It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desire to destroy Christianity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan_Soul
reply to post by crmanager

There was no person named Jesus. Jesus or the Son is simply a metaphor for.. the Sun.

I am wholeheartedly against Christianity, but, you may want to double check your facts on this one. From what I was told be an Atheist, college Philosophy professor Jesus did live and was recorded as a historical figure in at least three different (and opposing) groups at the time he was alive.

I haven't done the research on this personally, but apparently neither have you

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The bible is correct, just misinterpreted based on the knowledge of the times.
Just Read This and youll see what I mean. Even if you think im wrong, read it to prove me wrong, if you think you can.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

I am asking for non-liberal, non-America hating Christians to have a seat at the table of respect.

Oh that's priceless. If you're a liberal you're a non Christian America hater unworthy of a seat at the "table of respect."

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Nuisance as far as what? Saving babies from being killed in the womb?

Go back to your coven and worship your satan.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

You are so right. It was 19 Christians flying those planes on Sept 11. (Please don't go conspiracy...not the time or place.)

What in the world is that supposed to mean?

Cause if muslims attacked our country, that would be good enough reason to attack all muslims right?

Muslims simply will KILL YOU if you don't convert or pay tax.

Man that is scary.

You're exactly right. But the bible does instruct people to kill all non-believers.
And people who like shellfish, naughty children and gays to name a few.

So when christians rant about muslims being instructed to kill infidels they are conveniently ignoring their own holy book. After all, Islam and christianity both have their roots in judaism.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis3.14
Just Read This and youll see what I mean. Even if you think im wrong, read it to prove me wrong, if you think you can.

Good one dude, Fave'd and some thing to read during the weekend.

I think, and are pretty much sure this is the reason they lie so much in history books and false teaching about evolution in schools..

Truth hurts, and the worst part for people in general, will be the difficult world view shift that will come, I think it will come.. Its all good.(I think)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Read it and prove to me that it's correct?

You can't, it's all theory work.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Bible say this, and Bible said that, ahhrgh crapola!

If you look around our world, you will see horrendous evil being done in the name of religion.
The conflicts in the Middle East, and the genocide that took place in Rwanda, crusader wars, tax collecting etc etc are just a few of many many examples of “religiously motivated” conflicts.
Given these examples, what can Christians say to the charge that, indeed, religion “poisons everything” and it is the root of the world’s problems?

Do you honestly believe that IF there was a so called GOD that was suppose to be so good and forgiving and almighty, he would let millions of innocent children DIE OF STARVATION ? DO YOU ?

Religion is there to make you feel small and punishable, snap out of it and start to live.

When Religion Becomes Evil

Also check out this website. This web site is designed to spread the vicious truth about the Bible. For far too long priests and preachers have completely ignored the vicious criminal acts that the Bible promotes. The so called “God” of the Bible makes Osama Bin Laden look like a Boy Scout. This God, according to the Bible, is directly responsible for many mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children. I have included references to the Biblical passages, so grab your Bible and follow along. You can also follow along with on-line Bibles such as BibleStudyTools.net or SkepticsAnnotatedBible.com.

Evilbible.com

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
I view christians as responsible for THE biggest atrocities known to mankind. Everything from tortune, war, child molestation, brainwashing, it's all in there take your pick.

That is true for most religions, not only for christianity. Many horrible things has been done in the name of God. God is far too often used as an excuse.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

For hundreds of years Christianity persecuted everyone and everything that disagreed with it. It bred war, famine, ignorance, racism, slavery and tyranny unimaginable today. Heresy was punishable by torture and death. And then, all of a sudden, Christianity tapered off and every Christian wanted to be your best friend.

After all those centuries of atrocity did you honestly believe Karma wasn't going to catch up? It was Jesus who said you Reap what you Sow, Christians sowed death and blood when they were supposed to teach peace, now they teach peace and in many places are faced by persecution.

