It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Episode Of UFO Hunters on Oct. 29

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For you enthusiasts of the awful show UFO HUNTERS, good news, I just saw a commercial announcing its return on October 29 on the non-History Channel.

And I saw Bill Birnes on another video claiming he was representing the History Channel!

It goes without saying and as I've expressed in the past, in my opinion, the UFO HUNTERS show sucks, big time!

But if you enjoy such foolhardiness, enjoy.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's not a bad show. Sure, there are some WILD leaps of logic on the part of Bill Birnes, but the show is entertaining overall, and at times features some interesting evidence.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I like this show. Why? Because it is entertainment. It doesn't present the most sound, scientific facts. But that's why I like it. It's stuff to ponder, stuff to think about. If it were fact, then the world would be a different place.

And the stuff that Bill says is usually just to stir up controversy between other people on the staff, and bring about discussion. It's entertainment.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by DocEmrick]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
I like this show. Why? Because it is entertainment. It doesn't present the most sound, scientific facts. But that's why I like it. It's stuff to ponder, stuff to think about. If it were fact, then the world would be a different place.

And the stuff that Bill says is usually just to stir up controversy between other people on the staff, and bring about discussion. It's entertainment.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by DocEmrick]

exactly why i like the show, it wouldnt be entertaining if bill wasnt the "out there" one to mix it up a little.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
For you enthusiasts of the awful show UFO HUNTERS, good news, I just saw a commercial announcing its return on October 29 on the non-History Channel.

And I saw Bill Birnes on another video claiming he was representing the History Channel!

It goes without saying and as I've expressed in the past, in my opinion, the UFO HUNTERS show sucks, big time!

But if you enjoy such foolhardiness, enjoy.

Your response cracks me up!

Bill Birnes and his magazine are not investigators they are entertainers.

They do very little research or utilize available technology.

Their episode on AUTEC the Navy contract base in the Bahamas was a joke.

Their expert on what was going on there was a Psychic that remote viewed the base and saw aliens.

I thought at some point they would discuss the known gravitational anomaly just off the coast of the base, but they did not.

You can see it for yourself by using GEarth and downloading the KMZ file from Earth Magnetic Anomaly Grid.

Look for Andros Island in the Bahamas (big island nearest to Florida) and Andros town which is the base.

You will see the anomaly off the coast.

What a joke.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Actually it's more than one new episode it's like four.

www.history.com...

I actually rather enjoy the show and have to say I thought they were on a roll last season. Yeah Bill is pretty far out sometimes, but he makes you think about it. They usually present some interesting evidence, although they never really conclude much. For those of you who don't like Bill you got a look at it this way you have the Skeptic (Kevin), The On The Fence Guy (Pat), and The Believer (Bill). It's quite a nice balance of view points I think.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

why would you want to tell everyone about the show if you think the show "sucks big time" ?

i don't get the logic......am i missing something

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Clearly he's trying to get stars and flags. He knows the UFO buffs will do so in turn, all the other UFO guys will see it. I'm glad I read it... if I can get to some cable TV I'll be watching it, I find the show interesting at least. I won't be adding any stars or flags though

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with that show, sure they have Bill, the far out believe anything guy, but they also have the skeptic on the show too, that keeps the over all show grounded quite nicely.

All I hear is how whacky Bill is, but no one mentions the skeptic. (lol and I forget his name)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
UFO Hunters UFO Surveillance part 1/5
Or Foos over long Island and near Atomic Plants
was interesting:

History Channel UFO Hunters 305 Nazi Ufos
Or one time eyewitness has saucer direction indicator:

Agile Foos same as in days of old, at least from the B-17 raids.
Consider the ether agitation around Atomic Plants and labs and
if the Foo and all UFO ships are ether sensitive then riding the
waves must be awesome. Considering the fact that the inventor
of ether flight said his ship would be stable in wind and storm.

ED: Remote saucer indicator or heading of front of rod ship for
the rear compartment as the front turns as the back is stationary.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

you might be right , not sure. maybe he wants us to convince him the show doesn't "suck big time" ?

