Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Economy to Fail, Recovery is a Scam!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

It is true that some companies are doing well, but for odd reasons.

All the companies that make bullets and firearms are doing a booming
business.

Most of the companies that got bailout money are doing well.

Most of the companies that have the government as one of their
large customers are doing well.

In other words, if you are part of 'the system', or supplying those
who fear it you are doing pretty good.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone was paying attention... But our Vice President Joe Biden said today that we are in a depression... Which we have been for some time but he is so dumb to let it slip out to the masses..

Deebo

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Caterpillar- Caterpillar reports 53 pct decline in 3rd-qtr profit on slumping sales, lifts profit outlook. Caterpillar has responded by dramatically cutting production and laying off thousands of workers. Since spotting signs of a recession last year, the company has cut 16 percent of its work force, which now stands at just above 94,000.

Caterpillar is a typical American company. It sees a business adverse Obama administration and Congress that has done nothing but increase taxes and debt since they came into office and Caterpillar is laying off workers and cutting back.

Obama and Congress have done NOTHING to encourage business to hire or gear up and increase production. Not even any hope that they will change as they keep talking about the environment and government run health care, huge spending increases, unending debt. WHY INVEST? They're doing it all wrong!!! They should be working with not against business! Obama is having a WAR right now with the Chamber of Commerce.. White House Targets Chamber of Commerce Over Opposition to Reform Plans

You people are wondering why the stock market is going up, it is somewhat of a rebound after the big fall at the Obama elections. but there are a lot of companies reporting profits now or getting back into a profitable mode. They have done that by simply cutting back on labor and increasing efficiency. Belt tightening, cutting back on expansion. I do the stocks every day and I find several profitable, low P/E companies I'd like to own (and do) every day. So the outlook is not all gloom.

But it is gloomy if you don't have a job or haven't entered the work force. Things will not turn around till we clean out this rotten bunch in Congress and get a legislature that will work with, not against business. It won't happen till Pelosi, Reid and the majority are gone!

It is so much baloney that we have to fix the environment, spend the stimulus and pass government health care before we get this country running. We need to get business running and people back in jobs first!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I laugh when people talk about a "jobless recovery". I mean how is growing unemployment a recovery? Really, how can you call consistently growing unemployment a recovery?

I also laugh when people say, look the DOW, we've recovered...Really?!?!

The Dow recently hit $10,000, gold reached record highs of comfortably over $1000 /oz., and oil is heading back up over $80 /brl. But strangely the dollar dropped proportionately in value the whole way. It's no coincidence, it's no growth in wealth, it's just inflation, and it's only gettin started.

As the dollar gets weaker it just takes more dollars to buy these commodities, really basic stuff here, yet no one in the MSM seems to see it.

They pretend the dollar's value relative to these commodities is of no significance to the conversation, when it is the CENTER of the conversation.

Peter Schiff got it right last time.

And all the other Austrian Economists continue to get it right as well.

Maybe we should just listen to Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Ludwig von Mises, Frederic Bastiat, and Thomas Jefferson to stop the bleeding and correct this mess once and for all!

END THE FED!
Sound Money, Sound Governance NOW
Why not?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Boom Slice

I've seen most of these clips before but watching all of them together like that! This guy was a lone voice (almost). The crap he had to take from all of these people for not telling us that everything is all right. Remarkable. Shows you that most of these "experts" are useless.
Have a star.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Here's my take on the situation. There are alternate realities at work here. There is the controlled media reality, that says we have turned the corner, and we have green shoots coming up. The green shoots are weeds, things you generally get rid of. Then there is the reality that Americans see every day, many directly in their own families. What they see in their lives, and what is presented on the msm is two different realities. There is a reason the two aren't the same. That's because the government's explanation for our recovery is a lie. Anybody who isn't brain dead can see it.

Another point to remember, all this misery everyone is going through is planned by the elite. they are ruining the dollar on purpose. Did you ever ask yourself whay hasn't some of the bailout money given to banks by our government made it out in loans to businesses??? All that money did was improve the bottom line of the banks, and our government gave it to them. BOTH parties were part of the process. No one is without guilt.

In the next two years, Americans will be beat down, and broken, to where the only place to turn willl be the government. That is the plan. it's all about control. As Americans, we have given up our freedom to a bunch of bankers, hell bent on controlling everything.They have just about succeded.

