It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desire to destroy Christianity

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
One's belief systems and personal inner-guidance are such intimate topics, its a wonder that we see fantastic and positive end results from butting heads over them. We must see this, or we couldn't engage as we do. This gravity towards good that joins almost all belief systems should have always been the point. It is so powerfully unifying that it's a struggle seeing such schisms between what began and is majority maintained(maybe not high up...) as a positive vision for the future.

Sense no make. As personal as it is, it is patently obvious we would all benefit from sincere and honest talks in depth about it with eachother. Especially those of us who seek to impose opposional thinking in. It is a wrench in the gears, it is long past the time to lose interest in satiating our immediate and surface reflex emotions and focus on something deeper. These conflicts could not survive such a pro-active and positive environment, and I'm pretty sure we all know it.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Crane4]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I'm not sure that's a fair understanding of why Jesus was killed. I think he was killed because he was a threat to the authority of the day. The parts of the gospels quoting Jesus as calling himself the Son of God weren't written until at least 30 years after his death. We can't say for certain Jesus said those words.

Jesus talked about compassion, forgiveness, sticking up for people who couldn't stick up for themselves - not about worship for him exclusively --- but worship for what he was trying to say we could all be apart of.

going gently,
G.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I'm not going to say you are wrong --- but that doesn't mean you should ignore what is at the heart of the messages in the religions.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Why do christians here talk in short riddled sentences, as in the first 2 or so comments. There's nothing to destroy in christianity, nothing left to debunk, it's all bunk. If you choose to illogically believe those beliefs, then nobody controls your thought processes if it's your desire to continue believing. Just because people disagree with you should not affect your own beliefs if you truly believe you have the truth. Anything more than mild annoyance at other people's lack of belief can ONLY be because you question your beliefs.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Christianity and other religions have destroyed themselves by refusing to acknowledge anyone else's beliefs or lack of beliefs, as being equal to their own. Their self-righteous beliefs tell them to enforce others to believe or go to hell from the christian's perspective, and that is the root cause of their own demise. And then the christians blame the non-believers for their own problems, just because we prefer to use reason and logic! And if we dare to even open our mouths about using reason and logic, we suddenly desire to destroy them!!! HAHA!!! For all these years the attitudes of christians and other religions have towards each other and dis-believers are what destroy civilisations and cultures!

[edit on 2-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Why do christians here talk in short riddled sentences, as in the first 2 or so comments. There's nothing to destroy in christianity, nothing left to debunk, it's all bunk. If you choose to illogically believe those beliefs, then nobody controls your thought processes if it's your desire to continue believing. Just because people disagree with you should not affect your own beliefs if you truly believe you have the truth. Anything more than mild annoyance at other people's lack of belief can ONLY be because you question your beliefs.

You COMPLETELY misunderstood what my intention is...

Why are people so enthusiastic in the attempt to ridicule Christianity and in the end...destroy it?

I am asking for respectful conversation. I am NOT asking for you to believe or disbelieve.

What you call bunk I call a way of life, a calling and when you challenge it it does not make me challenge my belief system, it makes me doubt the humanity of people.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am sure if Jesus returned with Grey Aliens at his side, he would think: "This world and especially Christians went haywire. It's not how it's supposed to be."

[edit on 3-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
I am sure if Jesus returned with Grey Aliens at his side, he would think: "This world and especially Christians went haywire. It's not how it's supposed to be."

1st: Jesus returns with Grey's?

2nd: You know what God thinks?

3rd: Christianity is not the problem. The people who speak in "Gods name" such as you seem to be the speed bump on the road to peaceful coexistence. All Christians want is respect... not obedience, not a fight, not fear.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Originally posted by sphinx551

The people who speak in "Gods name" such as you seem to be the speed bump on the road to peaceful coexistence.

Where did I speak "in God's name"? I just spoke of a hypothetical situation. Stop insulting me.
I also was just stating my opinion.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

That is when you spoke in Gods name. Anytime one says "I'm sure he would think..." you are attempting to speak for another.

Relax. I want the same respect you deserve from me.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If I may ...

Respect is something that is earned - it is not an automatic right. So, while I understand that every person wants to be respected, only respectable people should be respected.

One can thus have respect for people's right to believe what they choose but one does not necessarily have to respect the person.

All manner of people have believed in and done certain things that, by generally accepted norms, are quite frightening and evil ... but we don't have to respect the person harboring those beliefs or committing those acts simply because they are exercising their right to do so.

Peace

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Psyagra]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Psyagra

Wow...

Is it really that hard to be respectful?

The U.S. catches a suspected terrorist they deserve respectful treatment. You see a person outside of an abortion clinic protesting they deserve respectful treatment. You have a person present a theory that is anathema to your belief they deserve respectful treatment.

Why is this so hard for people to follow? That is the point of this post.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
crmanager, all right I will stop. I am not that religious anyways.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
For the last several years I have noticed a trend, a sad one. That is that all people in America have become increasingly dependent on Government programs and non profits, that don't deliver and churches that remain exclusive.

