It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Discussing Fox News (READ : Beck & Hannity)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

White House Discussing Fox News (READ : Beck & Hannity)

It's a bad day in America when the White House has to belittle anything.

Seems as that's all that they've done since they've started duping the nation into thinking their flavor of change (never really spelled out clearly) is what is best for the country.

If you haven't been living under a rock for the last few months, you know of the devistation of their form of "change". Did the people that voted for this change really expect or desire this?

One thing seems starkly clear and undebatable; FOX (READ: Beck & Hannity) have been a thorn in their side and it's getting so painful for them that they feel the need to confront it head on and blast individuals. Highly rated individuals.
People that used to watch CNN, MSNBC, etc... Now they watch Beck & Hannity. Ratings prove that fact.

Anyhow, Something that even Gurgen from CNN (waste of flesh & a core CO² abuser! IMO) agrees [color=gold]... it's not a wise thing for any administration to take on a news orginaztion.

Only time I've ever agreed with that CO² abusing, colostomy bag.

Here's why they need to be ousted... (Nixon style, remember his fall from grace?)

Transcript Link

From a transcipt of the press conference
Jake Tapper, ABC News: It hasn't escaped our notice that in the last few weeks the White House has decided to declare war on one of our sister organizations saying it's not a news organization and tell the rest of the news media to not treat them like a news organization. Can you explain why it's appropriate for the White House to say one of them is not a news organization and the rest of the media should not treat them like one.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs: We render opinion based on some their coverage and the fairness of that coverage.

Tapper: That's a pretty sweeping declaration that they're not a news organization. How are they different from, say another, say ABC, MSNBC, Univision?

Gibbs: You and I should watch sometime around 9 o'clock tonight or five this afternoon. (READ: Beck & Hannity)

That's a fairly sharp jab at those two opinion (and fact based) shows. BTW: They are the highest rated (O'Reilly is off the charts.)

White House Cites Opinion Shows as Basis for Fox News Complaints

Obama senior adviser David Axelrod on Sunday called on media outlets to join the administration in declaring that Fox News is "not a news organization."

"Other news organizations like yours ought not to treat them that way," Axelrod counseled ABC's George Stephanopoulos. "We're not going to treat them that way."

White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel told CNN on Sunday that Obama does not want "the CNNs and the others in the world (to) basically be led in following Fox."

Just shaking my head in disbelief at this administration...

Take the shots and moveon.org. These small minded individuals are smearing the already fairly thin reputation of the Executive Branch of the government.

That's just my opinion... How far off the mark am I? SG WUK

[edit on 10·20·09 by DrMattMaddix]

[edit on 10·20·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I don't see the thorn, unless some homeless person yelling at you is a thorn in your side. I would put them on extinction by ignoring them. No one takes Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck seriously...except for people with mental health issues.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Guess the white house is finding out that the truth hurts. When you have true patriots like Hannity and Beck fighting for the average American against the vested special interest groups and those who wish to destroy America, it draws blow-back. The fact that the blow-back is coming from the white house says about all that needs to be said about the Democrat agenda.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
yea, i find it rather odd that the administration is taking on a news organization.

makes me wonder why they are so focused on FOX and these two guys. do they know anything, or are they threatening to investigate?

maybe they realize they lost control of this arm of the media. if so, i applaud them, despite no agreeing with them all the time.

this sounds like something a rival network would do.

anybody know if anyone in the administration has ties to other networks/their owners?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by superrat
Guess the white house is finding out that the truth hurts. When you have true patriots like Hannity and Beck fighting for the average American against the vested special interest groups and those who wish to destroy America, it draws blow-back. The fact that the blow-back is coming from the white house says about all that needs to be said about the Democrat agenda.

that is some funny stuff, sadly you meant it which is not so funny.
I would have phrased it "fighting for the special interest groups", this post is
far more alarming then the OP.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Gibbs: You and I should watch sometime around 9 o'clock tonight or five this afternoon. (READ: Beck & Hannity)

It's pretty sad that the White House cannot tell the difference between opinion shows and news programming.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's a bad day in America when the White House has to belittle anything.

I agree.

