reply to post by detachedindividual
Yea, if really pushed on the issue and driven to look at the declining dollar, I think they would simply say that the government and the FED didn't
do enough to solve the problem (ie, more stimulus, more TARP, more bailouts, more inflation were/are necesary).
The whole thing is really crazy, especially when people rally around the very things to solve the problems that actually are the biggest detriments to
society: government and the FED.
The people listen to this madness and then call for more regulations, more bureaucrats, more power to those that created this mess, instead of just
cleaning up the mess.
IMO, in order to take this country back we would need to do the following:
1) Change our foreign policy to that of the Founders (non-inteventionist) and bring our troops home from the 130 countries around the world they
Did you know we have 75,000 troops in Germany, 40,000 in Japan, 12,000 in frickin Italy? WHY????
So lets start there and save about a Trillion annually.
2) Continue the policy of non-inteventionism by ending all foreign aid, all tariffs and sanctions, and truly embracing world wide free trade, so that
we may be a beacon of freedom, liberty, peace, and prosperity again.
3) Then, once the federal government is properly restrained from its foreign expansionist policy, then we address the monetary policy and return to
commodity based currencies with some intrinsic value that cannot be artificially inflated at the expense of the many to benefit the few.
4) Then once the monetary policy is squared away, then we can address our woeful unsustainable domestic policies, which would no longer be financable
with sound money. Pay out entitlements that people have paid into, but start curbing and restraining them over the next decade or two. Then
eliminate the Dept of Education, the Dept. of Agriculture, and so on line by line, gone, gone, gone.
5) Then, after a couple decades of adjustment, our entire federal government could be financed by $100-200 Billion, which would be more than enough
($67 Billion currently finances all of "actual" federal government today). This would mean an end to the income tax, the 16th amendment, the IRS,
and all other confiscatory taxation means (plundering the people through the use of coercion and violence is NOT a legitimate means to excecute
good intentions. EVER.).
6) Then we safeguard the Constitution so that this NEVER happens again.
7) Then we become 3-4 times as prosperous as a nation, with record low unemployment, minimal poverty (which would have far higher standards of living
than today), all while we embrace peace, freedom, liberty, sound money, and sound government in the process.
We keep government out of our lives, out of our money, out of our economy, out of meddling with other nations, out of mischeif, out of everything,
except the only obligation and purpose it serves: to protect the rights of the People with ethical justice.
But maybe Im just chasing a unicorn....
[edit on 21-10-2009 by Boom Slice]