It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek rips off Star Wars...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hey, I found this and starting laughing, gotta love how Hollywood recycles everything!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That is too funny!

Sad too, in a way....but funny! The visuals really hammer the point home....

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
hehe,
having all episodes and movies off both on dvd and watched several times... I had honestly not noticed that

nice find

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
HAHA very funny...

deserving of a flag

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

lol I have the same

Though I have a ton of Kung Fu movies and many of the cheaper productions have the same plot, boy wants revenge on person(s) that killed family/friends, wants to learn Kung Fu, goes through a hell to learn it and wins in the end.

Keeps being a winner though.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You are probably right we'dwhacker.
Will not argue the similar elements between the two. That was a small complaint of mine they also took elements of a couple other stores to. My biggest and most major complaint was and is. The enterprise she looked like an overdressed hooker compared to the original storyline enterprise. But I did like engineering sets. They were not overdone.
Thank you Draco 61:bash::bnghd:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by draco61

But I did like engineering sets.

Well, I have to disagree on that one...was very, very disappointed in many of the "Enterprise" sets, especially 'engineering'. (Did you know they shot those sequences in a brewery?? Like, where did their budget go, anyway? Couldn't build a standing set??)

It was especially silly to have young "Scotty" (or was it 'Kirk'? I forget now...) going through the tubes...VERY un-StarShip-like, IMO.

Speaking of StarShips...YES! Not only was she poorly done, in terms of the Star Trek legacy...they showed her being constructed on Earth!! :shk: :shk:

I understand, in a certain way, that JJ Abrams used the timeline-change concept to give him some free range to alter things, but THAT was too much!

I could go on and on, but that deserves its own thread (and, I think it already exists...will search).

Oh, BTW...not my video in the OP; found it, thought I'd share.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Found one discussion thread: www.belowtopsecret.com...

I thought I remembered another one, like a 'review' type thread somewhere...

[edit on 13 May 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
oh crap i never really noticed it and i saw both movies dozens of times .... lol

awesome vid.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm a big time Star Wars fan ever since, Star Trek always seemed to me like a wannabe Star Wars, so to me there is no question and doubt in mind which movie is better

top topics

join