It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desire to destroy Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
An new post SCREAMS "A SERIOUS FLAW IN THE BIBLE"

Posts stating Christianity is the MATRIX.

And on and on...

I know this has been discussed before but I would love an answer...

Why is Chrisianity seemingly seen as the "Great Satan" in the world?

The Catholic Church is the largest provider of health care, AIDS care, housing in the world.

Evangelicals are providing clean water and educators to third world nations that most of you would not even fly over.

Baptists are treating malaria patients and lepors.

Jews are seen on this site as "parasites."

Yet not a word about the flaws of Islam, or Hinduism or Paganism. Heck...Paganism is seen as the end all be all of the "truth" whatever the heck that is.

We have a post from the leaders here decrying the "malice" yet spewing their own saying "They are trying to divide us" and in the same breath talking about "How dare you support an unjust war."

There is world wide following on this site so I am not asking for "white, Christian, America loving words" only so please save that hate.

I am asking for non-liberal, non-America hating Christians to have a seat at the table of respect.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

This is a question only you can answer for yourself
You can not depend on the opinions of other people

You have to forget everything you were ever told since the day you were born
you have to research research research
And figure out things for yourself, You would be surprised. I keep getting new surprises myself everyday.
I am a christian, I do not follow the teaching I have learned through out my life.

The bible tells a story. Then man alters story into a new reality
Jesus says himself He is the son of man. Not they son of god
We turned him into the son of god.

All religions where made to separate people
We are all the same we all come from the same "god"
We all having living flesh maybe different colors
That does not change the fact we all have the same soul

[edit on 20-10-2009 by blankduck18]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18

And figure out things for yourself, You would be surprised. I keep getting new surprises myself everyday.
I am a christian, I do not follow the teaching I have learned through out my life.

You have a very odd understanding of Chrisianity as a self proclaimed Christianity.

Jesus was killed BECAUSE HE PROCALIMED HIMSELF the son of God.

You can put 4 whells on and call yourself a car, but that don't make you a car.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Thats a very BOLD claim. I dont know about everyone else but i dont view Jews as parasites.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kick Flip

Never said you did.

Do a search for "Parasite Jewish Bankers."

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Originally posted by blankduck18

You have a very odd understanding of Chrisianity as a self proclaimed Christianity.

Jesus was killed BECAUSE HE PROCALIMED HIMSELF the son of God.

You can put 4 whells on and call yourself a car, but that don't make you a car.

Prove it, Not by what you were told but what you have read in the bible before it was translated

I am not a follower of Christianity, I was at one time till I noticed a divide between people that where the same

But please prove it to me that i am wrong

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Because christians make a more regular nuisance of themselves in the united states than any other religious group. Mormons did not stand at the gates of my high school handing out bibles and threatening damnation. Muslims did not corner me at age 11 and tell me that I was going to burn in hell for all eternity if I didn't accept Jesus. No jew has ever invited me to a bible study group...two or three times a year for a decade. Hindus don't ask me to get on my knees and and accept Jesus as my personal savior on a regular basis.

And yet I have experienced all of these things from christians.

I am asking for non-liberal, non-America hating
Christians to have a seat at the table of respect.

Then put a leash on the wackos who run around screaming and frothing at the mouth, passing out bibles to children and telling the rest of us that we're going to burn for eternity in hell if we don't convert.

There's a fringe element that's ruining it for the rest of you.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's not just Christianity, I have a desire to destroy all organized religion on this planet, then maybe we can get over our hate and fears and everyone get along. But as long as you got a cross, they face mecca or light a menora(spelling?) that won't happen, you won't allow yourself to agree with each other. There is deep seeded hate that is centuries old and it needs to stop, THAT is why organized religion is an abomination of all things peacefull and productive.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Jesus was killed BECAUSE HE PROCALIMED HIMSELF the son of God

i thought the prophet-teacher Jesus the Nazorrean said he was the 'Son-of-Man'...it was both a few of the confused apostles and the Elect heirarchy of Temple Priests that misquoted him as saying/claiming he was the-son-of-god.

~staying nice-nice~

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If the catholic church is the largest provider of healthcare, AIDS and housing then that in itself is a conspiracy.

I for one, don't hate any believer of any religion. I just don't take claims that can't be proven and reguard them as fact. Thats why I seek my own answers.

I don't care about saving the world and I don't care if your religion disagrees with my beliefs. I think it is disrespectful for somebody to use God as a reason to ask me for money and I find it offensive. Just a bunch of beggars.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

There is world wide following on this site so I am not asking for "white, Christian, America loving words" only so please save that hate.

I am asking for non-liberal, non-America hating Christians to have a seat at the table of respect.

Your response, Is very hypocritical. You should reread it yourself you will see.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It seems like people take their own misunderstanding of Christianity (or God), and then use it to attack Christianity. Some atheists have no idea what they're talking about. They "left" Christianity when they were 12, and their understanding of it is at the same level.

I respect Christopher Hitchens and some of the other famous atheists in a way because they progress our understanding of religion (or whatever you want to call it) and they do so because they actually read and study the New and Old Testament and are intelligent in their criticisms. Just because you're an atheist, doesn't make you smart. I've seen criticisms of religion all the time that are on the same level as, well 12 year olds, battling over which video game console is better and using leet speak. No matter what you are, be intelligent.

