It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No record' of 40,000 immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

'No record' of 40,000 immigrants

news.bbc.co.uk

Up to 40,000 immigrants who should have left Britain more than six years ago could still be in Britain, the Home Office has said.

In a letter to MPs, it revealed there was "no formal record" of the people, who were refused permission to stay or whose visas had run out.

The UK Border Agency has begun looking at case files to see if the migrants are still in the UK and can be removed.

These will be checked against police records to see if any are "harmful".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This makes me laugh..

If they were so concerend then they should have done something about it before they let anyone in. They should have been knocking on these peoples doors the day their visa expired.

As for anyone who came in to the country in an unconventional manner then I think the numbers just don't add up as to how many are here.

What makes me wonder is how do these people stay off the system yet still afford to live here. where do they get the cash in hand work that many locals would love to have.. how do you keep down a job and a place to live and away from any prying eyes and keep undetected?

I ask myself what i would do if i wanted to get under the radar and i am lost for ideas. There are ways obviously.

Define 'harmful'... harmful to people? animals? or to the average tax payer by taking cash in hand jobs? Harmful to the environment because they might be living on the streets and usuing back alleys as toilets?

We;ve seen hundreds of thousands of people private details get lost on data disks and computers.. we've seen the almost total collapse of our country yet things like this pop up.

It also makes me wonder how many 'illegals' america really has.. Mexico is not exactly seperated from the USA by a 14 mile wide channel of open sea like the UK and Europe is.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
What makes me wonder is how do these people stay off the system yet still afford to live here. where do they get the cash in hand work that many locals would love to have.. how do you keep down a job and a place to live and away from any prying eyes and keep undetected?

Dude, they make more money than us man
When I was in Cali, I remember some illegals
One of them always used to buy me beer haha

The guy paid zero taxes and paid no lodging either
yep, he lived in the restaurant that employed him
ate for free, slept under a free roof and paid no income tax
that's not the most lavious life but he saved up ALOT of moula

I was there under contract working as a SQL Server DBA
and he had way more money than me most of the time

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

I ask myself what i would do if i wanted to get under the radar and i am lost for ideas. There are ways obviously.

It's an unpopular idea but, after thinking about this problem myself several times over the years, the only thing I can honestly think about is 'networks'. These people are supported by large networks of families and friends. Where I live, which has been a 'dumping ground' for immigrants for about 160 years, has seen specific immigrant demographics literally explode over the last 15 years or so. The Muslim population has practically driven the Hindu population out of this area for example. At one time, the Asian population was predominantly Hindu (my first friends in this area were Hindus) and Muslims were a minority but, over the years, this reversed and last year the last Hindu business was closed for good due to an arson attack.

Much of this local population have little or no English language skills at all, something I know for a fact due to work connections to both the local council and translation services. Much of the employment around here is service-based and retail: not great opportunities for people that can't speak English.

I was given the nod to this by African Muslim neighbours and I've no reason to disbelieve them but, a lot people living 'off the radar' are in jobs like taxis and restaurants.

Both black cabs and private hire taxis are sewn-up by Asians in my town. I've not seen a white cab driver in a long time. I have seen quite a few cab drivers whose English skills are so bad that they rely on written addresses and translations from the taxi office. Knowing how to use Sat Nav has removed the need to actually know the taxi area: basically if you can drive, you can drive a taxi, there's no more to it now.

top topics

join