Folks, here's the real truth. Things are only going to get worse. You don't need to hear that, but that's the truth. Get ready for hyper-inflation, bread lines, and 30-50% unemployment. Do you realize that in a couple years, after the banks, that are being run by the government, buy up all the toxic assets with our tax dollars, that the majority of the people in the US will be working for the government??? Do the math on that one.

If one sits back and really looks at what is going on, it will shock them. It's over for most working Americans. Work up your own misery index. Be happy if you have a job. Many people are working 2 jobs at a lower wage to replace the one that went to China. many have quit looking, as there are simply no jobs available, of any kind. extended families are moving in together, ala 1930"s. Still yet, many people are living in their cars, and homeless shelters are bursting, with the "newly" poor. No longer just the shelter for street people, many of these shelters are the only place some of the newly poor have to sleep. it's only going to get worse. The creeping signs of the newly poor will turn into a torrent soon enough. Remember, it's all part of the plan.

So, everyday you hear the bull crap spewed out by the talking heads on the msm, realize they are part of the plan, a plan that wants to put you in the homeless shelter. I don't like to be a doom and gloomer, but reality is reality. You know what you see, and many times what you are experiencing, is not corresponding with what's being put out on msm.

So just get ready as best you can, in what way you can. The rest of the story is about to unfold. Welcome to the next stage of the unrecovery.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hi guys,

Here's an interesting graph of the value of the USD compared to the other major currencies.

www.fxstreet.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

it seems the components (corporations & small businesses) of the economic engine are deliberately being ignored by the growth maker Banks, who could - but are not providing - monies to keep the economic engine running.
The banks & wall street financial firms are hoarding the Trillion$ of taxpayer money to play the 100% guaranteed Interest Rate Spreads

i.e. they 'borrow' Zero%-to-one quarter % money from the FED, then buy USTreasures paying 3-4% and pocket the guaranteed profits --- then award themselves outrageous Bonuses because their BottomLine is positive.

On the other hand, the Trillion$ the select 20 or so banks have (in their greedy hands) are actually propping up the ever depreciating dollar ,with the Treasury paper & bonds they buy almost monthly....
but, these financial entities are also buying commodities and other real assets, including the magical stockmarket return to the 10,000 level.

all this activity to the Detriment of the masses, and the economy, and to the future of the social fabric and social order...

of course, one shining point of light is the company Apple Inc, because they have a Best-of-the-Best product... a $259 ipod among other expensive must-haves which the Elites & aspiring elites need... to ascend their heirarchies of power.

as for the masses...

feed them cake & give them Circuses
american idol, reality TV on plazma screens, conspiracy sites on the www,

The above is an excellent explanation of the way things really are. The banks have been given our money , and are enriching their bottom line at our expense. it's what they had planned all along, and we as Americans fell for the "too big to fail" crap.

It's all about control, the elite bankers want it, and our government, controlled by those, and other elites, are determined to give it to them. The proof is in the pudding.

Welcome to your new life as a slave to your new government, comrade.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
CNN has devoted a site and program that has been running for a while now called Road to Recovery.

www.cnn.com...

The title is uplifting and it's from the world's most respected news corporation.

CNN's on TV. They wouldn't lie.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Alot of folks are talking about hyperinflation but honestly I think that's a pretty slim chance. The Fed will do EVERYTHING within their power to stop that from happening.

I see two possible outcomes to our monetary situation:

1. The Fed has to "claw back" all the money they've printed.
The only way to do this is to raise interest rates. I mean REALLY raise interest rates. Right now 30-year mortgages are floating at just over 5%. In a year I won't be surprised for mortgages to be in the 13-15% range, maybe higher. Car loans will be at 20%+. This I think is the most likely outcome. It's how the Fed fixed our busted monetary system when they did the same thing (printed too much money) during the early 1980's recession.

2. The dollar goes bye-bye.
Pressure from China and other debtors forces the dollar into the toilet and we invent a new North American currency (the Amero). We all trade in our dollars for Ameros and get to burden Canada and Mexico with our weak monetary policy.

Unfortunately option #1 may do more harm than good. We're already in debt to the tune of trillions to other countries, and raising rates like that will get us to the point where we can barely afford the interest on our own debt.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by presario
Hi guys,

Here's an interesting graph of the value of the USD compared to the other major currencies.

www.fxstreet.com...