I don't understand why it matters though when Jesus himself said Christians would be persecuted (not that I buy into all that, just saying). Why is it perceived as a threat if the Christian religion is put under scrutiny or questioned? Why should it damage someone's faith to use reason and logic to interpret religion? If God is real reason and logic should not be his enemy, science and knowledge should expand our knowledge of the "divine".

I find it odd how against Christians are to any questioning of their religion when their way is supposed to be the tough one, the narrow way, the path of greatest resistance. Do they believe God will punish them merely for the act of questioning their beliefs and what they were told to believe by men?

I suppose there are a few hardcore atheists around who want to kill religion once and for all but they are a minority, what good is faith left unchallenged? If anything faith left unchallenged would be monstrous, we'd still be living under tyrannical rule of some psuedoreligious dictator/King

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I think some people feel offended at the churches lack of spiritual depth, it does not teach its members how to deal with life effectively, doesn't teach meditation or how to pray. It gives you a list and hammers them into your head.

They do a lot for the world, but I think many feel frustrated with how religion is used as a vehicle for violence, but when it comes down to it religion is the excuse to war over resources and natural wealth, we would do it weather or not these religions existed because its what we have always done.

Our problems are lack of education, teaching people to think for themselves, to think critically and analytically. If you do that they might question god, and if they question god they might discover that god is much larger than a collection of short books that have been massively truncated from a much larger body of texts that dated back to ancient Greece, and arranged into a book by a group of men who had nothing to do with the writing of the texts themselves but were basically politicians instituting a theocracy since all of the heavy religious and mysticism was left out.

But Jesus and Dionysus were indistinguishable in some places up until at least 500 A.D., there are Bacchic crosses that show Dionysus crucified, so I'm cool with the idea of Jesus personally.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87

Read it and prove to me that it's correct?

You can't, it's all theory work.

Well, im as logical as they come. So if I find logic in something , I tend to research every part of it to see if it has merit.
I have read the bible, and I have read science books on evolution as well.
Both have holes. The bible , taken as its read, is filled with magic and powers. Things that are just not logical at all and have no way to be proven.
Evolution is missing a huge leap, going from cave men to building the pyramids. Again, this is not logical at all. Any human with an average IQ should be able to concede that these theories do not make sense. But, why do both of these theories all of a sudden make 100% sense once you introduce the book I linked?

All of a sudden, the bible is real. When you remember that the people back in that time had no words for technology that allowed you to heal or fly. those were miracles or magic or god like powers. A race came down and used technologies or there were really all pwerful gods? If you use logic, races with advanced tech seems a lot more plausible then real gods.

All of a sudden , evolution fits in perfectly. Lets see, either a huge gap in our advancement is still hidden in the earth and we missed that one gap but still manage to find all the other stages, or there is no stage because an advanced race came down and used there tech to genetically engineer us.
Again, if you use logic, it makes no sense that for hundreds of years we somehow missed that huge gap. Wouldnt it be more logical to say there was no gap to begin with?

Now, read into both of them. A race, came down and wanted slave labor, but the race that was here already was too dumb and uncontrollable. So they made us into there image using there technologies and so began the 1st step in a civilization on this planet. This also explains many other things like how many of the huge structures have been built as well.

Im not here to Prove the book, but I will say it is the closest thing to logic that I have ever read when it comes to creation.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I find it comical that most Christians don't even know their own Bible and have simply based their faith on the drivel that is sold (yes sold) to them from a pulpit. Sadly, this is not only the case with Christianity but also with most other religions of the world.

I once saw a T-shirt that said "God is too big for one religion" ... think about that for a second ...

Here are some of my thoughts on the topic in a thread a created a while back ...

