It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Yes, racism is a problem in a lot of countries, including my own, but it's nothing like America's recent past and some would argue their present.

We haven't fought two major wars here over cultural and racial issues now have we? Almost destroying yourselves the in process.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Now we hear about the EU. So are you a country? Or a group of nations still divided by languages and cultures?

What do you mean STILL divided?
Having expectations about Europe sharing the same "melting pot" future as the US did?
European Union is the Economic European Union. Our economies and some of laws are tied together, nothing else.
Fortunately we weren't the first continent or part of it to become a melting pot in order for the big interests to see if this can work.
Judging by the state of things in US today, it obviously didn't work.
So excuse me if many of us Europeans try and keep our old habits.
Be sure we will keep our borders, our habits, and our distinctive characters.

About the WWII. US doesn't own Europe because they participated in the WWII.
Europe is owned only by its people. It will continue having its own collective nation policy. We don't want to become another US.
If you need a helping hand we might assist as we should with every other nation on Earth. If any American has the notion that Europe has to any extend any obligation to follow around your orders, I am sorry but you are delusional and you should check the sources that feed you with these fantasies.

As for why we post on "American" forums. Internet is international. We can write wherever we wish to and also because every other man or woman can also post in any "European" forums. Now, if your country happens to follow a policy of projecting and exercising its power internationally, wherever and whenever we believe our opinion should be heard and our concerns raised regarding criticism about how your country choses to exert its influence, you WILL hear it. You can't do anything about it. If some site owner disagrees with that he is welcome to block IPs from Europe or participate in a forum that adopts such policies. Else there is not much point in arguing since this is the Internet, it's not actually your back yard or even your local town committee gathering.

Have a good day.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

About the WWII. US doesn't own Europe because they participated in the WWII.
Europe is owned only by its people. It will continue having its own collective nation policy. We don't want to become another US.
If you need a helping hand we might assist as we should with every other nation on Earth. If any American has the notion that Europe is to any extend follow around your orders, I am sorry but you are delusional and you should check the sources that feed you with these fantasies.

Star for you.

I completely support what you shared. I've never had ANY issues with what you had to share. Including this part here. I don't recall stating anything to the contrary. But it's a Rant

Good day to you sir.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Yes, racism is a problem in a lot of countries, including my own, but it's nothing like America's recent past and some would argue their present.

We haven't fought two major wars here over cultural and racial issues now have we? Almost destroying yourselves the in process.

Is that how major world history is getting simplified where you live? You really think that those wars started over "cultural and racial issues".

Enjoy your oil, Slayer, enjoy your oil.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

the war of independance and the civil war!! so yeah, you have.

not to mention the cold war, it could be argued that vietnam did destroy america, as it was. then you guys were involved in WW1 and 2, although you did come to the party late and were probably the biggest beneficiaries, you were still part of it.

actually, every war in which america was involved seems to have been about "cultural and racial issues", i mean there were very few that had anything to do with territory or sovereignty.

[edit on 21/10/09 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Amuro

Originally posted by nik1halo
n 21-10-2009 by nik1halo]

Great post man I agree, but don t forget Britain is a part of EU because she has particular destiny to fulfill there and that why DeGaulle didn t want you to join EU/

Thanks for the praise. Please forgive my ignorance though, but what "destiny" does the UK have to fulfill in the EU?

Other than having Tony Blair as the new unelected European dictator, sorry, I meant President, which is quite possibly one of the scariest things I've heard recently.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Realizing the Citizens lack of influence is all that you need to consider, we cannot be drawn by ignorance of that simple unquestionable truth that. We, the people have minimal influence on what atrocities have been undertaken.

I couldn't entertain the thought of labelling a nations populace as bad, patriotism driven the majority of the time. I'd look forward, and would rather look for more accepting, and open minded people that'll look for unity before entertaining patriotic driven labelling.

Of course, I do not mean question the great aspects of Patriotism. Merely point to some negative side effects on a few people.

We've had absolutely no effect on what has been done in 'our names.' If I chose to get drawn into the intolerably boring world of racism, which many choose believe in. I can only imagine myself becoming a very miserable person. Each individual person I meet I give a chance, irrespective of nationality.

You seem to have a reasonable head on your shoulders, just rise above this nonsense. Many good people are in each nation.

I even like the odd German in this day and age! ;-)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
On behalf of all the Europeans here I apologise for all of the crimes we personally comitted from 400 a.d. til present, and for being pissy to your tourists, being born in a different place, and (as have been told more than once) not speaking english well enough...

and just for kicks spelling centre like so and measuring in cm and kilometres, you know all that stuff...
Please accept my apology of dissambled furnature and stinky lutefisk which I assure you tastes great, also some akevit should help you forget our sins!

