It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama joins Netanyahu in shielding Israel from war crimes charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I came across this article, and found it a little upsetting. The UN is endorsing a report that accuses Israel of war crimes, and Israel is not only denying the report as would be assumed, but making threats to try and force others to reject the report. Unfortunately it is not surprising that the U.S. is on Israels side as usual. It seems that no matter what wrong Israel commits the U.S. will not only turn a blind eye, but openly support them.

The United Nations Human Rights Council has endorsed a report into Israel’s 22-day assault on Gaza in December and January, accusing Israel of war crimes.

Israel’s premier, Binyamin Netanyahu, predictably denounced the report as biased against Israel and unjust and insisted that he would not allow any Israeli officials to face trial for war crimes. The Obama administration echoed Israel, calling the report unbalanced, and said that its adoption would damage the possibility of resuming talks between Israel and the Palestinians. The talks are a necessary fig leaf for bringing the Arab regimes on side against Iran.

Netanyahu demanded that Mahmoud Abbas, the nominal president of the Palestinian Authority (PA)—his term of office expired last January—oppose the report, with threats that he would call off talks with the Palestinians.

Israel also warned Abbas that it would refuse permission for a second cellular telephone company in the West Bank, a crucial issue to the PA and Palestinian commercial interests.

If this isn't an example of outright terrorism then I don't know what is. It is shameful for Israel to be allowed to conduct themselves in such a manner, and even more so that the U.S. and other leading nations would support their actions.

Of the 47 member council only 6 voted against this report, that I believes is telling of the situation. The full article is below

axisoflogic.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow yes I too find this to be disturbing. To what ends will America go to defend Israel? Will we go to war with their enemy to defend them? For what reason? Because they are "God's Chosen People"? We gave them their own country at the end of World War 2. We probably gave them nuclear weapons. We give the military hardware. We give them money. We give them everything we have. When will it end?

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Obama is kissing israels behind too?

Geesh all the more proof that israel controls America.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Israel doesn't control America...it simply holds alot of sway regarding the political regions of America,no doubt there are sects in the military and intelligence agencies that see what is going on.And this is no surprise,the whole obama is toughening up on Israel nonsense...was just that,nonsense.Rahm ehmanuel? yah...enough said.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just don't get it.
Why is so impossible for our government to stand up to Israel?
Is their lobby that strong, do they pump THAT much money into our politicians?

WTF is it about their Government that prevents our Government from being honest about them and taking a REAL stand against them for doing what we have condemned other Governments for?

In my entire life, I have witnessed only love for Israel from our Government regardless of the situation or circumstances.

I just don't get it.

new topics

top topics

join