Like war protesters, who won the popular vote, anti-patriot act folks, people starving in new orleans after a storm, pro-choice activists, etc.

This, as are so many things that the right complain about these days, is nothing new to this white house, or the previous white house, or even the one before that.

But it's certainly NOT Obama exclusive.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This type of behavior coming from the White House is ridiculous regardless of the letter D or R hanging over the door in the Oval Office. The White House needs to rise high above this. They are creating their own thug sub culture. I expect this type treatment of the opposition from the likes of Chavez and Castro not the sitting POTUS in the White House.

Obama won't be happy until he has control over everything that is near and dear to him. He doesn't like it when people don't like him. NARCISSISM.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
These attacks are some of the first shoots being fired in the 2nd American Revolution. At least right now its just words that are flying......its like watching a snowball in a cartoon getting bigger and faster as it goes downhill.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

They're doing it because they can't refute the facts.

The more facts that come out, the angrier they are going to get.

Their idea of transparency is as clear as lead.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
if these are the first shots of the 2nd revolution, then we should find a "less crazy" head of our side. i say "less crazy" simply because a lot of people see fox news as faux news, their pundits as insane blah blah blah simply because they really dont hide that they have a leaning. i turn on fox and know what side i'm getting. and that's fine. same when i turn on cnn, i know what i'm getting.

but we need to get a more middle of the road person to head the revolution because we can all agree, this revolution will not be a complete success if lives are lost, and the only way to prevent that is level heads.

edit to correct grammar

[edit on 10/20/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

It's pretty sad that the White House cannot tell the difference between opinion shows and news programming.

what i find sad is that a news network even goes for opinions.

ANY student of journalism will tell you that facts are king. your supposed to present FACTS and let the viewer decide to form an opinion all on their own.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

You do know the difference between news and opinion shows, don't you?

Maybe I just read your post wrong

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

If this is true I really hope that FOX is not our leader!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Fox has opinion shows.

CNN has opinion shows.

MSNBC has opinion shows.

PBS has opinion shows.

Fox just tells the truth.

No leader required/or needed.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

saying any news organization tells the truth is a bit of a stretch.

yes, they all have their moments, but we cannot use a blanket statement like that.

they tell truthiness plain and simple. because like it or not, they have their own agendas. always have always will, and again, that's fine, us viewers just need to be aware

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It is the proper right of the third estate to question. The Who,What,When,Where and How of everything happening in Washington and around the world. If and when a question arises about something within the administration,it is the duty of the administration to answer.

Fox news is under the gun sights of the Whitehouse,simply because they are asking hard questions,that evidently are to condeming for the Whitehouse to answer.

Make no mistake. The shot fired across the bow of Fox news is a warning to all who would believe that they have a right to free speech. When you suceed in silencing your opposition through oppression or general concensus,you have quashed free speech for everyone.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

They're doing it because they can't refute the facts.

The more facts that come out, the angrier they are going to get.

Their idea of transparency is as clear as lead.

Excellent point.

Although Beck doesn't claim to be a journalist, he's presenting facts researched by his staff. It appears that he is a journalist... yet NOT.

However, way back when, it was extraordinary and usually frowned upon for any 'news anchor' to offer up opinion during the presentation of the facts.

News has changed. Since Beck and Hannity don't consider themselves journalists they can get away with this. More power to them since no one else (talking heads) will touch the issues even in committee it appears.
Talk the talking points that are pre arranged between ABC NBC & CBS.
And authorized by the WhiteHouse.

Stinks like Nixon in here or did someone pull their finger.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

but we need to get a more middle of the road person to head the revolution because we can all agree, this revolution will not be a complete success if lives are lost, and the only way to prevent that is level heads.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

How do you define success?

End of minimum wage
Repeal of Woman's voter rights
or
closer relationship between church and state

We already know many folks sure do like to protect corporate interests in the name of "freedom". Many would be revolutionaries will invite the big money right back in per their doctrine only to re-ignite the same process.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

i am not 100% sure what success will be. i'm just saying that if this is leading to revolution, a bloody one will not be the way when we can, if both sides actually sit down, avoid fire fights.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join