I seriously cant believe this thread... you act like the Native peoples didnt kill each other??!!

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
Canada is important though, and a very close American Ally, your soliders are fighting in Afgan just as our are... You guys are not retarded-)

Oh ya, no Europeans are in Afghanistan!

International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), Afghanistan:
About 580 soldiers and officers in total in Kabul, Meymaneh and Mazar-e Sharif.

Just ONE country too!!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well its not all just history... Slayer who's part Mescalero Apache can tell you all about one of the most beautiful places in the world...
Inn of the Mountain Gods and Ski Apache... both world class establishments that cater to European visitors...

Funny thing though... while tribal members do work there, put on performances etc... their not allowed to become club members or use the many facilities there..swimming golf skiing... seems it upsets the guests to have us red skinned heathens associate with them as equals....

Inn of the mountain gods

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is a really angry discussion. I read the thread aiming to give my view on this subject (since the thread focus on me too) and will but first off I'd like to make mention to something that became more than apparent while reading the many pages of this thread:

- I honestly had no idea there was so much hatred and resent from Americans towards Europeans and Europeans towards Americans until I read this thread. Frankly I am a bit shocked and saddened by a lot of the statements that were made here regardless of the poster's nationality.

That being said more on topic:

My nationality is Portuguese. My family tree in Portugal started half Yemen half Romani in the late 19th century and has since been (as is the case with most people that live in western societies these days) diversified and mingled completely in terms of ethnicity, culture, religion and every other aspect you may think of.

I don't like being referred to as European. Not because I have anything against Europe or the people that live in it - it is just too broad a term that does not define me.

I don't like being referred to as Portuguese either. Not that I have anything against Portugal or the people living here at all... but every day I see a whole bunch of people that are real, diverse and unique in all aspects of their lives so I don't see why anyone would define me and them as one.

I don't like being defined by the colour of my skin or the history of my ancestors. Not that I have anything against my skin or my ancestors but not even I have any idea who they were, what they felt, what they thought or what they did throughout their lives. So I do find it a bit absurd when people that do not even know me pretend that they know who were those people that procreated through time like bunnies just to finally arrive at this brilliant conclusion you see posting today. (
)

I don't mean to take away the right to this type of thread from the OP or any of the several posters that support it. Obviously there are feelings posted here that are deep and sincere and who I am I to tell you not to post them but let me take the chance to ask one thing:

- When you feel the need to generalise people and group them all together so you can point one single finger at them and blame them for this or that - regardless of whether you are doing this to people that are alive today or that lived their lives centuries ago at least keep in mind that we all have individual names for a reason - because we're all unique.

So when blaming America, Europe, Germany, Great Britain, Portugal, Spain, etc.. at least consider the fact that frontiers do not make decisions neither good nor bad - people do. And they have names. So it might be best not to recklessly point the finger in the general direction of millions of people alive today and gazillions more that aren't even around any more to speak for themselves.

All I have to say - I hope my post did not contribute to flame up this thread even more.

Cheers and I hope you have a great day wherever you are - here it is raining

[edit on 21-10-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Ideology is ideology.

It is not Freedom.

If US citizens begins to think like Russian - I mean if they think more in terms of nation / ideology, more than in therm of their really individual freedom.

THen
In fact they loose their "oh so enormous" Freedom.

The Freedom is individual it is never global.

But Freedom is not to accept everything in wall street - because it is a minority of the population that will has more freedom - ( as for banker...). In fact if you accept then somehow you accept that money of a rich minority - to control your country - and this is aristocracy.

Also Ideology is sometimes not to think paying tax is bad - giving money to state and "other" people.

There are other societies : Imagine you can choose your society like you choose your computer ( and you System). For instance imagine you choose a society like "linux" and you can participate and decide with the real political - and economical system.

You know a democratic country has never existed (can you give me just one example ?), but sometimes, in some country there have been a real - good freedom.

In other word - people as to understand that the quest of happines is a dream - and what really count is to be REALLY FREE - and have the right to live a decent life !

I don't think it has ever existed ?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Being honest.

I think the only answer is to travel back in time to start slapping people.

'Oi you with the funny moustache and the comb-over' * SLAP *

'Oi you with the boat!' * SLAP *

'Oi you , yes you on the Penny Farthing ' * SLAP *

It's the ONLY answer.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You left out the part that these people were lied to about this amazing free country with rights and freedoms for all, the part that if they come they will be doing slave work for low pay and long hours, how many Asians died building the USA, how many immigrants were put in uniform and killed as they got off the ship. How many in 2009 treated as second class citizens because they are not rich or white?

