It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct. 2009 California Economy Update... whats going on out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
George has posted a couple of new video's...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

here is Larouche~! update 10/16/09
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
just curious, whats being talked about?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's bad from what I read... they've lost 5 times MORE jobs in september than in august... the situation is getting worse... not better.... and MUCH worse.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

The California Economy is number 5 on planet earth. if she goes-- we all go... so, since california is without a doubt in the lead on this depression we are entering into... I figure the rest of the US is about 60 days behind CA. on this crisis...

oh, I just came back from Lawyers office and I saw 50 foreclosures on his desk for just today... so, Florida is getting worse as well....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I am sure that the pun is intended.

reply to post by Anti-Evil

G4T is a hack. I was a subscriber for a while, but after he went to Michigan and showed himself falling off a ladder like a goof into a basement--all to some "creepy" soundtrack--I began to lose interest. He followed that with a video on how to save money at Disneyland. Total economic collapse...take your kids to Disneyland! Yah! He's a complete tool.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
well, if you got it use it... it aint gonna be worth much in a few months if this Lord Christopher Monckton's presentation is correct.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
dont buy into the hype the guy is just trying to make money off doom and gloom like the news...i live in cali in silicon valley and while yes there is unemployment here it pretty much seems like everything is normal....i dont see a bunch of empty houses anywhere, the malls and shopping centers are always full on weekends, restaurants and movie theaters are pack, and half of the town owns a damned mercedes. to top it off, i personally know only 2 people who arent finding a job, one is a worthless guy who just wants to live for free on unemployment, the other has the iq of a 2nd grader.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by chrisd250]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

Well I should come over the hill, then. Over here in SC land, there are no j o b s to be found. I have never had such a tough time finding work!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

possibly because santa cruz is a tourist town? that would be my guess...its only a half an hour drive my friend...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250
dont buy into the hype the guy is just trying to make money off doom and gloom like the news...i live in cali in silicon valley and while yes there is unemployment here it pretty much seems like everything is normal....i dont see a bunch of empty houses anywhere, the malls and shopping centers are always full on weekends, restaurants and movie theaters are pack, and half of the town owns a damned mercedes. to top it off, i personally know only 2 people who arent finding a job, one is a worthless guy who just wants to live for free on unemployment, the other has the iq of a 2nd grader.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by chrisd250]

Wow. Over in SacATomatoes where I live, the unemployment rate is HIGH and there are TONS of empty houses. We have 4 empty houses on our block alone.

I know the Bay Area has its own economy due to the culture and the demographics, but 1.5 hours to the east is a totally different story. I have applied for a TON of jobs and have been told for each one I appiy to there are about 500 other applicants. It doesn't matter that I have a MS and 10+ years of experience. They are hiring PhDs for sales positions. I found out yesterday that Boreal Ski Club on the California summit is hiring MSs and PhDs as lift operators. That is not a normal occurence. My friend was a lift operator right out of high school.

There is nothing normal about the economy of california.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm from Northern Cali, though I don't currently live there.

The economy there, among a few other things, are the only thing preventing me from moving back home right now, well that and being able to sell my house on the East coast.

I miss California, Northern California specifically.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ok, it appears that Californians are settling into their new reality. it appears a floor is under foot... so if California is stabilizing then we should see the rest of America Stabilize....

* they have to get real estate working again... and I expect any day that the skys are blue and the birds are chirping again...
but me thinks this is the calm before the storm....
all of the patriot groups are forming a consensus - and that basically involves a show of hands from everyone... I wonder how many people will vote to do nothing...????? but it appears, the people are selecting Draftee's to serve as appointed officials so something is heating up.

I wonder if the bastards in Washington realize that they are just a month or so away from all out hell... I think all it will take is OBAMA to leave for Denmark and if he does.... well, all bets are off.... lock and load...

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
ok, it appears that Californians are settling into their new reality. it appears a floor is under foot... so if California is stabilizing then we should see the rest of America Stabilize....

California is a LONG way from recovery. The Alt-A and Option ARMs are due to reset in the coming months/years. This will start our foreclosure bubble all over again.

Here's a link to one of my favorite Housing Blogs:

Dr Housing Bubble

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

Yea, half hour at 2am on a Monday. When's the last time you commuted from here to there in rush hour traffic? Not to mention the 17 itself. No thanks, I'll stay here in tourist town.

new topics

top topics

join