It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the world exist before you where born?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Omg! I've been pondering on this question all week now but didn't quite know how to put it into a tread

What if...
I am the center of my own (holographic) universe, which only exists as long as I'm physically here.
What if, all the other people I encounter in my Universe are only a "focus point", they appear in mine, which is an alternate reality to theirs...and vica v.
Then the passed from before my birth didn't happen, it's just a scenario in which I was born.

and I hardly make sense to myself anymore, lol

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I'm shy about tossing around terms like "holographic universe" and such but yes, technically speaking one could consider each individual to be in an "alternate reality" because if they were not, there would only be one person.

Hmmm. I'm not sure why but your post just sparked something for me even though I've encountered the ideas before. I've got to follow it deeper.

You made a little too much sense actually.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I think I definitely live in my own world. My parents always said so
they lived in their own worlds too in my opinion but the fact remains they were here before me (they always had that on me
).

So I guess my answer to that question is that I think yes the world was there before me and yes regardless of that I still get to live in my own private, customized, personified, pimped world like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Well simple question, did the world exist before you where born and will it after you die?

Personally i think we all live in our own worlds and i know there is a term for that.

Do you think the world existed before you where born, plus if you do, why do you?

I am not saying i believe in this, i am just asking, though i do believe we all live in our own worlds.

No, being born is only a physical distortion, when your born your not brought into being, you were already 'being' before that.

We don't live in our own little worlds, we're all of the same infinite singularit.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I only use the term 'holographic universe' because of lack of a better description, I'm wouldn't know how to call it otherwise.

I see it as if everyone has his own universe, one universe for one soul which contains the 'copies' of everyone else aswell, but not the 'source' of everyone else.
Only one problem with the theory, it would mean that no one else can influence your reality but you yourself, and we don't really influence someone else, we only influence their copies, or their 'shadows'.

lol, I'm glad my brainstorms gave you a spark.... now return the favor will ya

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ha, thats a good one. We all know what Einstein says, time is just an illusion no matter how persistent; and the past, present, and future are all happening simutaneously. So, I like to think its as individually based as you want it to be. Me personally, I like to think that my soul arranged a meeting with all the other souls I am to ever come into contact with and with each time I come into contact,I am to learn a "lesson", or they are a test to see how I will act in this tough situation as far as looking for love in that moment. Which is a lot tougher then you think and is the core of spirituality if you ask me. So, my anwser is a mix of yes and no, the planet itself physically will be here, but what your soul contributed to the planets soul(very technical) will be gone when you "leave"; so in essence that part of the world would be gone.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

It might be a little too soon to have gotton any huge insights.

Of course I have to relate it to a virtual reality simulation ala The Matrix-- such a useful tool in these discussions.

Consider that literally there has to be a separate simulation for each individual because the world has to be computed and presented differently to each. Now, in each of those, only the avatars of the individual are present. Noone is actually present in any of them.

If the world were presented identically to two or more individuals, they would not know they were not the same person so in fact they actually would be the same one. Others would have them identically represented in their own simulations. If there were any divergence, at that very moment more than one simulation would be needed and they would cease to be the same individual.

Those two can never meet, for if they did or even had anything happen where one didn't precisely match the other, their realities would split, requiring separate simulations. However, they could see each other, but only as reflections or tilings of themselves looking at each other doing the same thing they are doing-- looking at each other. They would experience those others as themselves oblivious to the fact they are not, but by that they actually are for no distinction exists-- they are in "lock step".

But, alas, this analogy is weak in that we know that it's brains jacked into a computer interface. The problem is resolving an apparent gap between one and many where one experiences many from separate and distinct points of view while keeping each seemingly anchored within a particular first-person reference. I feel what you said is pointing in the correct direction to discover how it is actually wired up to perform that magic.

Edit:
Others do affect one's own reality because when an individual does something in their own, everyone else's is updated with the new information. Really, it's probably very much like online gaming simulation connected through a network.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by GypsK

Others do affect one's own reality because when an individual does something in their own, everyone else's is updated with the new information. Really, it's probably very much like online gaming simulation connected through a network.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by EnlightenUp]

ha! Never thought of that.... and it makes perfect sense

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

It's a singular unity, there are no seperate worlds all that is, is the One Infinite Creator.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by GypsK

It's a singular unity, there are no seperate worlds all that is, is the One Infinite Creator.

That's fine and all but noone should shy away from exploration beyond that. It doesn't really get at anything very deep to understand how a singularity is also manifest as multiplicity in the way it is. We see one something-or-other we call the creator and we see this world of dualities but the actual workings of his "machines" tend to be hidden or mysterious to his creations. What really unites the apparent extremes is well concealed, perhaps for good reason.

Knowing on that level actually answers all the birth, life and death stuff and bestows an inordinate amount of power to anyone capable of utilizing the knowledge.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I can understand what you are saying, nothing existed before me/my world and infact nothing else is real, it's all merely a dream, game scenario etc.