The dream is that just a dream and until you go to the states you think it’s the greatest place in the world, but once your there its hell. No place to be alone, no privacy, guns everywhere, guns aren’t that bad but when 90% of the people holding them are rednecks or gangsters it is.

The dream is a lie unless you can sell yourself out to the highest bidder. It’s all about greed and who you blow. It’s all about money, its bread into you at a young age to chase that dollar and steal that dime. USA is a great place if your white, rich, and know people. But if you go there to start anew it’s a nightmare. You live off the backs of others, the whole country is a pyramid built on a lie. When you economy depends on building tanks and jets to kill other people who won’t give you their resources, you have a big problem. Every country has its ugly side and yes a lot of people leave for fear of their safety. But I see a difference, you can claim to be the best but your track record shows you as the one of the worst.

4 million dead in Vietnam. You dropped the bomb on not one but two cities that will never heal. Iraq, Afghanistan, and from your officials "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran" you put puppet governments in every continent. You kill Arabs while turning you backs on Africans, dirty bombs, depleted uranium bullets, unmanned spy and drones (the most cowardice off all are unmanned killing machines) Abu ghraib, Guantanamo, Iran contra, bay of the pigs, panama, Somalia, Israel has every weapon the states could give them including the fact that you gave nukes to a country that will not abide by any rules, you support genocide in Gaza. Damn this is from the top of my head I should really go dig up the cold hard facts to post here, but you know them already! You sold fuel additives to Nazi’s that they used to bomb Britain, you laundered Nazi money in the banks in your country. You took the German scientists to create bombs and technology when they should have been tried and executed for war crimes.

My point is for a small few there is dream for the majority of minorities it’s a nightmare, to this you would say if you don’t like it then get the hell out of my country, the country that minorities built for their masters and slave handlers.

USA "could" be that shining star if only it gave up its thirst for greed, blood and stardom, but the leeches want the blood, and the rest want to be rich with stars in their eyes. For a long time you were something we all dreamed about, but now it’s a nightmare and it’s no longer in our head, instead it lives and breathes and scares the # out of the ration thinking world.

The things you have created to better the world are outweighed by the evil it took to create it, two wrongs don’t make a right, but I guess if you’re a US patriot it doesn't matter how may wrongs or evils you create what’s important is that you get the whole pie at the end of the day, instead of a your fair slice.

Don’t get me wrong I respect what your country was supposed to stand for, and admire some of its critical thinkers. I truly believe you could turn this all around, but I won’t hold my breath and wait for commonsense to prevail, it hasn’t in the last 70 years.

I’m happy to be flamed and attacked for the opportunity to speak my mind, and don’t get me wrong I don’t hate anyone, nor do I think my country is better. But your arrogance as a country is sickening.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Wow. That is a heart-wrenching account of the pain that the Cherokees went through. Thank you for sharing that with me. I really appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Once again, if you think that anybody from Europe(or anywhere else) cannot speak out and criticise what they see as being WRONG, IMMORAL and UNJUST(namely the U.S invasion,conquest and occupation of Iraq) just because of their own history, then you my friend are in very short supply of wits.
Name to me ONE COUNTRY that does not have bloodshed in its history? If you can name one, do you mean to tell me that the people from this country are the only people in the world who have a right to get pissed off about the U.S's military and political conduct? When I see a car full of Iraqi civilains, women and children, gunned to death my American soldiers do you mean to tell me that because im from Europe i have no right to feel digust and anger?
Call people from Europe who speak out about any wrongs or attrocities in the world hypocrites and you just show your hand as an idiot.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Theres no place in the world that has not had wars and killing, well, maybe the north pole and antarctica,lol.

[edit on 10/5/09 by OutlanderHuman24]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
nice edit.

my answer was to before your edit.

trouble is in medievil times all your familys genes were still roaming europe. .. so please dont go beyond the time america actually came into existence as a nation you have plenty to be ashamed of in that short time..

[edit on 21-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Amuro

n 21-10-2009 by nik1halo]

Great post man I agree, but don t forget Britain is a part of EU because she has particular destiny to fulfill there and that why DeGaulle didn t want you to join EU/

Thanks for the praise. Please forgive my ignorance though, but what "destiny" does the UK have to fulfill in the EU?

Other than having Tony Blair as the new unelected European dictator, sorry, I meant President, which is quite possibly one of the scariest things I've heard recently.

That isn't going to happen. Everybody else within the EU is opposing it because the UK does not participate in important projects such as the euro.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2
as a nation you have plenty to be ashamed of in that short time..

I'm not ashamed, embarrassed or afraid of anything you can pull out that I haven't already seen or heard.

I'm certainly not afraid of you!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join