It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death...Why Not Life Before Life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The big question "Is there life after death"? Those who believe in some form of a God say Yes, those who believe in science pretty much say No. After a close friend passed away I put a lot of thought into the matter and came out of it with another question. Is there "Life Before Life"? I'm a non-believer myself but if life doesn't end after death, then does it really begin at conception, or is there a pre-life?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

Rest assured that if there IS life after death then there is life also before "life."

Meaning that life, like your soul, is eternal.
I'm assuming that people don't remember anything before birth because this reality is, in essense, a game. A game in which we create time merely to pass it.
So, if that is the case, what would be the point of remembering anything before "life?"
It is also very possible that after death, you will not remember this life.

But that brings up another question, if time is an illusion and the human body is eternal, why is it that we remember anything NOW and not say, from our next life, as time is just an illusion?

Things that make you go hmmm.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What I believe is that we all are spirits. We chose to come here to learn and when we die we go back to our normal selves but I don't know where.

An example would be if you are yourself right now. You then decide to play a video game as a person. You are now a character in the video game. Once you die in the video game you go back to yourself again until you decide to play another character in the video game (reincarnation).

I don't know if that makes sense.

But I don't think you die because then I wouldn't see the reason why we live.

I'm not a Christian so I don't believe that if you commit a sin you go to hell or if you are good you go to heaven.

I don't know where we go when we die but I believe we still live after death.

You could try to have an OBE and make a decision for yourself about life after death.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by danielsil18]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The Tibetan Book of the Dead describes how we as spirits/souls choose our parents before conception and that our spirit/soul is what occupies the fetus once conception occurs.

I am a scientist/engineer by training/profession and I believe that our soul is electromagnetic energy in nature. In fact in any hospital they deem a individual as being "Dead" as when there is no longer any cardio vascular and/or brain activity. Both of which are measured electronically.

This is also why I believe that ghosts are simply this same energy which has simply departed the physical body.

But you have to see to believe right ?
Well, take a close look at your cell phone. What about your microwave oven ? Do you see anything indicative of energy entering/departing it at all ?

But it works right ?

Thats because energy isn't necessarily in the visible realm of the light /energy spectrum....thats why we use electronic instrumentation to measure it...

But it's there !

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is great question. All religions that i am aware of deal much more about what goes on after death then with what went on before life. There are certain answers (reincarnation, part of one "shattered" soul, bunch of poor alien souls imprisoned by evil Xenu
and other stuff that i am not aware of) but in general "prelife" is much less emphasized/considered then "afterlife".
Again, great that you thought about it. Never considered this myself. But i think that it is very logical. We cannot change what was in the past. So religions focus on future themes, especially as touchy ones as what happens after we die.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What about life during life? I mean, every time one eats something...chicken for instance...does that life carry on as part of your own?

I say celebrate life in the only tense that there is proof of life...IN THE PRESENT!

Just my 2-cents

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Michael Newton has written several books on hypnotic regression that deals with the life between/after lives.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
OP, you should try and find some of Dolores Cannons' work. She is an amazing old lady who is one the best past life regressionists in the world.

she talks about how we are all here as part of a learning process, and that what we fail to learn in this life, will again be put in our faces in our next lives until we pass the test.

she has regressed people back though many lives and even people who were rocks, cats and trees etc!!!

I think her stuff would interest you a lot. It blew me away when i saw this but its quite far out!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If you accept that you go on after death, that the Aware being you are simply drops off the worn out body it was wearing, then Pre-Life experience must be a part of that reality.

If you accept that we do reincarnate regularly then you must also accept that you existed prior to this timeframe you are experiencing now.

I see many people saying Life is about Learning Lessons. This perception is very understandable since it is a strongly held belief that humans have had for a very long time.

May I suggest our concepts are like Theories and Beliefs that need re-evaluation from time to time to see if they still apply?

This concept is based in the "Belief" that we are bad little souls requiring a higher power to inflict our just desserts upon us. Which is something held as true by many traditional belief-systems. Yet we may find that this is not the case.

Why would perfect souls require Lessons? What is there to Learn?

Perhaps if you have difficulty answering those two questions satisfactorily to yourself then it may be time to expand your perceptions.

