It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New game uses brain waves to play.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
IGN Article

Using your thoughts to approximate telekinesis, the ability to control matter with the mind, a small purple ball rises into the air via a column of air. Once you concentrate hard enough to raise the ball, you try to get it through an obstacle course with hoops, ledges and gates. The more you intensely think about the sphere, the higher it goes. When you relax, the ball drops.

To start playing with the Mind Flex, you must slip on a headset and attach two sensors to your earlobes. The Mind Flex monitors theta-wave activity and then uses that to control the column of air. The harder you concentrate on the task at hand, the higher the ball rises.

The article is from January but ive never seen it before today. I saw a commercial for it on cartoon network and I was like wow. I dont know how expenisve it is but im going to have to get me one of these.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

There is a similar game, called "The Wild Divine", developed by Deepak Chopra and others. It's supposed to develop people's extra-sensory perception and such. I don't have it myself, but have seen it in action. It's interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I saw this device when it was in it's development stages (you know - pre-investment press releases) and was intrigued.

It is simple enough, if you know how to measure the intensity of electrical activity. Back in the 70's the whole blossoming 'Bio-feedback" industry met a dead end in bringing this technology to the surface.

Now, with cheaper materials, and better computer miniaturization it can become so much more than this toy. And it probably will.

Can't wait until the next generation comes out.

Imagine mentally controlled web-surfing?

There's a lot of room in improving the human - machine interface.

Good find!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Theres a video.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.amazon.com...

Its $73.22 at amazon. If i had enough money to spend I would so get this. I wonder how long it will take this technology to develop into first person shooters, like call of duty. That would be awesome. xbox720 with mind link function. That day will be amazing.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This technology could change the world.

It's obvious that the inventor has created software that reads brain waves as they become more focused and coherent. So the fan moves as the the brain waves become more coherent because of intent.

I learned this when I got my Hypnotherapy Certification. When your critical mind becomes focused on something then your subconscious mind takes over. This is a hypnotic state.

If you ever were driving on the highway and you are thinking about something and the next thing you know you have missed your exit, this is what I'm talking about. Sometimes I don't even remember driving when this happens.

When your focused your brain waves become more coherent. This software might be able to control things like the TV or even a car. Imagine if it becomes wireless. You can hook up a remote to your ear and control the TV through intent.

The software has huge potential.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Matrix Rising]

new topics

top topics

join