It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates says "Administration can’t sit on its hands."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Tuesday that the Obama administration cannot wait for the Afghan election to be resolved before making a decision on troop levels, appearing to be at odds with White House officials who have tied a decision on U.S. strategy to the resolution of the election and political stability.

Gates suggested the election would not have an immediate impact on the overall situation in the country.

He told reporters aboard his plane to Tokyo that the administration cannot "sit on our hands."

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Nothing has come out from CNN and MSNBC yet... But I am wondering if this is the cracks in the armor of Obama’s admin... Granted Gates is bush holdover and Obama is looking for a replacement. So maybe Gates knows his time is up and is trying to push for it or is it politically motivated?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This blatantly saying to the world, "We control you." I hope I'm not the only who who notices the fact that the Obama administration is waiting to see if the election turns out to be in their favor or not. If not, welp, time for more troops!

And why do they need more troops, to quail what situation? Why the heck is he even talking about?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Shamrock87]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock87

Of course he is saying that but no one else will admit to it, I swear this administration is as crooked as they come. They took bushes game to new heights.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow, first the general, now Gates.

What the heck is going on?

Are the three trying to create a distraction or is there really a division in the administration?

They had better take care of the troops and give them the necessary tools and personnel to get the job done.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Adminstration will throw more troops in there reguardless of the elections results this is all about that oil pipeline and attempting to suround Russia.The age of Empires never ended.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Jam I would imagine that there is a division but mainly cause gates is a repub... But as for the General he knows how to fight a war not some penicl pushing geeks. Who know nothing of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This sounds like another Hamburger Hill. Take the hill give then it back. Oh wait take that hill again. More flesh and blood for the Second Horseman..
When will they get the point. But this is a lot more then a hill its the entire middle east about to go down a rabbit hole with no end in site.

top topics

join