attention to, and that is that the people of the country are not happy with the policies and direction of the country.

I think its safe to say that given how quickly information flows these days that might partially explain the increase. Yes it is a clear expression of peoples anger and yes he and his administration should be concerned, but it is much easier, today, to threaten people anonymously. It would be interesting to see the ratio of Internet threats vs. other threats.

brill

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsof0ld
just speculation

Keep in mind Rodney King was just beaten in LA and that started
the LA riots.

Imagine the LA riots in most of the big cities.

The fires were the part you could not defend against.

The real problem is that ppl have been getting ready, way ready.

Shortly after Obama was elected the US citizens bought enough
REGISTERED guns to outfit the entire Chinese and Indian militaries
in a 90 day window.

They also bought 1.5 billion bullets.

90 days later...they did both again.

Think about that.

That's friggin spooky.

My plan is to get the HELL away from the cities to the MAJOR boonies
and do some fishing, camping, hunting, and general off the grid living.

It won't be pretty but it has much better odds than Chaos unleashed.

Get ready for a long term version of this just in case.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsof0ld
just speculation

rubbish,

That is just ONE of the NWO wetdreams, we are supposed to fight one another instead of THEM.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join