It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the world exist before you where born?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well simple question, did the world exist before you where born and will it after you die?

Personally i think we all live in our own worlds and i know there is a term for that.

Do you think the world existed before you where born, plus if you do, why do you?

I am not saying i believe in this, i am just asking, though i do believe we all live in our own worlds.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I think i kinda get what you are saying... for me the answer is yes and no...

The world did not exist for me... so... no

The world did exist doe others born before me... so... yes

Also... if the world didn’t exist before me then where did my mother come from?

So i guess the answer is actually yes whatever way you look at it

I have a headache

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Personally i think we all live in our own worlds and i know there is a term for that.

Holographic universe?

The theory is certainly gaining ground. Its kind of comforting if its true that all this is just virtual reality.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
My belief is yes it was here before I got here and I have never had a say as to how it should be once I arrived.
I was just plopped out and had to deal with the decisions that were made before I got here and to this day I still have no say and do not agree with how people ruined it before i got here.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The thing is we accept we came from our mother and she was here before we where born, but is that really the case, how do we really know?

We don't.

I am not saying it is fact, but we do not know.

But i do think this proves that we all live in our own world, it is just how all our worlds coexist, and interact that makes our world work.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have thought like this before. Like what if everyone I know/interact with and see are all my personal visual. And what if others are going thru the same thing. My thinking began to piss me of so I stopped thinking this way.

[edit on 10/20/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Solipsism?

I mean that based on the other things you said, not just on this part above.
I am sure many people will think this a juvenile question. But it's not as "duh" as it sounds. And I don't think solipsism itself is so "duh" either, come to think of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What came first? The chicken or the egg?

If you'd like to follow a sort of Socrates (I think Socrates) line of thought, meaning that before you entered this world you knew everything there was to know about everything, but the trauma of birth made you forget most of it (but it's still in your mind), then yeah It's plausible that the world is an illusion that a random consciousness centered around yourself created, and birth would represent a transition from a consciousness of total chaos to one that of some stability.

But that would mean you're your own God.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
But if you yourself subscribe to this theory, and if it were true, how does everyone else's reality tie into yours, especially those born before or after you?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

How can it be juvenile. Plenty in history have thought about this.

If your going to die one day, you have to wonder.....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Ethereal Gargoyle

How can it be juvenile. Plenty in history have thought about this.

Well, these days we usually leave the thinking to someone else dont we...

People are way too afraid to be different.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Andy.... I didn't say it was juvenile, did I?
I said the opposite, actually.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well simple question, did the world exist before you where born and will it after you die?

SNIP

I think the answer to this question lies in how one would define World, Exist, Born and Die. If one can personally define those ideas, than one can personally answer those questions relative to definition that one believes.

Of course, you also have to define Belief... and than around it goes.

ETA: S&F good question!

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Holographic universe?

The theory is certainly gaining ground. Its kind of comforting if its true that all this is just virtual reality.

whats the difference between a virtual reality, and reality?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

If you're talking to me I have a simple answer for it.

I am me. I know I am me, I exist, I think therefore I am, etc. . . All other beings are an illusion created by me to hold the stability of my conscious universe together. This doesn't apply to other people because they simply don't exist in the "True" Reality where no one exists except for my consciousness.

But you will say "I know that I'm real, what if you're the one who isn't real?" Well what if I'm not? This doesn't break down the argument, in fact it propagates by ensuring that my reality is a stable one where other people "exist" because I have created it so that every other "being" in my reality believes that we are taking part in a shared reality.

That's SO confusing, I hope you get what I'm saying.

But it's a theory only a theory.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by Copernicus

Holographic universe?

whats the difference between a virtual reality, and reality?

Excellent point.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah the World existed before I was born.

My mother gave birth to me.

My mother lived in the exact same World before I was born that I live in now.

Therefore my mother existed and that is why the World existed

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think I wondered about these sorts of things sometime before my fourth birthday. I suppose it isn't substantially different than wondering if the world was actually black and white when my parents were young, you know, before "they" invented color.

I suppose now it occurs to me that color is a conspiracy by TPTB to distract me with extra useless information so that they may hide in all the noise. I'm pretty sure color wasn't widespead before the communists started gaining a strong foothold in the west. They are called "reds". Makes one wonder, eh?

To ask if the world existed before I was born is a silly question. The was no "I" that had a "me". After death, it's the same thing. The larger organism continues therefore the world continues. There was and will be a me that isn't me. I'll avoid the thorny details of that after finding time and time again that my biological transducer is inadequate to the task of transferring such knowledge into this realm. 'Tis better to work on it internally.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What about the stories of people having phantom pains or haunting dreams and realize it was from a past life? I think some experiences stick to the soul for a short time and if true, provides enough evidence to believe the world existed before me.

At the same time I can answer no, because I am all that exist so I never left. We are all a part of same great whole, we just dont know it and that gives the illusion of being seperated, but we really aren't.

You are the only person here. Pretty lonely huh? Don't worry it doesn't matter, that's why you choose to forget it and it's easy to do...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious Sceptic
Yeah the World existed before I was born.

My mother gave birth to me.

My mother lived in the exact same World before I was born that I live in now.

Therefore my mother existed and that is why the World existed

You're sorta missing the big picture here. Take for example the world did not exist before you were here, it's still possible to explain w/ your mom because if you were put here only to experience, maybe that experience was something particular, and if it was this was all staged and set up so that you could experience this. If this were true then we could imagine our parents and the people before us were created, or made up, played by soul groups.. The day you were born is the day the world started, the day your mother gained her memories needed for this experience the same as you did the same day, your birthday.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join