It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Unveil New Bill to Audit the Fed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Senators Unveil New Bill to Audit the Fed

blogs.wsj.com

Proponents of auditing the Federal Reserve have a new bill to support their cause. Sen. Jeff Merkley (D., Ore.) and Sen. Bob Corker (R., Tenn.) introduced legislation today to require the Government Accountability Office to audit several of the central bank’s emergency lending programs that were created during the financial crisis.

To avoid disrupting markets, the legislation directs the GAO to redact from its reports the names of specific institutions using the programs and “identifying details regarding assets or collateral” held in the audited facilities. But that information woul
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
if you read the article it's really just watering down the original bill by Ron Paul.

Okay, I just wrote a whole lot, but some error occured.
Don't feel like writing it all over again..

Merkley, in a statement, said the legislation “strikes the right balance between protecting taxpayer dollars and respecting the central bank’s responsibility to manage monetary policy.” Mr. Corker said it allows audits of emergency facilities “without inappropriately compromising the independence of the Fed or politicizing its role in crafting monetary policy.”

Right balance for who?

This video Today explains it, basically ACCOUNTABILITY

blogs.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm surprised there is even a Senate version of this bill!
I always figured if it ever did get that far along they would stick it in some financial sub-committee and let it rot.Of course it's severely watered down but at least the Senate is talking about the Fed even if it's just a show.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Our Government is scared to death of the Federal Reserve Bank. Any act that they pass will basicaly have no teeth. To put a stop to the FED's strangle hold on the common man,we have to limit our use of their fiat currency. Eventually we phase the use of the FRN out completly. I do,have and will barter and trade for things I need. That eliminates the need for as much cash. Use that extra cash to buy your soul back from the FED.
We have to take ourselves out of their game!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Screw the fed we should get together with world leaders work out a plan to start a world currency and then crush the FED Reserve we don't need them anyone can print paper.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I'm surprised there is even a Senate version of this bill!
I always figured if it ever did get that far along they would stick it in some financial sub-committee and let it rot.Of course it's severely watered down but at least the Senate is talking about the Fed even if it's just a show.

this is a new "watered down" senate version

ron paul's companion bill to hr 1207 is s604 in the senate,,,, and it currently has 30 co-sponsors and has been that way for quite a while

they are burying it

paul's house bill hr 1207 has like 330 or 303 co sponsors now,,, so basically it would pass

this new bill is unneeded since s604 already exists in committee and like others said ,, it's an attempt to side step 604 and still let the fed screw us blindly with zero oversight

we need to show outrage at this bill and refuse any compromise to 1207/604.

it's what we want ,,,, and that's that

i like corker sometimes,,,, but he just joined my sh*tlist
he loves to debate partisanship and sling blame during committee hearings,,,, he made me sick during the car bailout hearings,,,,
him and lungren can be total flies feeding on a pig's rear end

link to audit the fed hearing on c-span

www.c-span.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's time for military action within their marble walls.

new topics

top topics

join