It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
(double post)

[edit on 21-10-2009 by mpbdsnu]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by manxman2
as a nation you have plenty to be ashamed of in that short time..

I'm not ashamed, embarrassed or afraid of anything you can pull out that I haven't seen or heard already.

I'm certainly not afraid of you!

You should be ashamed of not least your typical American arrogance!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow, this really is two bald men arguing over a comb.

Figuratively speaking, obviously.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Merriman Weir

WHO Are You? I have never even noticed you on the boards but man are you ever twisted.

Care to clarify or are you just happy to dish out personal attacks?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Enough with the personal attacks. Be civil or you WILL be warned.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

Please spare this typical arrogant American your all too typical stereotyping... Yes, some Americans are arrogant, and some *gasp* are not. Some from England are arrogant, and some, as amazing at it may sound to some, are not. Odd how that works, isn't it?

As for an attack on America by Europe? Unlikely. We're too much alike (now I've just gone and horrified hundreds of thousands of people on both sides of the Atlantic...
).

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by mpbdsnu

Please spare this typical arrogant American your all too typical stereotyping... Yes, some Americans are arrogant, and some *gasp* are not. Some from England are arrogant, and some, as amazing at it may sound to some, are not. Odd how that works, isn't it?

As for an attack on America by Europe? Unlikely. We're too much alike (now I've just gone and horrified hundreds of thousands of people on both sides of the Atlantic...
).

Please accept my appologies for use of the word 'typical', it was wrong in this instance. However, I judge how I see. What I see is great arrogance.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

To the OP and others of the same ilk, just grow up and stop whingeing. We can do without the history lesson thank you. Yes we do have some shame in our history. More than the US because, frankly, it doesn't have as much history. But US is fast catching up methinks...

And to whoever said the American soldier was wonderful and the rest were rubbish please take your head out of your behind. Or maybe you are talking about a different American military - not the one with a tendency to kill it's own side or inflict pointless damage on civilians. 'Shock and Awe' anyone?

Seriously I thought this forum was about the present. But maybe I should follow the OPs lead. I mean where do we draw the line? Should I have a go at Scandinavians on the basis some of them raped and pillaged their way through this country? Or maybe I can find some Italians and settle some scores for the Roman conquest...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 21-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpbdsnu
Please accept my appologies for use of the word 'typical', it was wrong in this instance. However, I judge how I see. What I see is great arrogance.

That's the problem with perception, you don't always get things right. I was in New York state a couple of years ago and I must say that I haven't met finer, kinder people. Even customer service was beyond what I experience at home. The only thing that struck me funny was that they didn't take Canadian coins.

Sorry for being off topic but I thought it should be said.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I do think this is a pointless thread.

In the Blue corner we have loud-mouthed Americans having a pop at Europeans over things that have happened man, mnay years ago.

In the Red corner we have Europeans trying to explain to America that they have no right to be talking about European history, because America needs to sort out its own current day problems.

--

Let me put it like this.

You're in a bar and having a drink.

Mr A (America) notices somebody walk into the bar , Mr E (europe).

Mr A has a reputation for picking on smaller people, acting before thinking and using weapons. He's also a bit of a loud mouth (and drinks crap beer).

Mr E is the grandson of a murderer.

Mr A hates Mr E because of his family reputation, and doesn't like it when Mr E tells Mr A off for being a bully.

Mr A says 'Well screw you buddy, i'm bigger than you, i've got more money and bigger weapons and i can do what i like, besides you're the grandson of a nasty bastard, so don't come into my bar with your attitude!'

Mr E replies: 'No offence Mr A, but i think you're a loud mouth bully, and besides, my grandfather may have been a bastard, but YOU, yes YOU have no right to criticise my family history, because you're the one who is picking on people who can't really stand up for themselves... Okay i might have a family history, but you're a hypocrite because i've not upset anyone, it was my grandfather - yet you keep bringing up the past yet fail to see your own egotistical attitude'

Mr A: 'Screw you, nobody talks to me like that - I'm the king of the bar, i can do what i want, wherever i want'

Mr E: 'Oh shut up and grow up'

--

Something like that...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by mpbdsnu

).

