It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Economy to Fail, Recovery is a Scam!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
As many here already know and have known their was never meant to be a recovery, only a continued slide into a financial back hole. We are almost their when martial law will be necessary to control the number of angry unemployed as our dollar crumbles along with our so called "American dream" way of living. If we make it to the end of 2009 I will be surprised. I can sense ( or smell the vile oder) this will happen just days or a few weeks from now. You will know the times by the season and the level of deception. I personally never could have imagined times like now just a very few years ago. More happens in one day (as regard to lies and deceptions) than would have over many months just (as I said) a few years back.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
Unemployment is set to get worse not better. Its a "suckers rally" right now and those that are in the know are looking to get out. I was surprised to see gasoline on the increase. That will make a bad problem worse!

[edit on 20-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

The stock market is fueled by the bankers bailout - the banks have not lent the stimulus money - as they were 'supposed' to do.

In fact, nobody who knew anything about it expected them to lend it - it wasn't about 'stimulus' - it was about propping up the NWO banks during a deflationary period.

So those banks have cash sloshing around - so they speculate on the stock market - pushing it to false highs. P/E ratio's are at 140! That means it takes 140 years to get your investment money back - would anyone in their right mind think its a good investment? It is not an investment - it is speculation - buy/sell, buy/sell - that is all. Soon - they will bail out - crashing the markets.

What is now happening is intentional - the Fed is holding things steady into a deflationary environment - this is bankrupting the middle class - the real estate is being STOLEN by the NWO. Its being cleaned - and settled in the Fed - remember, the Fed does NOT belong to the people. The real estate is being STOLEN!

If you are concerned about gasoline prices you should be - it is purely the effect of the US dollar being devalued. The price of ALL commodities - including food, are going to get a LOT more expensive.

To save the domestic economy the Fed should immediately devalue the dollar. It is NOT doing so .. why not should be the question everyone is asking.

It might be due to overseas pressure - because other countries like CHina hold a lot of foreign debt, it could be because they don't want to be blamed for ruining the value of the dollar - so they take their hands off the wheel and let the market set the price - or MUCH more likely - it is simply because they know they will bankrupt America and steal all the real estate.

The real solution the Fed should have implemented at the beginning - would be to spend into the American economy - they should have let the banks fail - then spent maybe a trillion on infrastructure projects through the government. Why didn't they? Because saving the average American was never their plan.

At the moment, due to the exponential nature of the monetary system - it seems to me it would be impossible to save the system anyway.

Credit creation would have to be in the order of hundreds of trillions - so you can just about forget it - the system is headed for collapse.

Go get some credit cards - max them out - and buy silver - then default on the cards. Forget your credit rating - you are not going to have worse than the next guy anyway - and you will actually end up with some silver that will be worth something.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks for all the research and pointing this out, I've been thinking the same thing since the market started turning around in April. Why!?

Sure the market has come up alot this year . . . but based on what? There's very little in the way of economic indicators showing that the recession is slowing. Sure, some company's balance sheets are improving but only because they're cutting jobs and costs like crazy, has nothing to do with performance. Although, I suppose, the ability to cut costs when needed could be a measure of performance.

Unemployment is still rising. "They" say it's just a "lagging indicator."

Housing market is still in the gutter. "Credit crunch" they say is still going on, but IMO there is no credit crunch at all. All the lenders simply wisened up and switched went back to using the same qualifiers they did 10 years ago. If you have decent credit, you can get credit as easily as you always have. If you credit rating is mediocre, expect to have a hard time (as you should!)

I don't get it . . .

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Good effort OP, you should be commended for giving this your attention, and your best shot.

There are two events that I'm waiting on to see how the dollar based economies go forward.

1) The Chinese Dollar 'bomb' - When they decide to divest themselves of the $ reserves they have built up, this will be the final nail in the coffin of the dollar. Remember the Chinese and the Russians want to see a GLOBAL currency in play as the oil trading currency. They want to destroy the dollar to do this. If they can take down U.S. economic power at the same time, why not? When this happens, it will be swift and brutal. My guess is that they are waiting for this current mini-credit bubble we are riding to burst. The banks have already started asking for more money, so the signs are there that the second collapse is coming.