Yes the dollar is definitely on its way down but it needs to be right now. The dollar has been WAY over-valued for the last 7-8 years and is merely on its way back down to where it should be.

If the index goes below 70 I'd say we're definitely headed for trouble fast.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
So you went out of your way to select companies that are going to recover last.

There is a dominoe effect. Certain companies you have to watch, others are gonna lag.

When you see copper go up, then you know building is going up, then you will see the ones you listed follow.

When you see jewelry and diamonds go up, then you know the recession is over.

Even at the height of the economy, there are businesses that are hurting. You can't just select a few and go: SEE.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mortimer452

You are in the money here friend, lets take a leaf out of Australia's miracle run, a rise in interest rates by25 basis points a few weeks ago and another forcast next month, either our corporations are also booming due to creative restructuring or our government is desperate in getting buyers for our debt by offering a higher risk free rate of return

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I work as an industrial electrician through a bunch of stamping shops, and mold shops.. In the last 2 weeks I've noticed that 70% of them are so busy they're hiring.. But, like the last recession, when a little bit more faith comes into our economy, Big brother likes to put the hammer down on gas prices.. How long until we're paying $1.40 a liter again?

I can see another recession in the near future, Especially in Ontario, where they're implementing this new tax... It used to be 8% PST and 5% GST.. Now, there adding them together, 13% sales tax on EVERYTHING.. We charge $59 an hour for a service call, it's fair, it covers insurance, the truck, my wage, the gas, and some other things.. We used to only have to charge GST because it's a service.. Now.. For every hour we charge out we have to tack on another 8% tax..

Like I've always said.. If Canada has the United states worst president, he'd be better than our Best Prime Minister..

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
They usually try to keep a cow or a bull in a subdued state before they shoot them in the head at the abattoir. Just making an observation.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think Peter Schiff analyzed it best:

While all the talk at present is about economic corners turned and markets charging ahead, no one is paying much notice to an American economy deteriorating before our eyes. These myopic commentators seem to be simply moving past the now almost-universally held conclusion that before the crash of 2008, our economy was on an unsustainable course. If these imbalances had been corrected, then perhaps I too would be joining in the euphoria. But evidence abounds that we have not veered at all from that dangerous path.

Last week, the Bureau of Economic Analysis reported that consumer spending as a percentage of U.S. GDP has risen to 71%, a post-World War II record. This level is notably higher than other wealthy industrialized countries, and vastly higher than the levels sustained by China and other emerging economies. At the same time, our industrial output is contracting, our trade deficit is expanding once again (after contracting earlier in the year), and our savings rate is plummeting (after an early year surge).

The data confirms that government stimuli are worsening the structural imbalances underlying our economy. The recent ‘rebound’ in GDP is not resulting from increased economic output, but merely from the fact that we are borrowing more than ever. That is precisely how we got ourselves into this mess. An economy cannot grow indefinitely by borrowing more than it produces. Not only is such a course untenable, but the added debt ensures a deeper recession when the bills come due.

This soon-to-be-called depression will not end until the pendulum of consumer spending habits swings violently in the other direction. This will be a jarring change, but it is the splash of cold water that we need to return our economy to viability. I believe that consumer spending as a share of GDP will need to temporarily contract to roughly 50% of GDP, before eventually moving toward its historic mean of 65%. Such a move would indicate a restoration of our personal savings, a decline in borrowing and trade deficits, and an increased industrial output. That would be a real recovery.

In the meantime, the higher the spending percentage climbs, the more painful the ultimate decline becomes.

Consumers and governments must spend less so their savings can be made available to businesses for capital investments. Businesses, in turn, will produce more products and employ more people – increasing domestic prosperity. However, rather than allowing a painful cure to return our economy to health, the government prefers to numb the voting public with a toxic saline-drip of deficit spending and cheap money.

The primary factor that enables our government to peddle economic snake oil is the dollar’s unique role as the world’s reserve currency, and our creditors’ willingness to preserve its status. By buying up dollars and loaning them back to us through Treasury debt, productive countries give American politicians carte blanche to play Santa Claus.

