It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in Peckham

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
reply to post by zaiger

I love how your reply as a "skeptic" is always... Lantern! Why is it so many people always send "lantern" up all the time?! bored... !?

---

Agreed, and I'd suppose CHINESE LANTERN is the new replacement by new-age debunkers. Which replaces the oldie-goldie --BALLOON.

Decoy

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by raybies
Well ive just seen the video. Looks a bit strange how the three orbs to the left are stationary but the orbs on the right are moving? Surely if they were lanterns they would all be travelling in the same direction?

I would think that a logical explaination would be that not all lanterns are made alike.

If one lantern isn't sealed correctly it will not maintain the same altitude as others and could quite easily fall into a different air stream, which would explain one either falling behind or overtaking the others.

A general statement
The only thing this video is proving is people's willingness to be blind to common sense.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Koka

Not to mention distace,elevation and direction of travel. If wind was blowing toward you at an angle the closer ones would look near stationary compared to the ones further away.

reply to post by Decoy

Why don't you read my response to that, i call lanterns lanterns and CGI CGI. And once again i am not a skeptic.

Think about it, if you were going to fake a UFO wouldn't orbs be a hell of a lot easier than trying to fake a craft?

[edit on 21-10-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

---

Hmm, I thought I had agreed with your opening post. Guess you mis-read me. It happens now and then.
There's a video of a sheriff's helicopter intercepting one huge vertical rectangle device using flir while on the way back to base from a call.
Then there's the vertical rectangles in Nevada and Florida, one hanging around a couple of days, the other stationary and revolving. Sorry I don't have the time to find the vids.

But yes, it does seem Lanterns is the new debunker term used for older age debunks or noisy negativists (Stanton F.) which called them Balloons.

Decoy

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Are the speaking Cockney???
Is this in England

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

Peckham is south London...and No its not cockney!....Its a south London slang/lazy accent!
I'm sure none of the party goers had ever seen a chinese lantern before this sighting hence their shock at what they are observing!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Actuallly, it's "Saaf Lunden" in local dialect.

Being from north of the river I seldom venture south without a stab proof vest and a wary expression on my face.....

Back on topic: They're Lanterns.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Koka

Hey Koka!
I lived/worked/slaved in "sarf landen" for 17 years.....In fact a mile or 2 from Peckam in New Cross then onto Deptford!!! lol
Then I "made" it and moved to Catford!!

I'm a Northerner born and bred though

Back on topic!.....No disrespect to the people of Peckham or to be more specific no disrespect to the party goers.....but I doubt that any of them have of heard of ATS so they could discuss their sighting!...Peckham is one of the most deprived areas of London with very poor education......this is londons "getto"!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00
reply to post by Koka

Peckham is one of the most deprived areas of London with very poor education......this is londons "getto"!

How ironic, talking about a place's poor education and calling it a "getto" I'm taking it you were trying to say ghetto?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well here's the thing - Chinese lanterns are usually orange. They are becoming increasingly popular. A friend got some at the local garden centre and guess what. They looked exactly like the footage in the video!
I guess these ones though are alien craft cunningly disguised at chinese lanterns ...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Haha HA!! Well done! Have a rosette or something!!

On topic!....
Why is it not one of these??
Have a good look around these sites....they are fascinating!
www.nightskylanterns.co.uk...
www.skylanterns.com...

Take a good look at them because you are going to see a lot more of them in the future!

Oh yer btw...Lanterns are not classed as a fire hazard in the UK!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
wwho are the nazi;s governing this post? you say one... oh yeah. CHINESE LANTERNS, say one thing off topic, or remotely close to ALIENS!!!! PARTY GOING ALIENS profanity and you are censored.... what happened to being an adult?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
double

[edit on 22-10-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
A UFO in Peckham. Seems Del Boy has come along way since the 3 wheel van.

Did the UFO have New York, Paris & Peckham on the side?

This will go right over the heads of anyone outside of England!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join