It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Episode Of UFO Hunters on Oct. 29

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

I already mentioned the UFO Hunters marathon in the TV section of BTS. I think the show is entertaining and they have had a few good episodes where something was learned.

There still are some of us who watch TV to be entertained. If one does not like the show, turn the channel or shut off the TV.

BTW, it starts at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central time on Thursday, October 29 2009.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I haven't seen the dogfight episode. I know they would never actually give real proof, the real proof would come from some kind of government agency if it ever did.

Bill has always been the one who seems to have the wildest imagination to his theories of how it happened, but they balance the show with the other two, as another person mentioned before. I'll check out the dogfight link, thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

why would you want to tell everyone about the show if you think the show "sucks big time" ?

i don't get the logic......am i missing something

It's a troll thread

He created it simply to try and anger some people. Why else would he let people know that a show he apparently hates soo much is going to be showing a new episode?

He's trying to look like he's just being informative, but he's really just trying to get on peoples nerves. Clearly seen in his OP. Look at how often he mentions the show being dumb. Don't fall for it. He showed what he's really about in one of the last threads he created that backfired on him.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I love the show and while sometimes they do stretch things, a lot of stuff is valid IMHO, and it not just about "entertainment" it is also about what they honestly think, hence the differing views.

Excellent Show in my book and I am glad it is back!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I agree with many of the above posts. Its a good thing to have a UFO show being endorsed by cable tv. Whether its good or not, or whether the hosts are too this or too that is really secondary to the fact that ufology is getting prime time exposure or there abouts. Its so easy to criticize so many tv shows because everything has already been done and is just recycled. This however is the only show focusing on ufology. We should all be thankful for TPTB letting us have one. Only if purely entertainment.

Its like all the people who criticize education or unemployment benefits or any other institutions within society. We may not like it but its all we have to work with.

I thought the show seemed half credible, if not a little far fetched. But its better than listening to that skeptic James MacGayhe (ohhh brother) on Larry King.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is it just possible that the OP was legitimately alerting us of the new episode WHILE giving his opinion of the show? But no....It can't be that can it? It HAS to be the fact that he is trolling and trying to start a flame war between the nonexistent "sceptics" and "believers"...

Give me a break people, stop attacking everyone that has a different opinion than you. All the OP was doing is alerting us that a new episode was airing soon and giving HIS OPINION of the show. So for that I guess he gets flamed right? Why in the hell do we all continuously try to convince other people (whose opinions really don't matter in regards to any actual disclosure) that UFOs do or do not exist?

I REALLY wish we would all stop childishly bickering with each other over some non-relevant crap and start just looking at the facts of our subject matter.............. Is this too much to ask?

EDIT to add: Because I think some did not grasp fully what I was trying to say. Does it really matter how someones opinion comes off? It was THEIR opinion, why argue about it? This is going to help ufology how? Regardless if the OP came off as "pompus" and "arrogent", he was stating HIS opinion, he never stated that "anyone who watches UFO Hunters (lol, can NOT believe I am actually typing this) is an idiot and stupid."

The OP only stated that in HIS OPINION the show is bunk, now while he could have came off in a better manner I still do not see the point in debating an opinion of a damn UFO show. I mean, as easynow said, of the OP would have said he believes everything that is said on the show then we would sure have embers bashing that opinion...My point is why do we waste our time fighting about such things??? There is NO point...

[edit on 10/20/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
So Heene wants to be an American Iky and inform us all.

Thats because it belongs in another thread about Reptilians.
Sorry about that.
Don't open too many threads at once.

I still like the post but needs a good place.
Got to know who Iky is though and don't think I got his name wrong.