Ironically, as foreign governments finance our spending spree, they are simultaneously scolding us for our low savings rate. At the recent G20 meeting in Pittsburgh, all agreed – including President Obama – that resolving the global economic imbalances was a top priority. By definition, this would require Americans to spend less and save more. However, with foreign central banks continuing to buy our debt, the President has shown no political will to encourage this change.

Normally, if politicians run up the government deficit, voters soon suffer the unpleasant consequences of higher inflation and rising interest rates. Yet, if foreign central banks keep supplying the funds, these consequences are indefinitely postponed. As a result, there is no need for American politicians to ever make the tough choices required to solve our problems.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The dollar is looking terrible... There is no REAL growth in our economy. How can there be? We produce nothing.

Watch Nov. 15th... A series of squares between Saturn and Pluto are initiated. Everytime this happens, it doesn't bode well for the economy or for peace.

Something Big could happen around that time.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Boom Slice

I love seeing that Peter Schiff video, but I'd love even more to see him address those clips and get those propaganda experts back to see what they say now. Nothing would please me more than to see those idiots admitting that he was right all along.

But you know, I have a feeling they'd still be sitting there saying everything is going to be fine. They really are THAT deluded.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yea, if really pushed on the issue and driven to look at the declining dollar, I think they would simply say that the government and the FED didn't do enough to solve the problem (ie, more stimulus, more TARP, more bailouts, more inflation were/are necesary).

The whole thing is really crazy, especially when people rally around the very things to solve the problems that actually are the biggest detriments to society: government and the FED.

The people listen to this madness and then call for more regulations, more bureaucrats, more power to those that created this mess, instead of just cleaning up the mess.

IMO, in order to take this country back we would need to do the following:

1) Change our foreign policy to that of the Founders (non-inteventionist) and bring our troops home from the 130 countries around the world they currently occupy.

Did you know we have 75,000 troops in Germany, 40,000 in Japan, 12,000 in frickin Italy? WHY????

www.globalsecurity.org...

So lets start there and save about a Trillion annually.

2) Continue the policy of non-inteventionism by ending all foreign aid, all tariffs and sanctions, and truly embracing world wide free trade, so that we may be a beacon of freedom, liberty, peace, and prosperity again.

3) Then, once the federal government is properly restrained from its foreign expansionist policy, then we address the monetary policy and return to commodity based currencies with some intrinsic value that cannot be artificially inflated at the expense of the many to benefit the few.

4) Then once the monetary policy is squared away, then we can address our woeful unsustainable domestic policies, which would no longer be financable with sound money. Pay out entitlements that people have paid into, but start curbing and restraining them over the next decade or two. Then eliminate the Dept of Education, the Dept. of Agriculture, and so on line by line, gone, gone, gone.

5) Then, after a couple decades of adjustment, our entire federal government could be financed by $100-200 Billion, which would be more than enough ($67 Billion currently finances all of "actual" federal government today). This would mean an end to the income tax, the 16th amendment, the IRS, and all other confiscatory taxation means (plundering the people through the use of coercion and violence is NOT a legitimate means to excecute good intentions. EVER.).

6) Then we safeguard the Constitution so that this NEVER happens again.

7) Then we become 3-4 times as prosperous as a nation, with record low unemployment, minimal poverty (which would have far higher standards of living than today), all while we embrace peace, freedom, liberty, sound money, and sound government in the process.

We keep government out of our lives, out of our money, out of our economy, out of meddling with other nations, out of mischeif, out of everything, except the only obligation and purpose it serves: to protect the rights of the People with ethical justice.

But maybe Im just chasing a unicorn....

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Boom Slice]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I love seeing that Peter Schiff video, but I'd love even more to see him address those clips and get those propaganda experts back to see what they say now. Nothing would please me more than to see those idiots admitting that he was right all along.

But you know, I have a feeling they'd still be sitting there saying everything is going to be fine. They really are THAT deluded.

Peter Schiff is a brilliant man.

The first segment of that Peter Schiff video, Art Laffer bet him a penny that he was wrong . . . Bill Maher did confront him back in Oct 2008 right after the market crashed, and asked him if he ever paid that bet

www.youtube.com...#

Another GREAT video of Mr. Schiff's, long (~60 minutes) but shares an excellent outlook:

"Why the Meltdown Should Have Surprised No One"
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join