2) Institution of the 'Amero' currency as as initial replacement for the dollar. When the dollar goes down the toilet, they will replace it with the Amero, using it for trading in oil as well. The newly formed North American Union will then use equity from Canada and Mexico to bolster the value of this currency to fend off Russian and Chinese domination of the new oil trading currency. They will continually push for the global currency to stop North American domination of the oil money markets.

These events will define the future of the U.S. economy.

The Para.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
reply to post by SaturnFX

I used to think that the economy could only go up and down. I believed that the U.S. was "too big to fail". Im sure most average people think the same way. The problem is history!

"In a fiat monetary system, there is no restrain on the amount of money that can be created. This allows unlimited credit creation. Initially, a rapid growth in the availability of credit is often mistaken for economic growth, as spending and business profits grow and frequently there is a rapid growth in equity prices. In the long run, however, the economy tends to suffer much more by the following contraction than it gained from the expansion in credit. This expansion in credit can be seen in the Debt/GDP ratio.

In most cases, a fiat monetary system comes into existence as a result of excessive public debt. When the government is unable to repay all its debt in gold or silver, the temptation to remove physical backing rather than to default becomes irresistible. This was the case in 18th century France during the Law scheme, as well as in the 70s in the US, when Nixon removed the last link between the dollar and gold which is still in effect today.

Hyper-inflation is the terminal stage of any fiat currency. In hyper-inflation, money looses most of its value practically overnight. Hyper-inflation is often the result of increasing regular inflation to the point where all confidence in money is lost. In a fiat monetary system, the value of money is based on confidence, and once that confidence is gone, money irreversibly becomes worthless, regardless of its scarcity. Gold has replaced every fiat currency for the past 3000 years."

Its the fact that no fiat system has ever suvived coupled with the fact that it would be the U.S. dollar that would fail that scares me. Other currencies would keep going and the world wouldnt "end". Just our world! The U.S. has had a nice run. A lot of people in this country are to young to remember that we are capable of suffering. Just because we havent done it lately doesnt mean we wont.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by liveandletlive]

Spot on, spot on I totally agree with you. There hasn't been one instance of a fiat currency surviving long without the backing of gold or silver or some commodity. Even in Rome they where shaving the amount of gold and silver in coins down and/or adding more brass (this is the same as printing money in their time) in order to have more gold and eventually the gold and silver coins got to a point that they weren't able to be called gold or silver. Then people start to lose interest in accepting roman gold or silver coins because the quality is so poor as to be worthless, same thing is happening to the dollar. Also our economy is exactly as the first poster put it, it's being held up by overseas profits and cuts in expensive labor here in the US. We see the market go up and profits from the companies and think that everything is back to normal, but it's not. We still have unemployment going up and housing has spiked hire in forclosures because many of the programs have ended in getting what people they can to modify there mortgages. Also banks are having to finally put these houses on the market because they need to sell these houses in order to get out from under them. And also those "modifications" didn't help as much as it should because it would require a change in the mortgage bond clause that was sold to the investors and they don't want any changes, they just want their money.

Our economy isn't doing well, it's just being pumped as much as it can through the stock market and "company earnings". What will be a strong tell is when the holidays come around. If they have a dismal showing and/or have to cut prices from the get go, many businesses will go kaput taking their loans into bankruptcy and starting another wave of economic issues like last year around this time in 2008. Also everybody and I mean everybody should be following CIT bank. It's the largest lender to small businesses and retailers across america and possibly in the world. They are on the brink of bankruptcy and are trying to get bondholders to adjust their contracts on their bonds in order to lower the bond prices and/or time to pay out on those bonds from CIT. This company has passed over 2 deadlines trying to entice bondholders and after each one they have sweetened the deal in order to get them to agree and not go into a regular bankrkuptcy but a "pre-packaged" one.

