It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desire to destroy Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

KUDOS! Couldnt have worded that better myself mate!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Yet somehow when an Atheist or anti-Christian comes out and does something radical, like attempt to eradicate creationism, prayer and other 'Christian' activities from public life, they are seen as a hero, not an extremist. Why?

Radical events are not the source of the angst. It's small, regular, recurring personal experiences. The twin towers may have been destroyed by muslims, but that was a once-in-a-lifetime event that happened a thousand miles away to people I don't know. It doesn't affect me.
Now think about how often christians talk about jesus in public.

Are you seriously telling me that it's bad for us to talk about our religion in public. Just because you dont see eye to eye about our certain preferences? It's like telling a gay man to not kiss his boyfriend because your against homosexuality. Sounds like bigotry to me. What the hell. If it makes you uncomfortable, then a reasonable Christian (mind you you made a big generalization about Christians being manipulative) will be ok with it.
Go ahead, ask me to refrain because it makes you uncomfortable and i'd be ok with it if you dont want to hear about me preaching about Jesus! Alls you gotta do is be polite about it.
And you also said that a big disaster in which thousands of innocent civilians were killed because of a hatred of a group people can be overlooked because a Christian decides to discuss their religion a bit? It didnt affect you.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

Originally posted by reasonable
I view christians ...

It's 'aight. You're in my prayers

... and so are your grandchildren

THAT is one of the most ignorant things Christians say! It is saying "your beliefs are wrong, my beliefs are right, and I will pray that you come to my truth."

Christians love saying this; ironic almost that they don't recognize it is painfully judgmental!

(but hey! At least you used correct grammar!)

[edit on 21-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

There was no person named Jesus. Jesus or the Son is simply a metaphor for.. the Sun. All Christianity is is a sun worshiping religion. As a matter of fact it shouldn't even be called a "religion". So, no, Jesus never died on a cross. But yes, the sun does go down a degree every day of the year, creating the metaphor of "dieing". And no Judas did not kiss jesus to "identify" him. It is a metaphor for the time when the sun passes the Zodiac sign Scorpio. When a scorpion bites you it leaves two cuts which look like lips. Giving you the phrase "kiss of death". Then the sun continues to "fall", giving you the season "fall". Then the sun "falls to its death" in Capricorn. The sun remains at the exact same degree (the lowest point it gets through its cycle) for 3 days. Giving you the metaphor in the bible of Jesus being dead for 3 days. The sun then raises 1 degree on the 25th of december, giving you the "resurrection of Jesus".

Its all just a metaphor haha. Along with every other religion. All based on ancient astrology.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

our differences make us the same and our similarities make us different. different strokes for different folks is the way it needs to be or there will never be any appreciation or understanding for what we are and where the greatness we seek is.
u wana change something don't be the same as those u seek to change and start by understanding.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Jesus is alive, Christianity is the way. The reason that people fight Christianity is cuz Satan wants to fight the truth and turn it into a lie.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

How are you so whole heartedly certain about this story? Because you've been raised to believe it and have never been offered the chance to question it? Because you fall into peer pressure and social norms?

How can someone trust an organization run off money, power and egotism rather than listen to a human with no such fuel (themselves).

Humans need to learn to think for themselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I think it's important to understand that much of the problem with Christianity has less to do with its actual flaws, and more to do with the societies in which the objections arise. It's not that the whole world is rising up against Christianity. It's that the critics of Christianity are primarily found in Christian countries. The most vocal critics of Christianity are to be found in the countries where Christians compose a majority of the religious people, where Christianity is the most powerful religion.

I would say that this has several reasons. The most obvious is that people in countries with a Christian majority are most familiar with Christianity, and therefore, with the faults of Christianity. I believe that what many critics are complaining about are problems common to all religions; however, they don't see many examples of the other religions, so they blame the main religion they do see. Hypocrisy, fanaticism, intolerance, bigotry, all are found in every religion. But people may not realize that, thinking the main religion they see is unique in that regard.

