It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by jam321

Last time I checked, protesting isn't a crime ...

Keep checking back on that.

The obama administration has been very busily labelling anyone that protests against obama and his policies a terrorist and has even gone as far as sending that designation out to all the law enforcement agencies in the U.S.

Now do you feel better having been reminded of that?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advancedboy
... While you overuse the word `freedom`, actually the word freedom on empty stomach means nothing. people don`t need freedom, they need a `free choice` to choose a reasonably paid work and reasonably created social system. if the freedom was the case, everyone would be unemployed and happy.

I beg to differ. I MUCH prefer freedom on an empty stomach to an artificial, "socially engineered" social system.

Yes. I've experienced both, and know EXACTLY whereof I speak.

See, the problem that "socially engineered" social systems start when a stranger decides what I 'need' for me, as you stated in that post. When that happens, 'freedom' goes right out the window. It goes downhill from there.

I'm perfectly capable of determining for myself what I 'need', and to be honest, what I DON'T need is a social engineer to predetermine how I live for me, what I think is 'reasonably paid work', or anything else of the sort.

I'd rather starve to death, or eat a bullet, than live under what social engineers determine FOR me to be a 'reasonably created social system'.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hey Europeans- what the hell did the letter z ever do to you?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren
Hey Europeans- what the hell did the letter z ever do to you?

Perhaps you could try asking the sailors on the USS Enterprise?

Not a one-liner (honest!)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Wow this thread has grown, So have we figured out who is to blame yet?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87

Yeah we decided to blame The Man

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It Was the Butler with the Candlestick in the Library

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I still think this is all your ex-wife's lawyer fault.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I still think this is all your ex-wife's lawyer fault.

Focus! we're all supposed to be arguing here, remember?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Good luck holding anyone accountable for the things you listed. While you were star and flagged, keep in mind that many people here couldn't care less about the things you say, and many speak due to the fact that they have a comfort zone. And yes I could see an attack on America by Europe or a disguised attack by Israel, but keep in mind that the American citizens are too fragmented and most likely deserve whatever is coming to them.

And it's not the fact that America is here that contributes to the problem, rather, it is the blatent disrespect of those who are less fortunate and the fact that we live in a world where WHITE IS RIGHT and EUROCENTRISM is all around.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wherever there is trouble in the world you will find, at the very least, an American fingerprint....

Your foreign policies, which appear to be hidden behind your blind patriotism for your flag, have ruined countless lives in the name of Americas best interests...

This continues to this day in,but not exclusive to, the Middle east, with The US's support of Israel, even though it stands accused of War Crimes....

Yes, other Western Countries are equally to blame, as they tow Americas line(such is the power of the Empire)....

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.....

Nobody likes a bully.....

Why are you so surprised no one , devoid of bias and rational of mind,is happy with US foreign policy...??

And dont give me the Jealousy/Envy angle....People dont envy bullyboys....they are despised.

And why do you take it all so personally??

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Keep in mind. We are right here behind you. Never mind people who can't look past their own ignorance's. Keep an open mind and remember the can do spirit! Ours is a strength that comes from knowing!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by benoni
Wherever there is trouble in the world you will find, at the very least, an American fingerprint....

Yes and thank God we haven't put our boots on the ground there.

Your foreign policies, which appear to be hidden behind your blind patriotism for your flag, have ruined countless lives in the name of Americas best interests...

And have helped raise the standard of living for the entire planet while we have done that. Yourself included.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b160ab9b27f8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16196c9f5cbf.jpg[/atsimg]

The US good/bad/indifferent by it's actions have helped the world reach the highest standard of living the world has seen. There are many factors to being an empire not just wealth an power.

This continues to this day in,but not exclusive to, the Middle east, with The US's support of Israel, even though it stands accused of War Crimes....

Take that up with Israel.

Yes, other Western Countries are equally to blame, as they tow Americas line(such is the power of the Empire)....

And as long as the oil flows everything is fine. Just don't ask how it got there.

And why do you take it all so personally??

I don't. You have a right to your opinion. We all know about Opinions. They are like an anus everybody has one and they all stink.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Very few people over 23 pages used the feared N-word - thrown for no reason at non-American nations, parties, politicians, churches etc. with such ease... by many Americans.

The word is NATIONALISM.

In my opinion, the OP writes not only patriot opinions. There was a Scottich patriot who listed the achievements of Scots. Native Americans, Irish - etc.
Those people are patriotic.
Now most countries in Europe fear violent and stupid nationalism - for a good reason. The very word NAZI comes from German for National...

For some curious reason, very few people notice the bull in the china shop.

Yes, people all over the world love us Americans (I am a citizen, having lived there for over a decade) for different reasons than what American nationalists like to emphasise.