However, to take the ego out of the situation I have to think in the form of one of my kids. So that means before my son was born I didn't exist, or I only came into existance when he was born. So what are the memories I have before I was a Mother ? And I have independant thought/experiences/life outside each of my kids whilst they are here - i.e. they go to school I go to work, or they go to the sitter I go out for a night.

So are they not real and I'm still the only one existing ? Or are they real and I'm real but we are one being thinking we are more than one ?

And if only one can be real - them or me ?

Or if I'm One experiencing myself being a Mother - then none of us are real !

Fascinating !

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwendoline
And if only one can be real - them or me ?

Or if I'm One experiencing myself being a Mother - then none of us are real !

We're all just as real.

And yes it a mind bender and looking at either extreme doesn't reveal the whole picture. It really feels like a veil in that we only see one or many and not something in between. We easily can perceive many as many units acting in a singular purpose or easily conceive of a singular entitiy but there is something of a different nature that that is blotted out of our vision (well, mind anyways). The only view is what is on one side of the blind spot or the other and the mind fools one into thinking it isn't there by filling in from the edges.

Best answer I get can right now is the world did and did not exist and does and does not. Encoding higher levels in lower levels seems to require paradoxes with the higher level state being a unification of varying degree. That's that strange little triangle deal, trinity or whatever you like except it looks more like a Sierpinski gasket fractal or maybe Pascal's triangle.

I guess it's time for me to slow down here and meditate.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This thread shows, lol, why the universe is too complex for our minds. We only have our perspective of life, but cannot imagine what the real whole is.

It is all mind bending, and i like the way you people are taking this lol.

Such a shame that we did not have the net when i was at school, and in life, as i would have loved these threads at those times. Normal sheeple just cannot seem to imagine these sorts of things, and most people into this cannot ever discuss with anyone what they think, and this is what is good about the net.

I say we are not part of the one, i think we all live in our own worlds, and i think the universe is weirder than the one world people think it is.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

We don't live in our own little worlds, we're all of the same infinite singularit.

We will have to agree to disagree here. I think we all live in our own worlds. I do nto believe in all this david icke, we are all one stuff. I understand what he means, but i think we all live in our own worlds, and its how these all interact that make the reality we have.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
This thread shows, lol, why the universe is too complex for our minds. We only have our perspective of life, but cannot imagine what the real whole is.

It is all mind bending, and i like the way you people are taking this lol.

I have to part ways regarding that it's about complexity. It actually needn't be complex but rather certain truths only have to be foreign enough to our thought processes to remain hidden. They could actually be quite profoundly simple.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

reply to post by GypsK

That's fine and all but noone should shy away from exploration beyond that. It doesn't really get at anything very deep to understand how a singularity is also manifest as multiplicity in the way it is. We see one something-or-other we call the creator and we see this world of dualities but the actual workings of his "machines" tend to be hidden or mysterious to his creations. What really unites the apparent extremes is well concealed, perhaps for good reason.

Knowing on that level actually answers all the birth, life and death stuff and bestows an inordinate amount of power to anyone capable of utilizing the knowledge.

Think of everything as a distortion in an infinite continuum. It's only different fractals of viewing of a single being. We are all, a single being in Infinity, there is no real death nor real birth there only IS. When you die it's not over it's simply a heal, plan, and incarnation. Quite a simple complexity (oxymoron intended).

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Really cool Topic!!

I thought of that often, too.. But not if the World was here before and after. But for example with Airplanes. I always thought, are we really flying from here to there, or are we just sitting in a machine where pictures are being projected to us (windows) until the 'teleportation' to that other country (or world) was done..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Think of everything as a distortion in an infinite continuum. It's only different fractals of viewing of a single being. We are all, a single being in Infinity, there is no real death nor real birth there only IS. When you die it's not over it's simply a heal, plan, and incarnation. Quite a simple complexity (oxymoron intended).

Yes, yes. Ha. I've been there. I've also NOT been nowhere. You know what? I feel stupid as hell for it! LOL!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Don't you see everything is The Infinite One (The creator or "god") experiencing itself. That's the foundation of enlightenment to be "One".

Some cool stuff to check out that is quite mind blowing.

Start from book 1

www.llresearch.org...

Read atleast the first book before you start questioning.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Don't you see everything is The Infinite One (The creator or "god") experiencing itself. That's the foundation of enlightenment to be "One".

Some cool stuff to check out that is quite mind blowing.

Start from book 1

www.llresearch.org...

Read atleast the first book before you start questioning.

I'm not as green as it seems you're assuming and I am certainly entitled to my own manner of discovery and the level of detail I will accept. I read a little and it seems Ra pretty much asks the same as I, that you have to create the understanding yourself. The trouble is that gap and the troubles Ra experiences when stating things like "This understanding should be pondered by your mind/body/spirit complex as it is a distortion which plays a part in your experiences at this nexus." Every thing passed back is a distortion, much like the projection of a tesseract or other polychora into 3-D is a distortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join