If so, then you may be ready to consider that Life is purely about Experience. If this is true for you then you will begin to see whay we choose to incarnate in the first place and also why we return in many rounds of incarnations in different eras/ages to have the experiences offered in each.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

she has regressed people back though many lives and even people who were rocks, cats and trees etc!!!

I think the ones that were rocks are politicians now!

My daughter when she was very little told me that she had a hard time getting use to life because she remembered what it was like before she was born.

Freaked me out.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yes, there is life before 'life'.

Every human being has a part of 'God' in him or her.

Before being a human, you were all part of God.

Here's just one argument for the above:

Most religions believe that once dead the soul will go into heaven or hell (and remain there for eternity).

But if God is forever, then how can the human soul be too? Unless it belongs to God in the first place.

In Islam when someone dies those around the dead say

"To Allah we belong and to Him is our return"

We are Gods.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Many children can remember living prior lives. The knowledge is often lost over time. There have been cases of children remembering a past life. An internet search can come up with some of these stories. If there is life after death then there has to also be life before life.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Why would perfect souls require Lessons? What is there to Learn?

Learn from experience and knowledge. In this lifetime I think I'll never do drugs, why? because I know it's bad and maybe it's because I already experienced what is it like to do drugs in another lifetime. But I'm here to learn something else.

That's how I see it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Thats a good point and an easy way to figure out if there is to try to remember as far back as possible. Force yourself to try to remember your first memory. Its bloody hard to pin point which one is the first. I have narrowed down about 5 memories but its hard the further back i go the more it feels like a dream. So maybe death is just falling asleep. The saying does state that sleep is the cousin of death.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great question.

Maybe this is heaven, and you spent an eternity before your birth figuring out how to get here?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If you were Native American then you would know there is...

This great circle we talk about.. where all life comes from then later returns to... well think of it as a large pool of water everything alive came from and goes back to the pool... all their acquired knowledge is mixed and shared with the whole then when a new life is needed a scoop of that whole is taken to create said new life... that's why we respect all living things they are as much a part of us as we are of them... Life exists before during and after and everything is connected, but not necessarily as an individual entity

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

This seems to tie in with Gaia theory, that all life is connected and that we're just one part of it?

So presumably during this life we're still connected to everything else but our conscious perception of it is limited to what we can see / hear / touch?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by DaddyBare

So presumably during this life we're still connected to everything else but our conscious perception of it is limited to what we can see / hear / touch?

In essence Yes with a big but attached...

There are several tribal teachings that that let us expand and tap into that whole... probably the best known of those is the Peyote ceremony... no not that same as eating magic mushrooms and turning on the strobe lights while you listen to the "Grateful Dead"

Some other's include the blessing way.. Spirit Quests.. there some 500 American tribes and they all have their own ways to accomplish this same feat... my point being there are ways to expand "Perception "

Now I return you to all the horrified Christians

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
RE: Past memories

I've been reading the koran recently and I've found a lot of answers for questions I generated when using ATS.

In my previous post I was missing the 'past memories' issue.

My answer goes like this:

1. For every human there is a being attached to it known as the Qareen and who are not normally visible (a type of Djinn).

2. The Qareen live for thousands of years and are assigned by God to test man through temptations. (This is like the evil urges that we have).

3. Given the Qareen life span they get assigned to various individuals and they have full knowledge of their hosts.

4. The Qareen have the ability to stimulate human emotions and help him achieve incorrect goals but also transfer memories of previous hosts.

5. Humans have the ability to control the Qareen and work together for good or bad.

P.S. Qareen means 'associate' in arabic.

Some links
www.islamonline.net... servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546050
www.google.com... n+wiki&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

Is there "Life Before Life"? I'm a non-believer myself but if life doesn't end after death, then does it really begin at conception, or is there a pre-life?

The Christian scriptures state that only God is immortal. 1 Tim 6:16. So, that is what I go by. Souls die; Ezekiel 18:20. We have faith in a resurrection.

I understand you are not a believer (in anything?) but in this instance to find an answer you need faith of some kind to accept an answer, whatever it might be. Otherwise I'm not sure how you can come to a personal conclusion, one way or another.

[edit on 23/10/09 by PSUSA]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join