It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Economy to Fail, Recovery is a Scam!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Boom Slice

This is base on deceptions, a Depression we are having for the main street America can be measured in the lack of jobless citizens and tax payers living on government assistance.

While the recovery is only been generated by the elite that rules wall street.

The inequality in the nation can be measure by this two sectors differences.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well that's just it. Governments LOVE depressions and recessions. It usually results in more power and control, especially when they have the means inflate with the FED.

Just look at two examples. In the Depression of 1920, President Harding vowed to reduce government spending, and in six months they cut it in half, the country recovered and all was fairly well. In the Great Depression, our country vowed to grow government, which led to the lengthening and worsening of the depresssion.

There are too many people in this world that think they can use government, through coercion and violence, to do good in the world. Harding for all his faults, at least did the right thing, but clearly our Constitution didn't protect from Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Bush, and now Obama from doing the wrong things....

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is more of what I am talking about. The title line suggest everything is improving but then you read a little further and your left wondering who they are trying to fool! This is an example:

US: Fed survey finds housing, manufacturing improvements drive early stages of recovery.
finance.yahoo.com...

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- Improvements in housing and manufacturing are driving the early stages of the U.S. economic recovery, according to a Federal Reserve survey released Wednesday."

But then you start to read the story:

The Fed's latest snapshot of business conditions nationwide found "many sectors" of the economy either stabilized or logged modest improvements over the last six weeks. The pickups, though, often were from "depressed" levels of activity.

Remember that I showed how the improvements are being made in my OP. Through layoffs and expansion into international markets rather than here in the U.S.

"Still, the new report adds to evidence that a recovery has started from the worst recession since the 1930s."

An $8,000 credit for first-time homebuyers boosted the housing sector. There's been concern among private economists and some lawmakers that recent gains in housing will fizzle out when the credit ends. It is slated to expired Nov. 30, although some in Congress are mulling an extension.

Both housing and manufacturing continued a "pattern of improvement that emerged over the summer," the Fed observed.

By contrast, the Fed said weakest link in the recovery was commercial real estate. Conditions were described as "either weak or deteriorating" across all 12 regions surveyed.

Consumer spending also remained weak, the Fed said.

Consumers, whose spending accounts for about 70 percent of economic activity, are expected to stay cautious given rising job losses, stagnant incomes and hard-to-get credit.

"Reports of gains in economic activity generally outnumber declines, but virtually every reference to improvement was qualified as either small or scattered," the Fed survey said.

They are so full of $**t! Tell me something, if "consumers account for 70 percent of economic activity" and these other stories are true

23 states report higher unemployment in September.

Home values are predicted to fall in 342 out of 381 markets in the next year, according to a new forecast.

The Mortgage Bankers Association said its index of mortgage application volume fell 13.7% in the week ended Oct. 16 from the prior week.

Oil hits $82 per barrel as dollar plunges.

Foreclosure Epidemic Reaching More Expensive Homes.

Just exactly who are they expecting to consume? They are planning tax increases to pay for their "bail outs". They are concidering more bailouts. This is a joke. No doom and gloom, the economy is going down! get ready folks.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Google Video Link

This video is also relevant when looking at a true recovery. It gives people who haven't looked at this topic a good look at what the Federal Reserve, and ultimately central banking in general, really means to America, now and in the past. It's from like 96, but still every bit as factual and relevant today.

And sorry to hijack the thread a bit with the end the Fed stuff, but I feel that ending the Fed and true recovery go hand and hand, and I hope after a little research, people from all political corners can agree that sound money is what's best for America, and this is only acheived by eliminating central monetary planners and installing a commodity-based currency that can't be manipulated to perpetually benefit the few at the expense of the many...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i have yet to believe some of the stuff thats put on ATS, it seems like some people just want to see the country and the globe fail.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoothCriminal22

You can bury your head in the sand if it makes you feel better. I think some people on ATS are the type that would like to be informed. Being prepared has its benefits. Your not required to "believe" anything.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Excellent POST!!! Quick Note: My father is the President of a Federal Bank, and whether or not it matters - he claims that the economy will fail (regardless of what the MSM leads us to believe). Don't believe what is forwarded to you through the news... I have more info if people are semi-interested.

PMB

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

The U.S. economy will soar by 2015.
Just hang in there.
All we need is something new.
In the 1990s it was the internet.
- World Wide Web - Jobs....jobs....jobs!
Amazon - Google -eBay - eCommerce !!!
We have something even better.
We just have to sit on it for a little longer. It's dual use technology
and there are just too many trouble makers on Earth right now.
We have the technology and the means to grow the economy fast.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Those that "manipulate" the economic/financial realms, even if there is a severe depression, would likely tell you that "Everything is great,the market goes in cycles this is just a valley before the "huge" mountain, It is a "minor" roadblock,etc...). They minimize the negativity, while maximizing positivity. They attempt to do this while there could not be any positivity at all.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by problemsolvr]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

What is "dual use technology", please?
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmb150
Excellent POST!!! Quick Note: My father is the President of a Federal Bank, and whether or not it matters - he claims that the economy will fail (regardless of what the MSM leads us to believe). Don't believe what is forwarded to you through the news... I have more info if people are semi-interested.

