It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Personally, i prefer to look at us all as people. I wish America all the best from my home in the UK.

I think the whole world has a problem and we all need to work together to overcome the trials to come.

I dont think it helps by saying " sucks because they did this or that"

We need to think beyond that and unite. The forces at work want nothing more than us to bear grudges upon each other and the more we let them do this the better for them.

Please, people stop letting wedges be put between us.

All the best to all of you.

Peace

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Its an illegal war.

That's at least twice you have made that claim, even after being corrected.

Statue, please. I'd like to see the statute indicating this is an "illegal" war.

For an illegality to occur, a statute must be broken, no?

Statute, please.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

You know I never said we were morally superior and I think a couple of time I pointed out that we were both just as wrong? I am being to think some of you didn’t read through the whole thing and just jump on the fact that you think I hate Europe....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpbdsnu
reply to post by nenothtu

It is often said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Hmm, you get first prize.

Thanks!

I'll take that ribbon in lieu of a rational response.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well said, Brother. I have a small amount of Cherokee in me, and when I was a child I traveled with my parents to Maggie Valley and saw a drama about the Trail of Tears. I toured a working Native village and was very humbled. It was all very humanizing. I try not to think of the atrocities that the white population committed against the Native Americans. They suffered the worst of terrors. Not ever has such evil been present in the world except for the Jewish Holocaust. And yet I am a mixture of all of those white races, too. Honestly, though, race means nothing more than history to me. I am not them, and they are not me.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is crass. Responding to criticism of your(U.S.A) country's conduct of an illegal war by pointing out the equal or worse equivalents in the history of other countries(European) is childish to the extreme.

This reply is not a criticism of Americans but, really, two wrongs do not make a right, and saying that anybody who comes from a country with bloodshed in its history(who doesn't?) cannot be appalled, disgusted and outspoken about what they have witnessed the U.S. do in the middle east is just stupid and arrogant.

Grow up, all war is murder, we know that, and while its a nice little history lesson i can read myself and dont need you to tell me about the evil deeds done in the name of imperialism, religion, greed, corruption etc.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Responding to criticism of your(U.S.A) country's conduct of an illegal war by pointing out the equal or worse equivalents in the history of other countries(European) is childish to the extreme.

What makes it illegal? The fact you don't agree.

Might be an unwise war, but it's legal.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Please tell me you are not American, saying this in a thread where your general intelligence is being questioned

I'm still in school, 17, and have an American education...Go figure.

I got the info from a German exchange student last year, she didn't exactly say it was censored there, just that they were never really taught about in school; a shy subject. I somewhat exaggerated my post..But thanks for cleaing it up for me.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

I think America and Europe will do just fine, I am trying to illustrate that we all have a dark past. And that Europeans should come off there high horse and stopping saying we are evil and the fourth Reich. And instead get in the trenches with us, Help us out in Afghanistan send more troops, To me it seems like the world will stay safe off of American Soldiers backs. That may not be true but that what I see, and I have been to Europe a fooking Frog Spit on me when they heard my American Accent, we are not all Cowboys but we will protect our own.. And when/if The Muslim/Arab hoards come a knocking.. Who do you think will be the first ones to show up?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread. While we have all done are part in tainting our soceity-personally and politically- maybe this is the kind of thing that will remind us all that we are in this together. Spread love and peace and we will be able to stop some af these atrocities.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

But I'm still confuzzled

Sure European colonialism was "wrong".

But we're judging colonialism in todays terms. Way back then land meant everything. You could farm it & feed your family on it, you could farm it and sell the produce, you could graze your cattle on it and sell their produce, you could exploit its minerals and sell them too.

Back then land was everything. The colonialists took the land off the native peoples and exploited both them and their land. They did it to make money for themselves & they did it with the consent of the colonial authorities also were the beneficiaries of this arrangement. And they also did it with the post colonial consent of the sweet little innocent administrations of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson etc, way into the mid 1800's when the civil war put a stop to the worst of it.

How is that more morally wrong than what we see on Wall Street every day of the week ?

Because the land still stands, and will continue to do so long after Wall Street crumbles to dust. You're quite right, the land IS everything.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Good post! i dont really agree but this was anyway wrong.
"In 1492 Christopher Columbus found what is to be the new world" Snap out of it! Leif Eriksson clearly found the Indians land long b4 Chris did. This is proven.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sharps

See we can agree-)

I hate the idea of being in public life and haveing my past sins drug out into it but sometimes you just have to in order to make a difference. But I dont think the way the system is set up guys like us cant make it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

This current war is illegal because Bush and Blair made false claims(basically told bare faced #ing lies!) for the invasion, conquest and occupation of Iraq, need i go on?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I won't deny my European black pages in history.

There are still a lot of European countries with oversea colonies.

But what is the difference between that and the US having a military base almost everywhere in the world?

It's even for the same purposes, resources and profit.

The problem is that America just like Europe is ruled by a corporate elite that lost touch with humanity because they been born with a golden spoon in their mouths and will never know what rockbottom of society feels like.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I have pointed out earlier that the Iraq war was not illegal and both the UN and US congress passed resolutions allowing it to happen. that doesn’t make it illegal that makes it legal.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thanks for stopping by? Huh. I know when I'm not wanted, even by my own countryman. C ya.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
americans/settlers from europe ect..killed the indian's.

muslims kill there wife's and beat them.

germany killed jewish people.

australia is a island of convict's.

and aliens are out to draw on our food field's.
i think we can make a big list

link   

Remember what happened to Europe in the last war? Millions dead and cities reduced to rubble. Europe doesnt stand the slightest chance against America.

link   

Originally posted by grrrrt
Great thread!

I heard that in Germany they deny anything that shows their involvement in World War II or something like that. Like they don't teach the kids in school about the Nazi party and what it did; pretty much they censor their shameful past from present generations. Someone know anything about this?

AClear Example of how ignorant you Americans are!!!
It is by law forbidden to even doubt about the holocaust in Germany!
All their kids get traumatised in school because the holocaust fills 70% of their history book.
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join