A second reason, I believe, is that at least in the US, there is a very small but highly vocal minority of Christian bigots that claim to speak for all Christians. These extremists give the whole religion a bad name by claiming Christians all believe in their particularly narrow-minded, bigoted view of the Bible. These few - but politically powerful - people seek to impose their intolerant views on schools, forcing rewriting of textbooks and dictionaries, expressing hatred of minorities, and otherwise offending the vast majority of people in the country. They seek to rewrite the Constitution and the laws of the country to impose their own theocracy on everyone. Unfortunately, the vast majority of more moderate Christians don't speak up to refute the claims of the bigots, so that these extremists appear to speak for all Christians. Because of the offensive and intolerant nature of these extremists, many people come to believe that all of Christianity follows their beliefs. Hence the backlash, since the beliefs are incompatible with decency.

There are plenty of words against Islam. However, they are often met with shouts of "prejudice". Sometimes the comments are bigoted, but often reasonable objections against Islam are automatically condemned as expressions of intolerance.

As for Paganism, I think that many Westerners embrace that religion simply because it's not Christianity. For one thing, there really isn't a single religion called "Paganism". There are many Pagan religions, many of which are incompatible with one another. However, they all have in common the wonderful feature of not being Christianity, offering some sort of religious setting for those who have been scarred by Christianity.

While it is probably true that many Christians are doing good works in other countries, this is not where ATS members usually encounter them. I rarely get to see an evangelical Christian who is trying to provide clean water for a village in a third world country. I live in the US. All I get to see are the annoying Christians who learn about five verses from the Bible, then parrot them to me and tell me I'm going to hell if I don't believe exactly what they think I should believe. These people no more represent Christianity than I represent all Americans - but they're the ones who are seen, the ones who are heard. The ones actually following the teachings of Jesus do so quietly, without forcing their beliefs down anyone's throats.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The Destroyer wants to destroy Christianity. He wanted to destroy Jesus in the wilderness, on the cross, even in Cain by preventing His birth.

Do not be alarmed at those who follow in the path of the Destroyer. They have been mocking and deriding for 2000 years. They mocked Him. They will mock and deride you.

They will have their place.

Love is the enemy of hate.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

in the New Testament many refered to him as the "son of God" and the preists questioned him of the matter but Jesus had a way of indirect answering never to be quoted actually saying whether he was or not... that would ruin the story if he did....

[edit on 21-10-2009 by notsympl]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan_Soul
How are you so whole heartedly certain about this story?

I can just by faith alone. God has shown to me that he was in my life. He also more than once shown me that the bible is the will of God. Faith is the key to God opening your eyes. Without faith nothing can be found.

Originally posted by Mayan_SoulBecause you've been raised to believe it and have never been offered the chance to question it? Because you fall into peer pressure and social norms?

No man to be honest I was never raised in a church. I was raised by strippers. Ungodly people. I supposed I knew God in my heart the whole time. But I never truly believed until I was 18 or 20. I wasn't going to church nor was anyone ner me trying to tell me that truth was there. If fact most of the time I was alone. Without influences.

Originally posted by Mayan_SoulHow can someone trust an organization run off money, power and egotism rather than listen to a human with no such fuel (themselves).

No one said trust a oranization. If anything you need to trust God and the bible. People like you said can be corrupt. Even the devil goes to church. You cant put trust in churches all the time. The only gud a church can do is help direct your path, maybe help you spirit grow. But the church is not the final word of God. That is the bible and God's will.

Originally posted by Mayan_SoulHumans need to learn to think for themselves.

And humans should not ignore facts, they should think for themselfs. The bible is a written history book prove through facts all over.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayan_Soul

"Humans need to learn to think for themselves"
--rofl-- pure bumper sticker material foreel $$$

[edit on 21-10-2009 by notsympl]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

So I see it as you were in a situation in life where you needed something to look up to. You were aware of the "life saving aspects" of religions. You looked into the religion yourself, and slowly became an advocate of it because the feeling of hope that it gave you. Your advocacy seems to purely be based off a personal experience. You keep implying that "Christianity is the only right way!". Why is it that so many christians have this in their head. It's because once you enter the metaphoric matrix without any other perspective to look at it from except for the dire state of mind which is begging for a sign of hope in life.

No I'm not trying to disrespect you, but I do think it is wrong to be so closed minded and set on polarity.