Man, people around the world love our movies, the Internet, most of our music - jazz, superstars, rock, the hippies (yes, with their famous anti-war protests), neuro-linguistic programming, novel literature etc. They might like famous inventors like Franklin, Roosevelt and MLK. Not Bush - or Reagan. On Coke, etc. people are divided, some over here love it. I personally love American healthy diet inventions, movements for giving birth at home etc. Indians (sorry, Native elders etc.)
But presently, in the 21st century, if you want to name two things why America is popular in other parts of the world: it's got to be movies (films for Brits) and computer stuff (Internet), all over the world, out of all the above.

I also learned to love American self-criticism and self-scrutiny. Since I am part European, and live there presently, I am trying to teach that attitude as something great I learned across the ocean.

Whereas, an American nationalist would be proud of weapons, wars, history (let's leave out dark spots like Hiroshima), and presently even the bogus war against Islam. Even trying to justify wars abroad like Iraq and Afghanistan.

These things are not exactly match do they?

It is as if a Russian would be proud of Russia's failed conquest of Afghanistan, the Soviet Union etc. - and forget Dostoyevsky.

The thing is, non-Americans usually do not take well to American nationalism. It reminds us Europeans (I grew up in Europe) to Nazism. And from the point of view of a present-day third world Muslim, for one thing, it does look very similar.

Depleted uranium - anyone?

All nationalists are paranoid in ideation. "They do not see our greatness - they just use us - we are stronger, but we willnot put up with this any longer" etc. I hear that from fringe fanatics all over the world. There is no great culture without these paranoid freaks.

In most European countries these guys do not have much of a chance. (They may in Hungary next year though, and Slovakia, but not in major countries.) They are rightly called fascists, extremists etc.

Whereas, very few people point out what the Bushists were. No doubt GWB was a patriot sometimes. But he killed that by his fervent nationalism. And just like Germany before WW2, America is far too powerful, and far too advanced to lose to this old ghost.

American nationalists - I know the kind - usually are white-firsters, although if they are in a better mood, they will apologize to Natives. They are also Christian-firsters.

You do not notice the very language. Even good citizens concerned about things start their sentences with "Americans are..." "Americans need to know..." If a scientist in Ireland or Hungary or Korea invents something,
they just would not start their sentences with "The Irish [Gabonians etc.] need to know about this invention..." They would start their sentences with "People."

Moreover, even if someone argues that American nationalism is not dangerous (I think it is, and mostly because it is just not called that), no one can seriously argue that European nationalism is dangerous. There are French nationalists like LePen (hates immigrants from former French colonies), etc. On top of all that, Russia is mostly Europe. That's right, folks, Russians are not members of the EU, but they have been an European civilization since a few thousand years at least. True, there are non-european territories in Russia.

Think it over.
Yes, this is an attack. Against American nationalists. Not against American patriots or Americans. (Including my humble self.)

If you are on the American side of this argument, would you rather represent these United States by Keanu Reeves or Dizzy Gilespie or Sitting Bull, or by Bush, Cheney... Limbaugh and Hannity...

Checkmate.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Watch out, this comment "American nationalists - I know the kind - usually are white-firsters, although if they are in a better mood, they will apologize to Natives. They are also Christian-firsters." may cause a lot of anger here. Yes I agree with you and have said the same thing, but these are the words that many find offensive.

Just a heads up, and a star for you.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

That's odd.

I consider myself to be an American nationalist, and an American patriot, and I am part Cherokee, which I take great pride in.

You guys across the pond really don't get it. Do you?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

If I recall correctly HAMAS was also accused of WAR CRIMES? Or do you forget that part? Keep in mind that Europe Toes the Line (as you put it) because they know no matter what we got their backs. Keep in mind that you make no sense at all, and I did mention our foreign policy was less the desirable. Keep in mind I also pointed out Americas Flaws and failures, you just seemed to zero in all what I said about Europe.

That is all.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

What?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
No offence guys n gals.

But you all need a BIG hug.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You know thats weird because, I think I mentioned on here, THat I was proud of my Heritage, but even prouder to be an American... Wait I found it here it is. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just in case you dont want to view that link here it is......

"Personnel Story 2000 Census, I almost was fined and thrown into Jail for not filling out the Census forms right, I didn’t put my "heritage" down or that of my wife and kids.... I simply stated we were Americans and that was it... They couldn’t believe it like it was a crime to not say my "heritage". Trust me I am very proud of my families past and were I came from, But I am more proud to be an American and this nations dark, yet bright past and future. I am very thankful my people walked across a land bridge to get her from Asia, and Proud they got on a boat to escape the horrors occurring during the potato famine. But nothing makes me prouder when I wake up in the morning, Kiss my American wife, take my American kids, to an American school, say my American flag waving on an American Morning... Nothing makes me prouder then this great Nation"

Mike I honestly dont think they get it, Hell if Some Americans ccant get it, I dont expect Europe to.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join