Now since many vendors and businesses get 70% of their money during this time of the year, they are in trouble and vice versa for the businesses and vendors. If CIT goes into bankruptcy, then it cuts off the credit and any loans to these vendors and businesses to keep stock and sell their wares during the holiday season, so in a nutshell we see businesses going out before christmas. If the don't make any sales or have low sales then we will start to see these businesses and vendors collapsing or going into default on loans and lines of credit to CIT, which will push it into bankruptcy guaranteed. I think that CIT and other banks know that it will be a bad christmas (layoffs, credit being closed on people, no more refinancing etc. etc.) so CIT is wanting to restructure before these businesses start hurting their bottom line like a torpedo slamming into a ship.

Watch CIT.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Let me guess..., You are an economist guru? How about you post some photos of "Your silver" that "You" have bought, seeing that you advised others to do that

If anything, You'd buy Gold now, NOT silver

Edit to add this:

What the hell would I know as A South African
We have NO Gold, NO Platinum, NO uranium (Israel thanks us for that), and absolutely no precious metals...

[edit on 20-10-2009 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Good effort OP, you should be commended for giving this your attention, and your best shot.

There are two events that I'm waiting on to see how the dollar based economies go forward.

1) The Chinese Dollar 'bomb' - When they decide to divest themselves of the $ reserves they have built up, this will be the final nail in the coffin of the dollar. Remember the Chinese and the Russians want to see a GLOBAL currency in play as the oil trading currency. They want to destroy the dollar to do this. If they can take down U.S. economic power at the same time, why not? When this happens, it will be swift and brutal. My guess is that they are waiting for this current mini-credit bubble we are riding to burst. The banks have already started asking for more money, so the signs are there that the second collapse is coming.

2) Institution of the 'Amero' currency as as initial replacement for the dollar. When the dollar goes down the toilet, they will replace it with the Amero, using it for trading in oil as well. The newly formed North American Union will then use equity from Canada and Mexico to bolster the value of this currency to fend off Russian and Chinese domination of the new oil trading currency. They will continually push for the global currency to stop North American domination of the oil money markets.

These events will define the future of the U.S. economy.

The Para.

Do you see us taking this on the chin so to speak? In other words we will et the dollar fail without starting a shooting war? Or do you see a War in the making before we move to the Amero?

Where would China send all their goods while we are in transition? It only follows that will will not be getting imports from China for a good long time if our economy is in shambles.

Do you see us moving back to manufacturing more of our own?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It is just a matter of time.

Enjoy buying/selling while it lasts.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The economy is going to fail.

Good. Serves them right.

I've lived on so little for so long, that I have become self sufficient.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by peachie600
I urge everyone to see Richard Wolff's lecture "Capitalism Hits the Fan"
It just doesn't look pretty.

Is there a website or should I just youtube it?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Fair enough, were screwed, I blame Nixon.

So what then...time to reinstitute gold, silver, and copper coins as currency?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Depends on how they invest their profits...yet it will help whatever oversea market as well, but that can also come with benefits here as well.

This is like saying foreign automakers to America do not benefit their home country

Would it be better if it was all domestic? Probably. Reiterating what I said, it is all about where they invest their profits.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Fair enough, were screwed, I blame Nixon.

So what then...time to reinstitute gold, silver, and copper coins as currency?

I think they will force us into a new fiat currency. A global system seems to be whats in store. I know a lot of people on here think the government is behind this. Im not so sure. I think they are reacting. Thats what I think 911 was about. Short term solution. In 2001 the econ was in trouble and 911 bought us some time. I can only imagine what those geniuses will come up with this time. I think thats why everyone knows in the back of their minds that something big is coming. It will need to be big! Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Bernanke recovery warning

Ben Bernanke said yesterday that it was "extraordinarily urgent" that the US and Asia adopt policies that prevent a revival of global economic imbalances as the financial crisis ebbs.

The Federal Reserve chairman warned that global imbalances - the big gaps between national saving, consumption and investment rates reflected in large trade deficits and surpluses - had helped cause the crisis and needed to be corrected.