We stopped caring about one another. We let ourselves believe that everyone is out to get you and helping others you get scammed.

yet we claim to be Christians. I do not believe in the Christian church not do I listen to the Pope. I follow the true and unedited Jesus Christ. Which 90% of our Christian churches do not. They follow Ben Franklin.

Jesus told us to give to those that ask and to those that seek to borrow turn them not away. He told us to love our neighbor as ourselves, to give, to love, to forgive, to NOT judge, to KNOW the truth, to believe we have already received. To do all that he did and greater things.

yet here we are over 2000 years later and neither the churches or the medical community is healing the sick or raising the dead nor feeding the multitude.

We give power to the princes of this world by believing they have more then us, more power or even more right to be alive. We believe we are separate from each other and from God and speak and live as if this were true.

Every American is responsible, by their silence against those that seek to control and dominate us. By our giving voice to their lies and to their agenda. IF we put as much effort in to KNOWING the Truth and actually living it and speaking it right now today, regardless of appearances, we could watch the liar and his lie evaporate like a shadow at noon time.

We can only lose America if we believe there is anyone more powerful then God to take it from us. But if we want to keep our freedom, claim it, live it, speak it, ignore the lie, deny its power. God's promises are not just words, they are in fact actual Spiritual Law. Stand on them.

Today I have only 6 days left to leave this house. It sold, I have no visible funds, no vehicle, and a shed I may not be able to take with me. No human in my country will help us, God has closed all human doors, sadly that was not hard as most "Americans" don't help their neighbors anymore, like they did when I was a kid.

I stand on my faith that God will Provide, even if he has to drop it from the sky. Yet all the so called Christians in America would rather send you to the govt, or a non profit, then actually care about their fellow Americans.

this is why we are heading toward an abyss of appearances. We stopped trusting God and each other. Jesus said the Spirit of God dwelleth in us, and the Kingdom of God is within. God said, "Am I not God, do I not fill heaven and Earth?" Yet we think he sits on a throne somewhere out in space and not everywhere equally present.

IF he is, then there is none else and we need to claim our inheritance and stand on the truth that we are already free, well, and prosperous.

We have bitched and complained and it has not gotten better, only worse. Why not claim the truth and ignore the lie and the appearance and see what happens?

Or should we bemoan something that has not happened so it can happen and the we will feel justified in our illusion?

Jesus did not come to start a church but to destroy religion. Being a Christian should mean following him and that means we become like him and end up in the same place. He demonstrated the power in us and who and what we really are. He spoke using material words to explain Spiritual Science and law that is above and beyond the appearance of the physical.

It is not Jesus who is affected or His teaching by the hate against Christianity. It is those in church and state who have used his name and lied and mislead and harmed many. But all religions, including Jews and Muslims and atheists and Buddhists have done the same.

If I told you the bible is a lie and there is no god, it would in no way destroy the true God or the true bible. SO we do not let the words or actions affect us if we believe that the truth is the truth and can not be affected by others.

We keep so fixated on the noise and hectic arm waving of the liar and his lie, that we miss the voice of truth and reason, because we think loud noise and lots of bling are real and more exciting then simple natural quiet unassuming freedom, unlimited expression of life on a higher rung.

So to those who want to save the land God gave us and our God given freedoms, STOP believing in a lie. Jesus said, "Pray BELIEVING you have ALREADY received." Not that you might, but that you have.

He told us to follow Him and we can do all he did and greater, but even here we are waiting for him to come back, while he is waiting for us to catch up.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Jesus did not come to create the catholic church. He came to destroy religion. RELIGION DEMANDS WE EXCLUDE CERTAIN PEOPLE. jESUS CAME TO DEMONSTRATE WHO WE REALYY ARE AND WHAT AND WHO God really is. (SORRY CAPS GOT PUNCHED)

We are something greater then we appear and we can evolve into something greater. Most choose to remain bound by a set dogma.

Jesus taught us to not be attached to anything, that the more we gave the greater we recieved. But man created a religion and used his name to control the masses and they choose to work hand in hand with the political beast.
Stop telling me a title you claim to go by and just demonstrate a higher way of being.

Being Christic is attaining a higher truer understanding of our true reality. Understanding is achieved when we are demonstrating the same actions and principals.

We fear the government today just as they did in his time. The churches do the bidding of the IRS, not the true teachings of Christ.

No other spiritual figure demonstrated what he did and then told us we could do it also.

But the spiritual path is a personal one, not a wal-mart approach. mAYBE IF WE ALL STOPPED BEING, BLACK, WHITE, JEW, CHRISTIAN, ETC. AND JUST BE HUMAN BEINGS WHO CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER AND ACTUALLY HELPED EACH OTHER OUT, WE WOULD NOT NEED THE GOVERNMENT AND WE WOULD ELIMINATE PREDJUDICE BECAUSE WE WOULD NO LONGER ACKNOWLEDGE THE LIMITATIONS WE HAVE ALL ACCEPTED.

<< 10  11  12   >>

join