Catchawakeup!!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

To be honest, Christianity's original message of love and acceptance has been lost on deaf ears. Being raised Catholic (now currently atheist), i was instilled with the belief that Jesus was an all accepting savior, he not only died for those who worship him, but for all mankind. However, his message of acceptance (which is the same message that has been present in many ancient religions) and love thy neighbor has been lost and completely ignored in modern-day Christians, or should I say, modern-day American Christians. Now avarice and holier-than-thou behavior have bogged down American Christianity, branded it as an institution that advocates intolerance and ignorance to anything other than ill-interpreted millennia-old scriptures. So no, i don't believe that anyone other than selfish "Christian" individuals (looking at you, mega churches/Evangelical movements) are destroying Christianity, or at least American Christianity. I might not be speaking for other atheists when i say this, but it's not our business what others believe in or don't believe in-so I/we wouldn't benefit from the destruction/desecration of a religion, it's not in our nature to care because we tolerate everyone else. To sum it up, it's not non-Christians who are responsible for the fall of Christianity, it's certain individuals within the Christian faith that have strayed far from their Christian dogma or who abuse their power for self gain.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
It's not just Christianity, I have a desire to destroy all organized religion on this planet, then maybe we can get over our hate and fears and everyone get along. But as long as you got a cross, they face mecca or light a menora(spelling?) that won't happen, you won't allow yourself to agree with each other. There is deep seeded hate that is centuries old and it needs to stop, THAT is why organized religion is an abomination of all things peacefull and productive.

I totally agree. I have been anti organised religion for years now. There is no one thing on this planet that has caused more pain, suffering and loss of life throughout the centuries than religion.

I'm not talking about a belief in God or a higher power. That is simple spirituality and belief. It is the church/mosque/synagogues of this world that are causing the problems, telling people that there is only one true religion and that all other religions are evil and to be mistrusted.

Also, the hypocracy of it all is rediculous. According to all major religions, if you follow another religion, you're going to hell, so therefore, according to some one, somewhere, we are all going to Hell! They all preach peace and love, but all commit attrocities in the name of their peace loving God.

More people have died in the name of a "good" God in one year than have ever been recorded throughout all histroy as having died in the name of the "evil" Satan (not that I'm a Satanist, as that's just another religion).

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yet again, another thread that is a thinly veiled bigot-fest. Mods? Any chance of 'warning' the self-declared brazen bigots?

I get tired of formulating detailed responses to the obvious racists, religious fundamentalists and genuine morons on this site. There's too many of you to bother with.

However, I will say this.

There is no distinct 'desire' to destroy Christianity. That isn't needed. Christianity is a RELIGION, and as such is dying off anyway. Everyone knows that religion is bull - it's just taking time for some people to accept it, and there's also the organised power brokers trying to reinforce it for their own commercial gains. Simple education defeats religion - which is great. It couldn't be any easier to get away from religion than it is now. The idiocy of it all is so obvious.

Then there's the annoying racists that use religion as a prop for their quite frankly retarded ideas. White supremacy BLAH (Yawn), if you're not one of us you're unworthy (Yawn), we want our jobs back because noone else deserves them (Yawn).

[SNIP]

The Para.

Mod edit - civility and decorum is expected.

[edit on 10/21/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have gone through the ATS board and pulled significant links about very important topics concerning what our world leaders have been doing and what they are planning to do.

Let me ask you, who is going to stop them? You? Guns? Bombs?

There is on book, out of all the books written in the world that warned us that this was going to happen. One heavenly being that got it all right.

Isaiah 46:8-10
Remember this, and show yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O you transgressors. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell you, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who has declared this from ancient times? Have not I the LORD? and there is no god else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Joel 2:2
A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong: there has not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it: even to the years of many generations.

Matthew 24:21
For then shall be great tribulation; such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Isaiah 49:15-17
I, even I, have spoken, yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way properous. Come you near unto me, hear you this, I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; for the time that is was, there am I: and now the LORD God, and his Spirit, has sent me.

Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, I am the LORD thy God which teaches you to profit, which leads you by the way that you should go.