A mind is like a parachute, it only works properly when it is opened.

But I guess, some people are just never meant to think for themselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

The Catholic Church is the largest provider of health care, AIDS care, housing in the world.

Since when did discouraging safe sex count as "care"? The Catholic church is more likely the largest contributor to the spread of AIDS world wide.

The other points are nearly as weak, but the AIDS one just makes my brain ache. Come on now.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

And I understand you've had experiences in life which are of such overwhelming power that you have no other explanation for except for that story which brings you hope and tells you that Jesus or God is bringing you these experiences.

Welcome to the matrix of the Law of Attraction.

You think our unbelievably intricate consciousnesses have no relation with the unbelievably intricate world of three physical dimensions around us? Surely you do because you mentioned raising your spirit. Well, have you thought that maybe our consciousness is so attached to the physical world around us that it actually controls it? It seems very possible to me, because without our souls roaming this earth it would be quite different wouldn't it?

Consider the idea that our thoughts control the world we live in. I.E. what you imagine is attracted to you. No matter the religion you represent. Jesus is not bringing you these experiences, your soul/spirit itself is.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

So I see it as you were in a situation in life where you needed something to look up to. You were aware of the "life saving aspects" of religions. You looked into the religion yourself, and slowly became an advocate of it because the feeling of hope that it gave you.

Well its obvious that you are not seeing what I am trying to tell you. So Ill stop here. But for one, I was not in any situation to look to need to look up to someone. I fact I was conformable what I was doing at the time. I was not aware that religion has life saving aspects as you put it. I didn't even think that far ahead. I didn't even go looking for religion or other. simply put, I had a hard f1cking life, And I realize that someone had to be there to watch over me. If you said that it gave me hope, well yes it did. But don't think its only about hope. Read revelations and the bible, God is love, but he has anger too. I would want to be at the wrong end of the stick when Jesus comes.

If I was so closed mind, I doubt that I would know more than some in the church itself. Your problem is that you just don't give God any credit, where I do. If you believe as I did, than you wouldnt call me closed minded. And if you knew what I did than you would see what I know.

Originally posted by Mayan_SoulNo I'm not trying to disrespect you, but I do think it is wrong to be so closed minded and set on polarity.

Personal I feel the same about you. Weather you want to not believe it. You can't disprove God, if you can't disprove God, you can never say with true certainity that God does'nt exist. And if that the case you better hope your on the right side. Because life after death is a big gamble.

A mind is like a parachute, it only works properly when it is opened.

But I guess, some people are just never meant to think for themselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb

You can't disprove God, if you can't disprove God, you can never say with true certainity that God does'nt exist.

so you can prove he exists?!

please prove it!

And you're saying I'm being closed minded by questioning the norms of today's society?

It's truly hard to swallow the fact that christians think it's perfectly according to their religion to make such claims with nothing to credit them to except for a book that has been passed down in time. # if they called Jesus Elmo would you believe that just cause it's written in the Bible? I bet you would.

Did you happen to read my post which briefly describes the metaphoric aspect of the whole story?

You probably just blew it off. But yet you'll believe and do anything to defend a story created completely out of thin air.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18

The bible tells a story. Then man alters story into a new reality
Jesus says himself He is the son of man. Not they son of god
We turned him into the son of god.

"We" didn't turn the Lord Jesus Christ into anything, including the son of God. The Bible tells us that Jesus is the son of God:

"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him shall have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Continuing:

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved." - John 3:17

"He who believes in him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18

End of story!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
All religion everywhere are false. It always has been. Its one of the main ways TPTB keep the world divided and to better control everyones actions.
When one has power over the mass's in the form of religion it can whip people into a frenzy to go out and KILL your fellow man for any number of things.

Divide & Conquor..

It is the oldest game and still being played everyday.

One of the reasons I say ALL RELIGIONS are False..

I see you all haven't taken the real RED PILL yet....

if you had your eyes would have been opened along time ago..

its sad..

Each person must follow there own path. Not the path that others dictate. Until you do this your lost....

Relearn what you have learned from the old times..

::holds out red pill with a grin::

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

the red pill is the way to go

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join