Exactly, i mean where is the difference and the thin line between the Europeans, the settlers/colonists and the Americans? Its mostly the same breed.. What people call cowboys [farming bussiness] are mostly the posterity of Dutch farmers[maybe a reason why they have such a funny accent
], and actually we still come there.. en "boeren" jullie allemaal voorbij

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

Naaah, that's cool. It just gets a little old. My country is not it's govt., nor is it the financial institutions, or even it's Ugly Americans gone overseas to sample the Parisian McDonalds.

What made, and will again, my country what it was, and will be again, is the workaday people. The same sort that built it in the first place. The ones who came over from the Old Country, which ever one that was, and built a home and a life.

Those are the Americans celebrated by poets like Robert Frost, defended by authors like Sinclair Lewis. My ancestors, my parents, my friends and neighbors, and their children.

There is much that my country has done that was wrong, and is wrong...I'll not deny it. But we've also done much that is right. I would ask, in your zeal (I'm not addressing you specifically, mpbdsnu, with this one.) to find fault with Americans and America, that you at least make the attempt to remember the very real good that we've done.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Mr E is the grandson of a murderer.

For some reason, this really did make me laugh out loud.

I think your bar scenario is a fairly good summation of what's going on here.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by mpbdsnu

That's the problem with perception, you don't always get things right. I was in New York state a couple of years ago and I must say that I haven't met finer, kinder people. Even customer service was beyond what I experience at home. The only thing that struck me funny was that they didn't take Canadian coins.

Sorry for being off topic but I thought it should be said.

Perception - yes put two people (artists say) together, looking over the same hills and valleys, and each will paint an entirely different scene, what one person perceives will always differ from the next person, and so on. In this connection though, some things, like the paintings, will stand out; arrogance in this instance is clear for all to see.

What I feel should be remembered is that a person is not always received as they wish to be.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That's very close

Mr E actually doesn't say too much because there are so many skeletons in his closet that if he were to open his mouth he would be afraid of a bone falling out.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mpbdsnu

Yes but, I'm assuming here, you're across the Atlantic, right? You are comparing your perception with what I actually witnessed. Big difference. I had the same perception before. That was blown out of the water with what I witnessed.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The WHOLE point of the thread was to point out Europe’s past woes as well, as a matter of fact Africa was the last place to be brutalized by Europe, and that’s in the past 50 Years.... Not to mention the English Mandate on Palestine Mandate (or UN) which is why you see fighting in Israel. This may seem rude, But Europe as taking a back seat and allowed America to run the show, when it benefits your governments you look the other way (Iraq) (Iran) when you stand to lose lucrative contracts (Saddam Era) you throw a fit.

The point is you are as much to blame as we are, I only see US/G.B/ leading the way on the fight against terror. (yes other nations are involved thank you) But more Americans/Brits have been killed in the wars, while Europe minds its business and appeases Terrorist (my Beliefs) He is a wonderful article written by a British Person, read it if you already haven’t.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What can not be measured, can not be proved. So stop comparing America to Europe through historical prism, compare it in numbers or use math of comparable equations. The goodness of any country can be measured by self-sustainability and what wealth it has reached through her own hard work and achievements. Just because English robbed and colonised India, doesn`t make her self-sutainable and rich country, nor does the borrowing of billons of dollars from Asia make US rich . What would make US rich is self-sustained economy of balanced budget, reasonable external debt and solid manufacturing base. germans were bad guys for wreaking havoc in WW2, yet they export today in excess of 1.2 trillion dollars of solid goods, are not involved in fake wars to profit greedy profit mongers. While you overuse the word `freedom`, actually the word freedom on empty stomach means nothing. people don`t need freedom, they need a `free choice` to choose a reasonably paid work and reasonably created social system. if the freedom was the case, everyone would be unemployed and happy.
And there is no point of learning from history-because those who repeat the mistakes of history are never the ones who suffer the consequences of it.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join