Read the rest here from FINANCIAL TIMES

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
there is a really neat article about this scenario, I really found this interesting and introduced it to my sheeple friends who have laughed at me. This article probably has been posted before, but it introduced me into this ATS world... (thanks alot NWO!!!)

read it and rate it (i would appreciate a few stars here and there)

silent weapon for quiet wars is the article...

"..Since energy is the key to all activity on the face of the earth, it follows that in order to attain a monopoly of energy, raw materials, goods, and services and to establixh a world system of slave labor, it is necessary to have a first strike capability in the field of economics. In order to maintain our position, it is necessary that we have absolute first knowledge of the science of control over all economic factors and the first experience at engineering the world economy...".

land.netonecom.net...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The majority of Americans are too busy watching CNN, FOXnews, MSNBC and following Balloon boy and Jon and Kate to realize whats happening. The banksters are probably having the times of their lives laughing at us, thinking how we gave them trillions and trillions of dollars!! And yes their going to wait until most of us are broke and homeless, until they hyperinflate the currency. That way we dont get to pay off our cars and houses with cheaper dollars, they will own our houses and assets!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
In theory, when these companies increase sales overseas, it should increase higher paying jobs here in America. Less manufacturing but more office work. This will leave us in a great advantage as these countries like China and India "grow" meaning people come out of poverty and start working.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
In theory, when these companies increase sales overseas, it should increase higher paying jobs here in America. Less manufacturing but more office work. This will leave us in a great advantage as these countries like China and India "grow" meaning people come out of poverty and start working.

Yup. I have already posted this, yet it will get over looked so I will quote you and say it again.

I ask people this. If Chinese car companies comes to America which supposedly hurts us, then how does us selling these products overseas hurt us if it is in the same boat? That isn't even considering the location of production.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by peachie600
I urge everyone to see Richard Wolff's lecture "Capitalism Hits the Fan"
It just doesn't look pretty.

For the true depth we are about to fall watch this youtube clip
Of Mr. Perkins who wrote confessions of an economic hitman.

Confessions of an Economic Hitman Pt. 1

There are groups that have been systematically bankrupting nations
around the world, and now the US is in the crosshairs.

The members of our government are fully aware as well, and some
are complicit.

Like the fact the NAFTA super highway was gonna be owned by
a company in spain and we'd pay tolls to drive on roads that
were paid for with federal tax dollars.

The Texans defeated that insanity so far.

They will try again.

The national sales tax is coming.

Over 1,000 cargo ships combined are sitting cold iron off the
coast of Singapore and Subic Bay.

It is called the ghost fleet of the recession.

We have 35 million ppl on foodstamps in the US.

We have an unfudged U6 uemployment rate over 21%.

U6 unemployment with fudge factor removed closer to 21% months ago

Tax revenues are at the lowest level since the Great depression.

Tax revenues plummet to depression levels

The highest 90 day window of foreclosure rate in US history just
happened, and yes that means over 230 years, and worse than
ANY 90 day window in the great depression.

230+ yr Foreclosure rate record set in 2009

The smoke and mirror crowd can spew all the think positive rhetoric
they want, but hard facts cannot be denied.

These things I list and much more are the Harbinger of a total collapse.

Not like 1929 in the US, more like Zimbabwe or the Wiemar Republic,
or Argentina, etc etc.

I have no idea when it will totally crash, as they are manipulating
the markets with trillions of freshly printed money.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Just wait until November when the corporate world starts a massive wave of lay-offs so that they can cut their overhead so they can look good at the end of the year and get their big bonuses...

I used to see this all the time when I was corporate. Glad I'm out of that rat race!

You mean 65% of businesses? Many businesses have already had their end of year... and where were the cuts? Almost any business that has Federal along with commercial business typically ends their fiscal year to match the governments. Which is Oct... not January.

My company isn't massive... has a bit over 55,000 employees.. but we certainly didn't see massive layoffs to make themselves "look good." In fact, after the RIFs at the start of this mess, they've slowly started hiring again. And we just recently went through a merger, which usually is rife with layoffs.

So... no, I think you are off the mark. I don't foresee massive layoffs.... because for probably around 30% of businesses, they did not happen.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join