Yeah so UFO Hunters are back yippieee.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

we are only reacting to his opinion of the show.

if i started a thread on this topic announcing the new shows and said i think Bill Birnes is the smartest guy on the planet and has no faults and the ufo hunters show is the best ufo program possible and if you don't like the show and don't believe everything on it your a skeptical fool...

wouldn't i get the same kind of reaction ?

i think this is really just a case of reap what you sow.

with that said...i'm glad to hear the show didn't get cancelled and i am looking forward to seeing the new episodes.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If he was really just trying to be informative while giving his opinion of the show, he wouldn't have posted it in the manner he did. He makes it a little too clear how he feels about it and what he thinks of the people who like to watch it. In so many words, he called them fools for watching the show. How does he know what the people who watch it think of it? He based that solely on his opinion of the show. He doesn't like it so that must mean anyone who does is a fool.

He keeps posting as if he speaks for all skeptics of ATS and in doing so he's really hurting their image. I'm not the only one who sees that. Many of them brought that up in that "bashing" thread of his.

I could talk about this more, but it's a waste of time. Anyone who saw that "bash" thread of his can see what he's trying to do with this thread. I'm not here to argue/fight about it, but I will call him out when he attempts stuff like this.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by easynow

why would you want to tell everyone about the show if you think the show "sucks big time" ?

i don't get the logic......am i missing something

What's wrong with being informative? Am I the only one? I can express my opinion on a popular topic that appears here once in a while and being an open forum I can add my two cents whether others agree with my small amount or not.

On another reply to this thread someone said that there was a skeptic, a believer, etc., and that it made for a balanced presentation. Although I don't agree that UFO HUNTERS, in the end analysis, presents anything but chaff I still catch some episodes. But when they show Bill Birnes about to speak, I mute the TV. The othes are okay but they're not questioning enough for my tastes and eventually end up buying their own b.s.

Nobody's got anything wrong with your dang opinion, Ed. Your opinion is just fine. It's your arrogant and pompous delivery of said opinion sometimes that makes you come across like a first class (posterior of any animal of your choosing here)!

Other than that, I think you're a pretty swell fella. Downright informative at times. I've actually learned some things from you. Amazing! But then there are times when I think you are ready to pick a fight and you will post some of the most inflammatory crap I've ever read. I get the popcorn then, cuz I know it's gonna be good at that point. Yeeeeehaaaaaw!!

So with my response being a little assinine, I just thought I would be the one to be your mirror for a little bit (this time?). I'll probably get banned, warned, red flagged and have bad things said about my mama. *sheeesh!* But it was worth it!

Now back on topic: Where is the daggum Dorothy Izatt Episode?!? It's like the Golden Fleece of UFO Hunters episodes. Crikey, it's making me say stupid stuff and look at my hamster in a funny way.

Have a nice day!

Erik

PS - I blame Jeff and Jeremy on Paratopia for my weirdness. They made me behave this way. Honest!

[edit on 22/OctpmTue, 20 Oct 2009 17:41:59 -0500/08 by redwoodjedi]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

You have stated perfectly what is wrong with most of the ATS Aliens and UFOs forum members; too many "controllers" who want everyone on the forum to behave as they want you to. If one posts critically, only offering a personal opinion, the hard-line believers cannot handle it and they excoriate you not realizing that their kind of behavior was supported by someone who committed suicide in a bunker. I started a thread pointing out what you said and boy did they come out of the woodwork!

As I read all of the venom expressed here I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure I'm still in America.

Excellent commentary, thank you.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
reply to post by jkrog08

If one posts critically, only offering a personal opinion, the hard-line believers cannot handle it and they excoriate you not realizing that their kind of behavior was supported by someone who committed suicide in a bunker.

A classic example of Godwin's Law.

Reductio ad Hitlerum.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Well I for one am glad the show is coming back (maybe all those petitions did something after all, or maybe it will be just a "once in a while show" now).

This is interesting. I was not aware that someone had to petition to bring it back. I watched the four episodes on Oct. 29 and thought it was odd that they ran four new episodes in one night. I also thought one of the episodes had an almost "epilogue" feel to it when Bill removes his sunglasses to reveal a pair of CGI "alien" eyes as he seems to sign off the program permanently.

I guess I'm behind on following this show, but does all this mean it's basically dead?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join