:shk:

for anyone that's interested there is supposedly four episodes...

aliencasebook.blogspot.com...

directory to some of the past shows...

i thought some of the episodes were good and even though they failed on many things i also learned a few things

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

why would you want to tell everyone about the show if you think the show "sucks big time" ?

i don't get the logic......am i missing something

What's wrong with being informative? Am I the only one? I can express my opinion on a popular topic that appears here once in a while and being an open forum I can add my two cents whether others agree with my small amount or not.

On another reply to this thread someone said that there was a skeptic, a believer, etc., and that it made for a balanced presentation. Although I don't agree that UFO HUNTERS, in the end analysis, presents anything but chaff I still catch some episodes. But when they show Bill Birnes about to speak, I mute the TV. The othes are okay but they're not questioning enough for my tastes and eventually end up buying their own b.s.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
reply to post by easynow

Clearly he's trying to get stars and flags. He knows the UFO buffs will do so in turn, all the other UFO guys will see it. I'm glad I read it... if I can get to some cable TV I'll be watching it, I find the show interesting at least. I won't be adding any stars or flags though

Keep your stars and flags, I didn't ask for them nor do I need them nor do I care if they're added or not. Stay on topic insults only reflect on you.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well I for one am glad the show is coming back (maybe all those petitions did something after all, or maybe it will be just a "once in a while show" now). I always thought the "skeptics" (I hate using that word and it is only used here in comparison to Bill's EXTREME bias in most cases) balanced out the cases well enough. Of course all of the case investigations ended up being inconclusive, but lol what does anyone expect, the very first case we get that IS conclusive and NOT a hoax or misidentification we won't be "hunting UFOs anymore will we?"

I also think UFO Hunters brings some good cases to light, cases that a lot of the public would not know about otherwise, or as some member said, "it makes you think". Thanks for posting this alert Skeptical Ed....S/F...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What's wrong with being informative? Am I the only one? I can express my opinion on a popular topic that appears here once in a while and being an open forum I can add my two cents whether others agree with my small amount or not.

nothing wrong with being informative , i just didn't understand the logic of coming out the starting gate with a negative outlook on it.

i guess your glass is half empty and mine is half full ?

i agree, Bill Birnes does go off the deep end alot but as others have pointed out it makes it entertaining. one thing you have to admit about Bill is, he has a vast knowlegde of the subject in general and i am sure that factors into which subjects they pick for each episode. without that what would we really have ? a show orchestrated by skeptics only ? yuck

i liked the UFO Surveillance episode. it had some ufo video that i had not seen before

[edit on 20-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

They never really have a big conclusion about a definate UFO but like I said, it's entertaining at least. When I am at the relative's house and I can, I lock the channel to history if it's on. Anything on history channel is good I think. Most everything is very informative on that channel.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We can always have a case of agents at play, putting up garbage
information just to have supporters and detractors all supported
by the dis information services to keep them alive and all three
or four involved in the mission to lead nowhere because the whole
operation is blessed by the government that does not want to be
concerned.

So Heene wants to be an American Iky and inform us all.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
We can always have a case of agents at play, putting up garbage
information just to have supporters and detractors all supported
by the dis information services to keep them alive and all three
or four involved in the mission to lead nowhere because the whole
operation is blessed by the government that does not want to be
concerned.

So Heene wants to be an American Iky and inform us all.

Why do all your posts sound like this?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

did you ever see the ufo dogfight episode ?

not many conclusions can be drawn other than it was a UFO.

i wouldn't ever expect a show on Tv to have absolute proof of UFO's anyways because they don't want to scare the crap out of the public. it's a well known fact that some of the Alphabet agencies of the U.S. goverment have over the past 50 plus years put in place a dis info campaign to discredit UFO stories.

those agencies will always have the final say about what is shown to the public when it comes to this subject. that's my opinion

[edit on 20-10-2009 by easynow]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join