PMB

I am more than semi-interested. Share please.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I agree with those on this thread who thought this October was going to see worse than it has.

I'm wondering how many job losses and home losses does it take?

But maybe what I should be wondering is what am I looking for?

There are job losses - Sun Microsystems just announced thousands and those the OP mentioned.

Job losses being leading indicators means that the foreclosures will be on the rise not calming.

Detroit now has $50K houses and here in San Francisco CA there is a huge event this week with thousands of people camping out at the Cow Palace where all day there are loan negotiators and bankers going loan by loan to reduce peoples home values in large %.

So many people don't have medical insurance.

The dollar is pathetic. Traveling is outrageous. $9 for bottled water in france.

48 million people in the US are below the poverty level according to a new study that came out today on NPR.

I guess October is as bad as we thought. It's just not all dramatic - it's slow and insidious and getting worse.

The stock market isn't crashed - maybe that's what I was expecting. But now that we all know that it's smoke and mirrors. Why are we looking at that?

Gold is way up and the dollar is way down - that's more indicative.

Are we all waiting for a sign?

A run on the banks?

And why? Do we have to hit bottom and hear angel wings or something before things get better?

We do want everything to get better for everyone right? (ok maybe not bankers - they can squirm - but for the rest of us, right?)

Can't we start now - things seem sufficiently crappy.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The reason this is not just another downturn in the economic cycle is that we have reached the limit of oil production - read: of economic growth. You can't grow the REAL economy without doing stuff with oil - making goods, transporting them, getting people out and about in their cars, etc.

This is a big problem because so much of the current economic activity is BASED on the assumption of future growth - all investment falls into this category of economic activity.

True investment - as opposed to mere speculation - cannot yield profits in a non-expanding economy. This is why investing and lending have ground to a halt: the banking bigwigs know that the system is on its last legs.

Google "Peak Oil" for more info. There's even a Peak Oil topic on ATS, although it doesn't seem to get much traffic.

I don't say this with any relish; I wish it wasn't happening. But it is, and we have to deal with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pmb150

Yes, very interested!

On another note, this just in:

New jobless claims rise more than expected to 531K.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here we go again. More BS:

Leading economic indicators rise again in Sept.
news.yahoo.com...

NEW YORK – A private forecast of economic activity rose for the sixth straight month in September, a sign the economy will keep growing next year.

"These numbers strongly suggest that a recovery is developing. However, the intensity of that recovery will depend on how much, and how soon, demand picks up," said Conference Board economist Ken Goldstein.

"The Conference Board predicts future economic activity by measuring current jobless aid claims, stock prices, consumer expectations, building permits f or private homes and other data."

LOL, "strongly suggest that a recovery is developing"....wait for it.......wait for it............"However"! LOL, yes Ken, tell us! "the intensity of that recovery will depend on how much, and how soon, demand picks up".

No $**t Sherlock! it depends on how much and how soondemand picks up?

Well lets see:

The government had reported this week that applications for home building permits, a key gauge of future construction, fell in September by the largest amount in five months.

New jobless claims rise more than expected to 531K.

7,000 unemployed Americans lose their lifeline every day

Rise in new jobless claims signals soft labor market

Mortgage applications plummet 13.7%

Foreclosure Epidemic Reaching More Expensive Homes

Wal-Mart and eBay Agree: This Christmas Will Stink

Go for Gold: If the Fed Keeps Printing, the Dollar Will Keep Falling

Not everyone is doing bad!

China's growth accelerates to 8.9 percent in 3Q

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive

At least we know where some of those 531k jobs went. I heard that even GM who was helped by US tax payer money moved some plants to China. Sad situation.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4ortunate1

Originally posted by liveandletlive

At least we know where some of those 531k jobs went. I heard that even GM who was helped by US tax payer money moved some plants to China. Sad situation.

I wonder if they hire Americans. Anyone know?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

$13 An Hour Job Gets 500 Applications for one job!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by really
reply to post by Eurisko2012

What is "dual use technology", please?
Thank you.

Dual use technology means it has military and commercial uses.
I'm surprised they have kept it secret this long.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by liveandletlive

The U.S. economy will soar by 2015.
Just hang in there.
All we need is something new.
In the 1990s it was the internet.
- World Wide Web - Jobs....jobs....jobs!
Amazon - Google -eBay - eCommerce !!!
We have something even better.
We just have to sit on it for a little longer. It's dual use technology
and there are just too many trouble makers on Earth right now.
We have the technology and the means to grow the economy fast.

Who's we? Your comment suggest you know something. So you think duel use technology is the answer to our economic problems? Or are you saying the technology you are aware of that will save us is a duel use technology and we have to wait until something else happens (2015) to remove the threat of militarization of the technology you are refering to?

Lets say they came up with an alternative energy source. How would it help? The world would need less oil. That would put people out of work. Will we building large energy plants based on new technology? Im not sure I understand, maybe you could explain!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join