Isaiah 24:19-23
The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, andshall be removed like a cottage, and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. And they shall be gathered together; as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Right now we have a bunch of Hitlers running loose around the globe. They have control of the most advanced technologies ever created. From the posts of ATS board members, the proof is there for all to see. I believe what they have taught me about these technologies, just as I believe that my LORD Jesus Christ said that some day He would destroy them and return us to a world of peace, righteousness, justice, joy and more than anything else, LOVE.

The biggest conspiracy of all is that they have kept the truth about the word of God and the scriptures from you. They methodically worked to destroy people's faith and belief in the truth about this one book and the Creator of the World, Jesus Christ. The King of kings, and the LORD of lords.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

hahahahaha. youre funny.

"I havent done any research on this, but neither have you"

yeaaaa buddy. so people in the past wrote stories about "Jesus". Tell me something new. Or just believe it, it's whatever.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

More people have died in the name of a "good" God in one year than have ever been recorded throughout all histroy as having died in the name of the "evil" Satan (not that I'm a Satanist, as that's just another religion).

This statement is exactly what the world leaders want you to believe.
They have used religion to control the masses, but it is a farce. All the wars in the world were not religious orientated. It was all for greed and power. For control. Just like what we are seeing today.

That is why, in the scriptures it clearly warns us that there would be a One World Government, One World (false) Religion, and One World Economy.
The Word of God, the Bible, lays it all out of us.

But it also tells us what He is going to do about it, and that people that trust in Him, and know His word, will have a reward for their faith. Eternal life in a new heavens and a new earth with our glorious King, Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.

I do not think it just a coincidence that what was written thousands of years ago is actually coming to pass, and I can give you all the end time prophecies, from both the Old Testament and the New Testament that prove it.

And that is why there is such a strong push to outlaw the Bible and a world conspiracy to defame it. They DONT want you to know the truth. They are robbing you of the free gift of Salvation and an Eternal life, and knowing the one true God, Jesus, Yeshua.

If you look at what the scientist have been doing, they are trying to create a way to have that eternal life, without God. They believe that they have found it via chemistry, and growing human organs in animals. People's organs are being "harvested". Sick if you ask me. But you look at the U.K. and also the U.S. now. YOU have to OPT out of being an organ donor, otherwise your organs are fair game for them when you die. The thought of being kept in a jail and my DNA mapped out so that when someone that can afford my organs can have them. So they keep me alive and when my organs are need, I am put in a paralyzed state and that organ removed from my body.

We are taught that our bodies are living temples, that the HOLY SPIRIT of the Living God lives within each believer. To respect your body. That is how you are resurrected and live eternally, by the Holy Spirit of our Creator.

The PTB do not want to kneel to our Creator. They all want to play god, and be gods. Only their version is through oppression, hatred and demoralization. Death and destruction.

I prefer what the LORD Jesus Christ offers. LOVE, sincerity, joy, peace and beauty.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
A LOT of double standards ...

Remember that Sodom and Gomorrah were nuked for sins of immorality et al ...

Genesis 19 ...

1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."
"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate.

4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house.

5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him

7 and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.

8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

9 "Get out of our way," they replied. And they said, "This fellow came here as an alien [HUH?], and now he wants to play the judge! We'll treat you worse than them." They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

23 By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land.

24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens.

25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. [sound like a nuclear attack to anyone .. or is it just me?]

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave.

31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth.

32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father."

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father."

35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.

So the two cities are destroyed but its OK for God's buddy, Lot, to offer his virgin daughters to be raped and to have sex with them and father their children?! ... Or is this just the first recorded case of someone using alcohol as an excuse for incest?

This is only one of many such crazy stories in the Bible ... if you really READ the Bible with an open and investigative mind, you will find that it is littered with strange and very obvious anomalies, contradictions and pure falsehoods.

Christianity and other religions have had their day ... if the sponge-mob will just stop blindly believing and do their own rational research.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join