Google Video Link

Christopher Hitchens is very respectable in this video, and he doesn't take cheap shots like 95% of other atheists seem to do. I watched this awhile ago, but I remember agreeing with him on almost all his points...doesn't make me an atheist.

And also, not everything when debating God should be centered around Judaism and Christianity...

[edit on 20-10-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Because christians make a more regular nuisance of themselves in the united states than any other religious group. Mormons did not stand at the gates of my high school handing out bibles and threatening damnation. Muslims did not corner me at age 11 and tell me that I was going to burn in hell for all eternity if I didn't accept Jesus. No jew has ever invited me to a bible study group...two or three times a year for a decade. Hindus don't ask me to get on my knees and and accept Jesus as my personal savior on a regular basis.

Then put a leash on the wackos who run around screaming and frothing at the mouth, passing out bibles to children and telling the rest of us that we're going to burn for eternity in hell if we don't convert.

You are so right. It was 19 Christians flying those planes on Sept 11. (Please don't go conspiracy...not the time or place.)

Muslims simply will KILL YOU if you don't convert or pay tax.

Jews don't want converts. Christians believe that it is GOOD to hear Gods word. I apologize for the 30 times over 10 years you were asked to bible study. My God...the horror you must have went through.

Hindus only want to live by themselves, you are right. That is why they have to fight off MUSLIM suicide bombers and a nuclear armed Pakistan.

And you say WE are frothing...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You are so right. It was 19 Christians flying those planes on Sept 11. (Please don't go conspiracy...not the time or place.)

Jews don't want converts. Christians believe that it is GOOD to hear Gods word. I apologize for the 30 times over 10 years you were asked to bible study. My God...the horror you must have went through.

Hindus only want to live by themselves, you are right. That is why they have to fight off MUSLIM suicide bombers and a nuclear armed Pakistan.

And you say WE are frothing...

You asked for a respectful conversation with non hating Christians you have got this. But...
You are a hater of every other religion it seems
Not every Muslim will kill you
Stop being so angry and defensive.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

If you liberalists are so intolerant to Christian radicals, why are you so seemingly immune to the atheist fantacisim that is gripping America right now? Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian and I believe in spreading God's love, but not in a condemnational way. IN THE SAME ASPECT atheists spread knowledge and science which is GREAT. But yet when a radical Christian makes it to the news or makes his/her way into your life, people explode and point at them, singling them out. Do you know that's called the "pop-out phenomenon"? It's a real term, look it up.

Yet somehow when an Atheist or anti-Christian comes out and does something radical, like attempt to eradicate creationism, prayer and other 'Christian' activities from public life, they are seen as a hero, not an extremist. Why?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I tend to think it has everything to do with "recruiting"
Above all "christians" are the hardest working recruiters, I have ever wittnesed, anyone that pushs something to the point of anger, and then say that the lord will remove that anger and twist it all around so that you can't escape them.

I have no oppinion of any religion, but them christiains are in high gear, when it comes to, "join or go to hell"....
Guess its easy to see where I live! Heart of the bible belt, and not 5 miles from a leading bible college.

Oh on subject, I am not sure the ppl you invited exist!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Most likely because Christianity is the dominant religion in the West, which is where almost all of the people on this website live. If we lived in the East (generally), we'd likely be picking at Buddhism or Hinduism.

Location, location, location.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35 declares, “The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’”

Later, before Pontius Pilate, “The Jews insisted, ‘We have a law, and according to that law He must die, because He claimed to be the Son of God’” (John 19:7).

Enough?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Here is an explanation,

www.thirdmill.org...

which says:

THE BIBLE ON THE PROBLEM OF EVIL
Insights from Romans 3:1-8,21-26; 5:1-5; 8:28-39
by John M. Frame

For many today and throughout history, the problem of evil has represented the most serious objection to the Christian faith. Some very brilliant philosophers have thought that this problem conclusively refutes belief in the Christian God. But not only professors of philosophy — ordinary people, too, often feel this problem deeply. You don’t have to be a sophisticated philosopher to doubt the reality of God when a loved one is going through terrible suffering. At such times the “problem of evil” is not so much a learned argument as it is a simple cry of the heart, “How could a loving God allow this?”

That’s it, in a nutshell. The sophisticated philosophical version of the problem states the issue, usually, with a calmer spirit and a more precise vocabulary. But the philosopher doesn’t state the question any better; and insofar as the philosopher dilutes the passion of that heart-cry, he misses something important. So we’ll leave it at the simple level. To understand, to feel the problem of evil, think of some terrible tragedy that seems to have no positive value whatsoever: the genocide of Hitler, Stalin, or Pol Pot; a child suffering terrible pain as he slowly dies of cancer; an African baby dying of starvation. Think in such cases of how you too might cry out, almost involuntarily, “How could a loving God allow this?” You see, it’s not only unbelievers who cry out that way. Believers do too. There is something universally human about that cry. It’s almost a reflex. It’s something that goes very deep.

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. Please review this link.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

What in the world is that supposed to mean?

Cause if muslims attacked our country, that would be good enough reason to attack all muslims right?

Man that is scary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join