It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tribute to Tony Benn [Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
A tribute to long standing British Antiwar politician Tony Benn.

Tony Benn has been in poitics for half a century now and has to be one of the most repsected yet controversial figures about. He really is a golden nugget amoungst grit. Truly one of a kind; a politician for the people and democracy only. He has spent his life trying to stop abuse of power by those that we elect, he's the current President of the Stop the War Coalition, and constantly exposes American imperialism, elitist hypocrisy and Zionist propeganda; always sticking up for human rights, democracy and the people.

In this 4 minute video he totally bashes John Bolton live on british TV after he is shown trying to negociate a peaceful solution with Sadam, followed by some of his various testinmony in parliament.

There are not many poloticians that come close to Tony Benn. Quote

"due to his length of time in the House of Commons, and his campaign to renounce his inherited title, he is considered by many today as one of the most popular politicians in the UK"

The mainstream media rarely gives him the time to tell the public his wise, straight to the point and candid reflections of what is going on in the world. If they did let him on the TV really often I think the public would undoubtedly be much more informaed about some very serious politicial issues. When they do let him on, its a real gem to behold his succinct telling of basic truths.

All respect to Tony Benn.

Even at his age he is still fighting on in the spirit of democracy in the name of the people all around the world.

Show your support for his legacy by flagging and rating this thread!

Thanks.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
While I would not alway agree with Tony Benn politically, he has alway spoken his mind and not cared if this in in line with the percieved wisdom of the Labour party at the time.

Tony Benn is a politician I would happily share a dinner table with.

And he certainly has my respect.

join